The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Performance Tuning

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Performance Tuning Beginner and advanced tuning | Tools of the trade

Unread 06-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
LV Vette
LV Vette

Name :
LV Vette has disabled reputation
Default Info on Jeremy Fomato

I am trying to find out information on a tuner in the Florida area by the name of Jeremy Fomato. He is coming to Las Vegas to do a bunch of tunes and I was looking for people that used him and if you were happy with his work.

Thanks,

Clayton from Las Vegas
LV Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

This is all I can tell you. I've never had work done by him directly, but apparently he's very knowledgeable. There were a few problems a couple of years ago, but maybe he's worked through that?

He tuned a T/A for a friend of mine. Things didn't go so well. He raised the shift points even after she specifically asked him not to. A real PITA to get corrected (not sure it ever was?)

I also understand that he blew up another customers car on the dyno by trying to eek out that 1 last HP. Unfortunately, he doens't/didn't have the (at the time anyway) means or ability to rebuild it.

On the flip side, he is very dilligent and will go the extra mile to help a customer out of a fix. He did just that for another friend of mine after one of his tunes crapped out. The guy was basically stranded on the highway and Jeremy came out, got him and corrected the problem to get him back on the road. I guess you can't ask for more than that Now can you?

I realize problems occur and I really don't keep up with Jeremy (didn't care for the last place he worked so I kept my distance from that shop). I'm, sure he's matured over the years and as a businessman and tuner. I know he works independently now and travels all over the country doing tunes.

I guess if he really sucked, you'd have heard about it by now.

In the future, I'll need to get my C4 done. I'm trying to keep an open mind and see how he does?

Some people swear by him, others at him

For the time being, it's certainly worth taking a look.

Last edited by Shadow; 06-23-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
GTO831
Vette Dreamer

Name :
GTO831 is on a distinguished road

Hi. My husband and I own a speed shop in the Tampa area. We have only used Formato for our tunes and he is EXCELLENT!!!!

He took my bone stock GTO from running 13.7's to 13.5's and then with a better tune to 13.23.
He is an excellent tuner with an even better reputation. He goes the extended extra mile and will spend whatever time needed to make sure your car is running it's very best.

For the last 3 years he has used our personal cars (husband has an 05 GTO) as the "guinnie pig" and I can only say that each "experiment" has made the car faster. My husband only has cam, headers, tq converter and his car is running in the high 11's.

I highly recommend you check him out. You won't be sorry.

Tracy
GTO831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Well there ya go. A recent and regular reccomendation
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote