The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > National Corvette Museum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

National Corvette Museum Celebrating the invention of the Corvette and preserving its past, present and future.
News | Info | Events | Q&A

View Poll Results: Are you a member of the National Corvette Museum?
Yes! - I'm a Lifetime Member 12 15.79%
Yes! - I'm a Family Member 18 23.68%
Yes! - I'm an Individual Member 22 28.95%
Yes! - I support the NCM as a Lifetime Business Member 0 0%
Yes! - I support the NCM as a Business Member 2 2.63%
No - Not Yet 22 28.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #41
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the response.
Nice place they have there.
Unread 05-03-2007, 08:29 AM   #42
TR6speed

Name :
TR6speed is on a distinguished road

I am now a family member. Joined in Feb.
TR6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #43
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

4 SIX YEARS
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #44
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I started to join then this happened:

A very close friend of mine and loooong time supporter/fund raiser for the St. Judes Childrens Cancer Center, went to the NCM for a donation.

IIRC, he was looking for an ITEM (T-shirt/hat???) to auction off on an (at one time) huge crovette forum.

They turned him down flat!:mad: Gave him some song and dance...

After all these years of members of that particular forum supporting and helping them raise money, and spreading the word...they do this?

Not to mention that we (that particular forum) have bought bricks and more recently, a BENCH for a recently deceased member...all going to support the NCM.

That particular deceased member was a HUGE St. Judes supporter as well as a corvette owner and NCM supporter.

I'm willing to bet, had he known what was said/done, you'd have lost another member.

A cheap assed little T-shirt to hopefully be auctioned off to raise money to support the kids! Thats all

Sorry, bro, but with that kind of response to the "family" that supports them? I'll put my $$ elsewhere.

If/when they change thier position, then maybe I'll change mine. Until then....
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #45
00C5

Name :
00C5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I started to join then this happened: ...
First of all, thanks for at least looking into joining the NCM.

I'm sorry to hear of the unfortunate experience and I guess I can understand that you're quite upset over it. Many of us are very passionate about the charitable and non-profit organizations we choose to support. Whether the response received was a matter of policy or miscommunication is hard to tell.

What I see posted here is 3rd-hand information with vague details (and for this purpose, that's a good thing) so it's a bit difficult to comment on the issue much further.

I'm not sure what else I can offer other than to suggest that your "graphic closing" is, in my opinion, unwarranted - on this or any other forum - especially from a moderator.

At this point a hat or t-shirt likely won't neutralize the venom.
Feel free to PM me if you wish.
Thanks,
NCM Lifetime Member #592
NCM Master Ambassador 2005-2007
00C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #46
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00C5
First of all, thanks for at least looking into joining the NCM.

I'm sorry to hear of the unfortunate experience and I guess I can understand that you're quite upset over it. Many of us are very passionate about the charitable and non-profit organizations we choose to support. Whether the response received was a matter of policy or miscommunication is hard to tell.

What I see posted here is 3rd-hand information with vague details (and for this purpose, that's a good thing) so it's a bit difficult to comment on the issue much further.

I'm not sure what else I can offer other than to suggest that your "graphic closing" is, in my opinion, unwarranted - on this or any other forum - especially from a moderator.

At this point a hat or t-shirt likely won't neutralize the venom.
Feel free to PM me if you wish.
Thanks,
Moderator or not, I'm still and always will be an individual, with my own opinions and comments. I don't let titles stand in the way.

With that out of the way, lets review:

Quote:
I believe that the only material detail purposely left out, was the name of the fundraiser/supporter. If you'll go to www.corvettedforum.com and look up the administrators, you'll find the individual in question. You might want to take it up with him Although not present when this took place, I've known this administrator personally for many years and find his credibility to be beyond reproach:thumbsup:
Feel free to contact him and discuss the matter, then feel free to re-post the details here.

Quote:
...and exactly which part of the "graphic closing" would that be?

The I'll abstain from joining part? The when they change thier position part:? or maybe the tiny assed t-shirt part ?

Your opinion is so noted. It won't change my position, but it's "noted." I'm not sure how you speak for "any other forums" but apparently, you're used to more rigidly regulated sites with moderators that watch and don't contribute. Mod that maybe won't step on a toe or 2? Thats not the case here.
Please do not let my postion as a moderator, mislead you into believing that I have no opinion or am afraid to express it. Nor does it mean that I can't or won't speak out The same goes for anyone on this board. We're blessed with an enourmous level of freedom here and few restrictions.

I wan't trying to start a bashing contest with you, just stating a matter that came before me and my rationale for not joining.

While were on the subject, no one is looking to "neutralize the venom."
There's no venom there, just an opinion.

They made what I consider to be a poor decision and it's cost them a member or several (yes, there are a LOT of us from that forum who support St. Jude...not real happy about this decision and the way it was conveyed)

Feel free to pm me...
Gordon
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #47
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Moderator or not, I'm still and always will be an individual, with my own opinions and comments. I don't let titles stand in the way.

With that out of the way, lets review:

I believe that the only material detail purposely left out, was the name of the fundraiser/supporter. If you'll go to www.corvettedforum.com and look up the administrators, you'll find the individual in question. You might want to take it up with him Although not present when this took place, I've known this administrator personally for many years and find his credibility to be beyond reproach:thumbsup:
Feel free to contact him and discuss the matter, then feel free to re-post the details here.

...and exactly which part of the "graphic closing" would that be?

The I'll abstain from joining part? The when they change thier position part:? or maybe the tiny assed t-shirt part ?

Your opinion is so noted. It won't change my position, but it's "noted." I'm not sure how you speak for "any other forums" but apparently, you're used to more rigidly regulated sites with moderators that watch and don't contribute. Mod that maybe won't step on a toe or 2? Thats not the case here.
Please do not let my postion as a moderator, mislead you into believing that I have no opinion or am afraid to express it. Nor does it mean that I can't or won't speak out The same goes for anyone on this board. We're blessed with an enourmous level of freedom here and few restrictions.

I wan't trying to start a bashing contest with you, just stating a matter that came before me and my rationale for not joining.

While were on the subject, no one is looking to "neutralize the venom."
There's no venom there, just an opinion.

They made what I consider to be a poor decision and it's cost them a member or several (yes, there are a LOT of us from that forum who support St. Jude...not real happy about this decision and the way it was conveyed)

Feel free to pm me...
Gordon
Well stated my brother. I B proud of ya and I didn't know ya knew them big words either

Ken
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #48
kenc5

Name :
kenc5 has disabled reputation

Yup, I'm a lifer. Back in Chicago, I was the Ambassador for the Chicago Corvette Club. Membership is good!
Ken
kenc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #49
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default Were life members...

Traci and I completed our payment plan last fall...just before the 15th Anniv blast.

NCM Life Member # 2221
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2010, 01:27 AM   #50
JThomas

Name :
JThomas has disabled reputation

I voted as a Lifetime Member, but I'm not from Florida. Sorry.
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote