The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 02-05-2018, 06:03 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Glass Corvettes

Usually when Connie wants to go into an antique store, I'm just along for the ride, as I don't really expect to see anything in those sorts of shops of much interest. Once I did find a pretty decent tripod, or maybe an interesting tool, but by and large, I'm just there to keep Connie company as she looks around for any antique depression era etched glassware that she has an interest in.

But a little while back we were up in Dothan Alabama (for a gun show, no less) and she spotted an antique mall that looked interesting, and I actually found something I was interested in. Not sure who made these things, and certainly they can't be old enough to be really considered as antiques, but something nice to sit on the shelf, nonetheless, I think.

Unread 02-05-2018, 09:41 PM   #2
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Pretty neat, Rich!
I wonder how many years have been cast/forged/melted or however they make them. Do you have any info on them at all? You could possibly spend a small fortune getting 1 of every year they produced.
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2018, 03:55 AM   #3
Rich Z

Heck, these were at a pawn shop, so there wasn't any information provided about them at all. Never seen anything like them before, so I'm guessing that I might never see any others like them again. Of course, there might be zillions of these things out there, just never paid attention to them, or never happened to see any at the places I've been to. You never know what you will find in antique malls. One of the "games" that Connie and I will play at these antique places is to see who can find the ugliest looking monstrosity we can find there. And trust me, there can be some real doozies!

But if I do see other years or models of these crystal corvettes, I guess there is a pretty good chance I would pick them up too, as long as they aren't too expensive.
Unread 02-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

Google "Hofbauer crystal corvette" and see if the results are the same as the ones that you bought. Hofbauer, from what I've read, is now out of business but produced glass models of sports cars and jeeps. They seem to be very popular in the collectors market, with sometimes large differences in price between models.
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
Rich Z

Ah yeah, seems to be a few of them out there. Mostly the 1963 model. Also looks like a '59 convertible was made. So far haven't seen any sign that a C3 model was made. Which seems kind of odd since a C1, C2, and C4 model can be found.

I think I paid something like $32 each for the ones I picked up, which seemed reasonable to me.

The bases they rest on look the same as in the pics I saw, but since they are showing up in various finishes, it's possible some have been repainted. The name plates are different on mine, so it's possible they were re-done as well.
Unread 07-05-2019, 04:25 AM   #6
roadrunner
Banned

Name :
roadrunner is on a distinguished road

That would be a nice collection. Hope to encounter one on a thrift shop or a flea market.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote