The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 07-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #31
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes98pacecar
btw, car has the original f1 tires with better then 50-70% life so id say with 62k miles they were ez fl- highway miles!!
burnouts would have cooked these a long time ago in my opinion.
Or perhaps they were the 3rd or 4th set of tires on the car. EZ Fl Highway miles? How do you know? With the VIN, one can contact the NCM and get the original sticker. It will actually tell you what dealer the car was shipped to. Unless you were in the car for all 62k miles, I don't think you can really say what type of miles they were.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #32
mikes98pacecar

Name :
mikes98pacecar has disabled reputation

its my ad, my opinion and the next potential buyers option to come to his opinion...btw, i do have the original window sticker,it comes with the car.
mikes98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #33
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
btw, car has the original f1 tires with better then 50-70% life so id say with 62k miles they were ez fl- highway miles!!
burnouts would have cooked these a long time ago in my opinion.
Quite frankly, I find this statement a little difficult to believe. 62K miles already on the "original" tires and you are saying "better then 50-70% life"? Heck with the car! Tell me where I can buy that brand of tires for the Corvette that will last 100K to 120K miles! I'll take a set right now.....
Unread 08-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #34
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

Quote:
wrong..i never sell cars with salvage titles. maybe i should sue you for libel and defamation of character.as for rich z, you blame me again for your not knowing anything about z06s, yet the pics of the car you bought clearly show c5 chrome wheels.i took 500.00 off for that and you loved the car when you bought it, then you become a z06 expert and you crucify me?
get a life....and yes i did offer you a more expensive 2003 z06 for your 2002, and you are still complaining? being the expert you now are you could have came and inspected this z06 and made your decision again......grow up......as for the losers who dont know me gfy.
btw, yes i am florida licensed and if you mutts keep libeling me expect recourse..i have an attorney itching to bring a few of you peanut gallery punks into court if needed..govern yourselves accordingly....like the sayiong goes i guess....assholes are like opinions
everyone has one
Wow! what a great response. you have me convinced that you are a very upstanding and professional salesman now. i can understand getting upset about something that could potentially cost you income but making threats and telling people to gfy. i dont know you and i have never bought anything from you so i can only make a judgment on your character and professionalism by this response that you have left on this forum. if you are looking to clear your name this is not the best way to do it. after reading this, my opinion of you is now less than favorable. on a more serious note, i doubt the itching your attorney has is caused by wanting to go to court. you should really have him see a medical professional about it. itching can be the sign of any number of potentially serious health conditions.
Unread 08-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #35
86DSOMVERT
Maui No Ka Oi

Name :
86DSOMVERT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFun
i doubt the itching your attorney has is caused by wanting to go to court. you should really have him see a medical professional about it. itching can be the sign of any number of potentially serious health conditions.
Thanks Twisted that made my day!!

1986 Corvette Convertible Pace Car Replica #5410 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
2008 Impala SS LS4 Magnaflow Catback CAI
Florida Keys Corvette Club
Nathan Independent Travel Agent
--------------------------------------------------
I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.
86DSOMVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #36
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

I have read this thread and I would add this. There are a couple of red flags I picked up upon in the original add. First of all for a car that has 58,000 miles on it to be advertised as near mint is just fluff. There is no way, I don't care how well you take care of it that it could possibly be near mint. I have a 2001 Z06 with 9544 miles on it and it is in top condition mechanically and cosmetically, but it still has some signs of being driven. I would consider a car with under 10,000 miles a candidate for being able to be called near mint or showroom condition or perfect, unless it has been abused but never, never a car with over 50,000 miles period. Also the picture of the car shows that the wheels have been changed, Z06 wheels are truely unique. Blackwing air filter tells me that somewhere along the line someone was looking for more performance, hell it already has 405hp flywheel hp, trying to add more tells me that someone probably has been driving the car hard and is trying to squeeze more performance out of it. Highway miles translates to more bugs and rocks hitting the nose hence reducing even further the meaning of near mint. The air filter is just a plain ole zip tie mod, not a blackwing, also a dead giveaway that this car probably didn't have the best of care. Goodyear F1 Supercar tires lasting over 50,000 miles, unlikely. The add for this car like I said is full of inconsistancies that should have cast serious doubts over the condition and maintainence of this vehicle. The signs were there, but sometimes we think with our hearts and not our heads.

Rich, I to am sorry you were taken advantage of, it absolutely sucks when someone gets screwed in a transaction like this, hindsight is 20/20 but anyone considering buying a Hi-Performance car like this has to enter into the negotions doubting everything they are told unless it can be proven differently. People and dealerships will say anything to sell their cars, you just have to sift thru all the b/s and look at the facts and do lots of research on what you are buying. Knowledge is absolute power and strength.

All this said, Rich, or for that matter anyone else out there, I have 35 plus years of dealership experience as a Parts and Service Director, and I have vast experience as to the workings of New Car Dealers, if I can be of any help assisting anyone with questions about any year Corvette, whether it be decyphering numbers on a mid-year, or purchasing a new one I am willing to offer any kind of assistance I have access to.
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #37
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, no doubt I had a bad case of tunnel vision as well as being far too inexperienced with Corvettes to be making that kind of purchase. Realistically, I think everyone considering getting a used vehicle would be wise to take someone knowledgeable along as an agent. I just didn't know enough about what I was looking at, and that was certainly a mistake. I made the best of the situation, I guess, but certainly I would hope others would learn from my mistake of trusting what a seller is telling me. If I have one thing that I would consider a near fatal flaw in my personality, it is that I tend to trust people I have never met. My wife is constantly trying to break me of that habit.
Unread 08-07-2006, 05:28 PM   #38
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
Rich, I to am sorry you were taken advantage of, it absolutely sucks when someone gets screwed in a transaction like this, hindsight is 20/20 but anyone considering buying a Hi-Performance car like this has to enter into the negotions doubting everything they are told unless it can be proven differently. People and dealerships will say anything to sell their cars, you just have to sift thru all the b/s and look at the facts and do lots of research on what you are buying. Knowledge is absolute power and strength.
i have to agree. i read up a lot before i got my first c-5 and knew what i was getting before i got it. i actually knew more about the car than the sales staff at a very large dealership. they had no clue on a lot of the things i was asking about. when i bought my z06 last month i did a lot of research on the car and the seller. i ran the numbers through my local dealership to see what had been done on the car in the past. i also looked up past threads on fourms that the seller posted to see what kind of problems he may have had with the car. his posts were more for performance advice and it seemed that the car had no problems also. i talked to other members that had talked to him to get even more info. the car came back clean and the seller was very up front about everything i asked. the car had a clean repair history. the car was mint. the white part stickers and tags on the underside of the car were just as new. the stickers by the torque tube were just like it left the factory. the seller was top notch. Great guy to deal with and loves cars. i cant wait for him to buy a c-6 z06 so i can buy that one from him when he upgrades again lol. as a heads up the seller's id is SIINSI. great to deal with and an asset to the corvette world.
Unread 08-10-2006, 08:41 PM   #39
mikes98pacecar

Name :
mikes98pacecar has disabled reputation

well the guy who i sold the 2003 black z06 to was 100% satisfied.
you guys missed a steal of a deal.
mikes98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #40
FL_BILL_23U

Name :
FL_BILL_23U is on a distinguished road

The "mint" Z06 purchased by Rich sounds like it was sold by the cousin of the low life who sold me a set of "like new" wheels on eBay. One wheel was described as having a "small mark" on it. The "small mark" turned out to be curb rash covering 1/2 of the diameter of the rim. The final outcome has yet to be determined.
FL_BILL_23U is offline   Reply With Quote