The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 07-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
mikes98pacecar

Name :
mikes98pacecar has disabled reputation

so rich 500.00 wasnt enough..now you play silly games...does it make you feel like a big shot looking for sympathy from others by twisting the facts to fit your story?
here from your own email..........
>Reply-To: "serpenco" <rich@serpenco.com>
>To: <tensecondmonster@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Wheels and tires problem.
>Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:53:32 -0400
>
>Mike,
>
>Honestly, Mike, in a sense I do see your point in this. But I do hope you
>see mine as well. I trusted you that your word was good and accurate about
>what you were selling. I assumed "Mint" meant with all original OEM parts.
>Are you telling me you did NOT know those wheels and tires were not stock
>for the Z06? Were the chrome ones on that other vette stock Z06 models?
>
>Can we come to some sort of compromise here? Can you at least help me with
>the cost of those original wheels for this vehicle? Is that asking too
>much of you? I have been looking around and can get a complete set of
>either OEM or repros for $750 to $850. Can you at least throw me a bone so
>I don't feel I was shafted in this?
mikes98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #12
mikes98pacecar

Name :

it was listed as nr. mint rich...please try to put some of the facts correctly....
also.....does anyone think near mint means all stock or the condition of car?lol.....wake up rich z...from rich z
I assumed "Mint" meant with all original OEM parts.
>for the Z06?WE BOTH KNEW THAT RICH THATS WHY I OFFERED YOU THE OTHER CHROME Z06 WHEELS BUT YOU LIKED THE ONES ON THE CAR YOU BOUGHT PLUS THE 500.00 I GAVE YOU FOR TIRES!!!! Were the chrome ones on that other vette stock Z06 models?YES, AND I OFFERED THEM TO YOU.....
Unread 07-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #13
mikes98pacecar

Name :

rich z../others..did you read my feedback from other satisfied buyers?
i believe ole rich z left me good feedback also....
Unread 07-22-2006, 09:26 PM   #14
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes98pacecar
are you guys really reading the facts?
this guy rich z main complaint is wheels and tires.....there were no surprises on my part..he knew these werent the z06 wheels and i gave him 500.00 for tires and he bought the car below pprice which he admits should have been 30,500.....pics clearly show c5 wheels and he knew that....period......as for my offer of a 2003 for your 2002 rich....its off....your not a man deserving of goodwill........keep up your baby games rich z.....ill enjoy my vettes/ferraris/rolls royces and so will 99% of my customers...theres always a miserable sumbich in the crowd no matter what....btw..happy 56th
Not true. I absolutely did NOT know those wheels in the photo were from a stock C5 and NOT a Z06. However, in my opinion, YOU definitely did, and neglected to mention it to me at any time. When you called me to tell me that your Ebay ad was wrong quoting chrome wheels, I asked you what the difference was in the wheels. You said nothing except the wheels were chromed and the ones on the car were magnesium. You NEVER said once that the wheels for either set were either Z06 or stock C5s. Matter of fact, Z06 wheels do NOT come in chrome either. They are either painted gray or machined aluminum.

"pics clearly show c5 wheels and he knew that....period......" So YOU knew I knew THAT, Mike? How so? Quite frankly, I had NO idea that was the case until the vette tech at Champion Chevrolet in Tallahassee asked me WHY I had put C5 wheels on a Z06! That was the very first inkling at all of the difference.

Yes, you did knock off $500 because of the tires. Which paid for about 1.5 of the set of four (4) tires I had to buy for that vehicle. But you never mentioned that the front tires were dangerously bald and I was to drive home from Pembroke Pines to Tallahassee on those thread bare tires. Obviously you had no concern at all for my welfare driving several hundred miles on dangerously thread bare tires, now did you?

The wear marks on those tires were NOT consistent with the alignment on the car when I had an alignment done after buying new tires. The consensus of opinion of myself, the vette tech who did the alignment and the service writer were that the wear on those tires was done on another vehicle prior to those wheels and tires being placed on the Z06 I purchased from you. If that wear had been done while ON the vehicle, the alignment would have been very noticeably and decidedly out of kilter. Which was NOT the case at all. In my opinion, the wheels and tires on that car when I purchased it were NOT the ones that the car had been driving on for very long.

