The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 08-28-2018, 06:59 PM   #151
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

We got tore up today. 70+ MPH winds. Tree down on the house behind me and looks like a hurricane went thru. Big down burst and 1.5" of rain in 15 mins. Flooded streets and a 6.4 Hemi Charger took in water and blew the engine.

I was 3 miles away at the time and we had just some heavy rain where i was. This is why i did not do a Vararam on my C6 since our streets flood with heavy rain.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2018, 09:05 PM   #152
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

A typical rainy afternoon up here with the expected handful of crashes on the interstate, but a lot of lightning. As a matter of fact two cars out there got struck by lightning!
Unread 08-28-2018, 11:07 PM   #153
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I've been trying to take my drone up to catch some lightning video, but not having too much luck. Problem is that the storm needs to be far enough away that strong winds and/or rain isn't HERE, yet making some substantial lightning at a close enough distance to look like something. Today it seemed that the rain came quickly, so no chance to take the drone up ahead of the storm.

I did catch a rainbow that way the other day. Just a partial, though. This drone that I now have can't elevate the camera angle above 90 degrees, so the frame is filled half and half with sky and ground. Been looking at another drone that can do a full 180 degree sweep up and down, but it's too new to be trusting it. Buying these things too early puts you on the "payroll" of being an unpaid beta tester for these companies. Thanks, but NO thanks. Let other people lose their drones to infant design mortality problems.

We got nearly a half inch of rain today. Would have gotten more but it seems that the rain coming in from the east mostly stopped just short of getting to us. Typical story for this area, it seems. But at least the mosquito population had died back quite a bit.
Unread 09-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #154
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Had about 6" this week. East flow makes all the fiff in the world when it comes to me getting rain vs a west flow.
Unread 09-01-2018, 03:45 PM   #155
Rich Z

We've had light rain off an on over that past several days, but the bulk of the storms just seem to brush up against us, then think better about hitting us dead on.
Unread 09-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #156
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

I see the NWS is talking about a tropical wave possibly headed our way. Not expecting any development, just a rain event. But I know that this is Florida, anything could happen.
Unread 09-01-2018, 05:37 PM   #157
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

We better get the rain now as around Sept 18th is starts to cut off as the days get shorter. Looks like a warm and dry fall- winter.
Unread 09-01-2018, 05:58 PM   #158
Rich Z

I don't think Intellicast is recognizing tropical storms any more. Matter of fact, when I look at the page I used to refer to all of the time, it seems that they have reverted back to 2016 and are stuck there.

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Track.aspx

Unread 09-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #159
Rich Z

Just had another rain storm pass through. 0.55" of rain in the past 24 hours. Not sure if the rain gauge is counting some rain from late yesterday or not.
Unread 09-04-2018, 03:35 AM   #160
Rich Z

We had a pretty intense period of rain today (Monday). Rain gauge shows 0.84", but I'm pretty sure we got a lot more than that.

Looks like we may get more rain tomorrow (Tuesday) from that tropical storm heading north in the Gulf.