The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > General Corvette Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Corvette Discussions Just general "shootin' the breeze" types of discussions related to Corvettes.

Unread 06-20-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road
Default Friday afternoon ride out of town.

So I decided to take my first road trip out of town today with my 87 c-4. What fun! I popped the targa top, filled the tank and hit the road. I hit I-10w figured with a fresh royal purple high performance oil change, a few additives and a diet cokei would tach a few miles on at a high rate of fuel consumption.

Not yet used to not seeing my fiancé in the passenger seat I found myself looking in to them empty seat wishing she were there to enjoy the experience of the open road. In the blink of an eye noticed 5 hwp cars all with customers (sure fire sign to watch the Speedo) I decided to lower the old Speedo under the triple digits. Figured the fresh oil change and the Lucas oil additive needed a little help pumping threw the system.

Before I knew it I was at exit 174. (Light bulb) why not make a left and head on over to see Chris at extreme motors. So about 45min. later I picked up the old trusty cell phone and gave him a ring. You folks knowing Chris and the way he is said “Thunder come on by” so I did just that.
Let me tell ya all I could think was (wow). I don’t mean to tell tales out of school but that man is truly slicker then spit on a marble when it comes to corvettes. I walked into the shop to see Chris under what looked like a 2006 zo6 which already had 505 rwhp, doing a cam and head job.
Chris walks up and introduces himself “hi I’m Chris welcome” my reply “afternoon Chris I ‘m also Chris (aka THUNDER). He walked out and took a look at my c-4. I tell you he found a vacuum line right off that I missed. What a guy. He took my C-4 for a short ride, gave me a few tips and then the grand tour. I counted 5 corvettes, 2 camaro's, and the frame for a 77 corvette. He gave me a good look at the Z06 he was working on with the LS3. Nice machine.
I tell ya folks this man knows his stuff. We talked a bit about my fiancés 70 that’s been sitting for about 12 years then I snuck in a few questions on my 87. Then I thanked him for his time and hit the road once more. Traversing the local speed with the vacuum line now working and noticeable appeal to put the petle to the floor. I back tracked the way a came and admired the view and the waves I got from the locals. What an experience. Now I am thinking they were not waving they were trying to tell me I was getting sunburn on my forehead, no kidding it burns now lol.

Still excited to make a new friend I yet again picked up the cell and dialed my fiancé and rambled on about the experience. God I wish she could have seen the cars there both on display and in the shop. Then before I knew it I was home polishing my rims for the bi weekly church get-together. Off again I went this time with the passenger’s seat full with my sweetheart and a few dinner dishes, (darn no tire spinning) I pulled up with everyone outside. Everyone looks as they ANSA EXHOUST ROLL UP. This being the first time anyone has seen it. But that’s another story.

What’s the point behind this story? If you find yourself sitting at home with nothing to do, and have a corvette in the drive. Fire it up and head on over to see Chris at extreme.

Thanks so much Chris for taking the time to meet with me on short notice. For also taking the time to look over my ride and offer advice. Finally for the tour and the pleasure of sharing you knowledge. See you real soon with both the 87 if i dont sell it and the 70 stingray...

THUNDER
Unread 06-20-2009, 01:17 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a real fun trip. Glad you didn't become a fhp customer yourself...

Yeah, Chris is a great guy to talk to.