The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 01-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
TyZtoy

Name :
TyZtoy has disabled reputation
Question Safety Harbor or nearby residence...

Just soliciting opinions on the area, especially for those who commute to the Tampa/Brandon area during the week.

It's time for me to decide where I'm going to settle down. I've been told the Safety Harbor area is a very nice area to live in. I temporarily reside in the Brandon/Riverview area and have lived in Valrico a few years back before relocating to Miami. Now that I'm back, I'm looking to make a change and possibly move closer to the beach life.

Anyway, one of my concerns is the daily commute to work or better yet FROM work in the afternoon ,as I work in Brandon. I'm ok with a 30 - 45 min commute and have been told there are a number of ways to make the trip. I see a lot of the construction finally being completed in some areas (I-4, 275). Is it helping?

Thank you for your feedback.
Ty
TyZtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road

You won't make it from Brandon the Safety Harbor in 30-45 minutes during rush hour. I work in downtown Clearwater and live in Palm Harbor. I was in Tampa yesterday on business and left Tampa (I was on the west side of downtown Tampa) at 3:00pm and didn't get back to my office ubtil 3:45. take off 15 minutes from safety Harbor to my office and it would have been 30 minutes for my trip to Safety Harbor.
From Safety Harbor to Tampa -Brandon about the only way there is across 60. If you bypass 60, you would need to take the Bayside Bridge and pickup the Howard-Franklin into Tampa, but that would mean you go south first before you turn east over the bay.
Now if an hour to an 1 hour and 15 miutes on bad days is do able, then you may be fine.
Safety Harbor is a nice area. It is on Old Tampa Bay and has a great county park. Good luck on what you decide.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

You are looking at 1.5 hours on avg, and with all the wrecks we have now days maybe even 2+.

When i lived in Dana Shores in Tampa, Dana Shores located at the Causway and the Tampa airport, it would take me 50 mins no matter that time of day, to reach Brandon.

I love driving my Vette but i would pass on such a far drive everyday!
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
thebeepster
truth seeker

Name :
thebeepster has disabled reputation

I live in Palm Harbor (N of Safety Harbor) and officed in Tampa/Westshore for several years. Depending on what time you leave in the AM, the real problem is I275 to Malfunction Junction. Courtney Campbell is no prob. In the PM, you are going against the traffic on 275 and not too bad to downtown. The challenge is from downtown to when you exit 275 around the airport to Courtney Campbell.

IMO Safety Harbor is a neat place with a quaint downtown and centrally located. Resale on real estate has been historically good. It is convenient to most places in the Bay area EXCEPT BRANDON...which is convenient to very little. Count on 1 hr to 1 hr 15 mins on a good day.
thebeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

I live in Safety Harbor Right near downtown and bayshore, and like the Beebster I worked near the airport. I found it pretty easy to get to work, and get home.( but I haven't made that comute for several years). There is alot of construction going on so I don't know how that would affect your drive. The great thing about Safety Harbor is it's location to almost any area..beach, airport, Tampa, St Pete, Clearwater, ect....also it is a great family oriented town. I doubt if I would make that drive because of the traffic at the junction, and I-4...I guess it depends on the hours you work, and how far in Brandon..I would be glad to show you around the area if you are interested...