And yes, I did a blue book check on the car, but apparently I used it for a car much different then the one you were offering. My figures were based on a "mint" car, or even "nr mint", as you had listed that car. Not one with bald tires, wrong wheels, busted front turn signals, botched up modified air cleaner that was allowing unfiltered air into the engine, NO sport seats as your ad claimed, and a noticeable scrape mark underneath the frame that "easy highway driving" is highly unlikely to account for. I doubt there is even a category for a car in such a state within the Blue Book anyway.

And tell me Mike, how did you know that the car was only subjected to "easy highway driving" when the first you apparently even saw of it was when you picked it up from a BMW dealership (in your own words) as a tradein? How did you know that sort of info to include it in your advertising?

And just out of curiosity, what is it exactly that you DO with those muscle cars you buy before reselling them? Continue along with the "easy highway driving" you advertise for them? Hmm????

As for trading it to you now, my car for your 2003 Z06, after I put on some rather expensive headers, X-pipe, high flow cats, new wheels and Michelin tires, new shifter, new plugs and wires, new battery, new alternator, new air cleaner (that works), new O2 sensors, ported throttle body and a host of other small modifications, for a car from you that would be, at best, in unknown condition, you really can't be serious, now can you? "Easy highway driving", notwithstanding, of course.......
Unread 07-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #15
mikes98pacecar

Name :

rich z. are you in huge city florida where driving is stop and go like new york city?
all florida cars with higher miles are highway driving imo.....
Unread 07-22-2006, 10:07 PM   #16
Rich Z

Quote:
rich z. are you in huge city florida where driving is stop and go like new york city?
all florida cars with higher miles are highway driving imo.....
I see. So your statement "easy highway driving" is in comparison to New York driving completely and totally? In your opinion, ANYTHING driven in Florida is "easy highway driving"?
Unread 07-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #17
mikes98pacecar

Name :

rich, seek help reading and comprehending
florida is mostly highway driving...
new york city is stop and go driving....thats my opinion....
Unread 07-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #18
mikes98pacecar

Name :

rich, is it more money your seeking from me or what?
you act like i shipped you a vette sight unseen...the pics clearly showed chrome c5 wheels...you p/up the car with c5 wheels and you got 500.00 from me for tires...we agreed on that and your attacking/stalking me over a year later?reread your emails to me...you asked for 750.00 and i gave you 500.00....you were happy....so are you trying to extort money from me rich?
if you need money rich, just ask.....ill lend you whatever you need till you get on your feet
Unread 07-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #19
mikes98pacecar

Name :

heres a pic of car rich z bought from me......
Unread 07-23-2006, 01:50 AM   #20
Rich Z

Quote:
it was listed as nr. mint rich...please try to put some of the facts correctly....
also.....does anyone think near mint means all stock or the condition of car?lol.....wake up rich z...from rich z
I assumed "Mint" meant with all original OEM parts.
>for the Z06?WE BOTH KNEW THAT RICH THATS WHY I OFFERED YOU THE OTHER CHROME Z06 WHEELS BUT YOU LIKED THE ONES ON THE CAR YOU BOUGHT PLUS THE 500.00 I GAVE YOU FOR TIRES!!!! Were the chrome ones on that other vette stock Z06 models?YES, AND I OFFERED THEM TO YOU.....
Mint certainly does have a perceived level of expected condition when applied to ANYTHING, I believe.

Quote:
from Dictionary.com - "mint condition" - In excellent condition, unblemished, perfect, as in This car is in mint condition.
Quote:
from Wikipedia.org - Mint condition is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. Originally, the phrase comes from the way collectors describe the condition of coins. As the name given to a coin factory is a 'mint', then mint condition is the condition a coin is in as it leaves the mint.

When describing trading cards, perfect condition is used to describe the condition as it is when pulled from a pack, mint would be new but opened.

Mint condition is often used on ebay sales to describe an item (modell figure, doll, collectable or similar) that has never been removed from box, or in some cases is as good as new without any scratches or other.
Quote:
from Google - Definitions of Mint Condition on the Web:

A piece of jewelry having no signs of wear whatsoever, including no discolored stones. A piece that is in Mint Condition is in virtually the same condition as it was when it left the manufacturer. Considering that vintage jewelry is usually 50 or more years old, and that it likely has been worn, it is obviously quite rare to find a piece that is truly in Mint Condition.
www.jewelrysupplier.com/glossary/M-glossary.htm

Term referring to a used or antiquarian book whose condition is "Like new". This term is more proper to numismatics and philately, with antiquarians usually preferring "as new."
www.trussel.com/books/glossary.htm

Mint condition, or blue-ribbon condition, refers to a house that looks as close to new as possible.
http://www.boise-idahos-real-estate....ons-m-168.html

Mint condition means,as good as the day it was made,or,as near perfect as is possible.
www.georgettesattic.com/glossary_01.html

This means that the figure is in absolutely perfect condition and is completely free from any blemishes, such as fur rubs, marks, dust or anything else. This also means that the figure is fully clothed and in the correct clothing, unless otherwise stated. If the figure is boxed, it will usually be stated as an extra. As a final note, if the figure meets the above criteria, but smells of smoke, it cannot be described as "mint condition".
www.sylvanian-families.co.uk/conditions.html

A stamp that is "Post Office Fresh," that is in the same condition as when it left the mint or printing source. A stamp which has never been soiled, stained, creased, marked, or torn. Usually with Full Original Gum, (See Below).
rhodeisland-philatelic.com/postal-history/terms3.htm

This quilt is in new condition. It has no stains, no discoloration, no repairs, no cracking or giving fabric. Like a coin, it is exactly as it was the day it was "minted." Antique quilts in this condition are very rare.
www.woodlandcottagequilts.com/glossary.html

A house or anything that is as close to new as possible.
www.peakagents.ca/glossary/m8.htm

Status description of an item that remains in its original condition. No Reserve (NR) Also known as Absolute Auction English Auction Items sold in this type of auction have no minimum or reserve price set. The lowest bid begins the auction; the highest bid wins. Opening Bid The first bid offered by a buyer during an auction. When the opening bid is preset by the seller, it is called the opening price. Opening Time The time at which an auction begins. ...
http://www.auctionsonlineguide.com/o...sglossary.html

"Mint Condition" is an expression used in the description of pre-owned goods. "Mint" means "used, but still as new".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mint_condition
As for your recollection about the conversation concerning the wheels, I am sorry but you are mistaken. I specifically asked you what the difference was between the two types of wheels and you (paraphrasing) said "nothing at all except one set is chrome and the other magnesium". In no instance whatsoever did you say that one set was a Z06 set of wheels and the other not (as in C5 wheels). Your comments expressed that the ONLY difference was in the material the wheels were made of. I am sorry that your recollection is lacking in that detail.

The point is that those tires and wheels were NOT correct for the 2002 model Z06. They were undersizerd and as such not designed for the performance. reliability, and safety of driving the Z06 in the manner for which it was designed.

In my opinion, I believe you KNEW those tires and wheels were incorrect for that Z06 and you failed to alert me of that fact even though General Motors explicity states in the owners manual for the Z06 concerning tires:

Quote:
Using tires of different sizes (other than those originally installed on your vehicle) may also cause damage to your vehicle. Be sure to use the correct size and type tires on all four wheels.
pg. 6-47

Quote:
Using the wrong replacement wheels, wheel bolts or wheel nuts on your vehicle can be dangerous. It could affect the braking and handling of your vehicle, make your tires lose air and make you lose control. You could have a collision in which you or others could be injured. Always use the correct wheel, wheel bolts and wheel nuts for replacement.
pg. 6-50

Quote:
The wrong wheel can also cause problems with bearing life, brake cooling, speedometer or odometer calibration, headlamp aim, bumper height, vehicle ground clearance and tire clearance to the body and chasis.
pg. 6.50

Quote:
rich, seek help reading and comprehending
florida is mostly highway driving...
new york city is stop and go driving....thats my opinion....
I can read and comprehend fine, but thanks for the concern. So what you are implying is that ANY car driven outside of New York with high mileage for the age can be legitimately advertised as "easy highway driving", and that is your position and policy? In other words, you really don't KNOW anything at all about how, where, and in what manner that Z06 was driven at all and just put that phrase in your ad without any real basis of knowledge, is that correct? I'm sorry, but doesn't "truthfullness" require knowledge about the facts that are being stated?

Quote:
rich, is it more money your seeking from me or what?
you act like i shipped you a vette sight unseen...the pics clearly showed chrome c5 wheels...you p/up the car with c5 wheels and you got 500.00 from me for tires...we agreed on that and your attacking/stalking me over a year later?reread your emails to me...you asked for 750.00 and i gave you 500.00....you were happy....so are you trying to extort money from me rich?
if you need money rich, just ask.....ill lend you whatever you need till you get on your feet
Perhaps YOU need to reread those emails. I NEVER asked you for $750.00. The $500 you knocked off of the price was without my saying a word about it. You claimed it was for the bad tires that would need replacing SOON. I just didn't realize HOW soon that would be. They SHOULD have been replaced before I drove home all that way on them.

I think what I was seeking when I determined that the wheels on that Z06 were not correct for the vehicle was made clear in that email I sent to you back when I discovered this "oversight". And no, the pics didn't CLEARLY show CHROME wheels at all. And as your recollection is again faulty, apparently, I never ASKED you for anything off of the price at all.

Yes, certainly I was happy. Until I discovered the details that made what I thought I had bought from you less then what it should have been. I thought I had bought a 2002 Z06 in, well not exactly "nr mint" condition, but at least one that was accurately described in the ad you placed describing it. And yes "nr mint" DOES mean with original OEM parts. It means used, but "AS NEW".

Thanks for the pic of the Z06! BTW, care to show pics of those "sport seats" that were listed as being in the car as well? I'm sure you still have them as well, don't you? And how about the Blackwing air filter as well? Got any pics of that to share?

Well I just happen to have some pics of that air cleaner that came on the car that you sold me. Here's an overall view of it as it came out of the car recently:

Gee, doesn't really look like any Blackwing I can recall seeing. You? And notice those two openings at the bottom of the air cleaner? Two holes that you can see the pleated filter material through? Here, let me give you a closer look....

Notice something? Notice how the air being drawn in through those holes would COMPLETELY BYPASS the filter material entirely? Allowing unfiltered air to go directily into the throttle body through the intake manifold, into the heads. filling the piston chambers with UNFILTERED air!

And since you replaced the air filter yourself, surely YOU would have seen those holes!

Quote:
To: <rich@serpenco.com>
Subject: Re: 2002 Z06 Corvette
Date: Saturday, September 24, 2005 6:03 PM

rich....if car aint in excellent condition with at most a few minor hairline
normal scratches from being a used car i would not leave you bad feedback if
you passed on the deal....im a family man enjoying buying and selling sport
cars as a hobby from home!!im not out to hurt anyone.a test drive is
welcomed!!!im driving it and loveing it!!!i just put in a new air filter
today
..performance is incredible...
thanks,
mike..
Emphasis added....

One thing, Mike. That comment about "performance is incredible". You WERE just doing "easy highway driving" at the time, weren't you? You know, to keep the car in the condition your ad indicated and everything.

Oh, and "stalking"? "Extorting" money? Hardly. The only time I approached you about anything after I drove the car home was when I discovered the wheels were NOT correct for the vehicle. And you just blew me off. Coming to you about the other issues (sport seats, Blackwing air cleaner, for instance) would most certainly, in my opinion, have gotten me exactly the same response from you. But I never claimed I am perfect. Am I wrong in assuming that is the case about you? That you would have, in fact, made an honest attempt to correct these deficiencies between what was advertised and what I actually got?

Oh yeah, before I forget. In reference to your "trade" offer, I neglected to mention that I also put Baer brake rotors and HPS brake pads all around on the car. So I do believe you can see why such a trade would really not be in my best interests. Had you offered this when I first indicated dissatisfaction concerning the mismatched wheels, why certainly I think we would have had some negotiating room. It would have been a much better response from you then the one I got, I believe.