The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 02-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
wannagofast

Name :
wannagofast has disabled reputation
Default Heads Up Standing 1/2 Mile Airstrip Event April 21, 2012!!

Carrabelle Speed Festival March 24th, 2012!!

WannaGOFAST.com is proud to present our first event of 2012 at the Carrabelle-Thompson airport in Carrabelle, FL. The Carrabelle Speed Festival is well.....all about SPEED! Test your vehicle and driving skills on an open runway. We will be doing standing HALF MILE races all day long!! The best part is that we are allowing head to head competition instead of solo runs like other airstrip events. The theme will be classic grudge match style racing from a roll or a dig! Hit speeds you only dreamed about on a ¼ mile track in a fun and safe environment!

Come join us for what is sure to be an exciting day of speed and entertainment! We will have a live DJ spinning tracks all day long and food provided from the Pit Stop Grill!

Our 3 sponsors for the event are TopSpeed Motorsports of Atlanta, GA, Unique Audio of Destin, FL and TDC Performance of Mobile, AL!

TopSpeed Motorsports (http://www.topspeedtuned.com) is one of the premier tuning and performance shops in the nation! Their Nissan GT-R just recently won the One Lap of America this past May! They are now officially the 2010 and 2011 back to back One Lap of America Champions! They will be bringing a couple of their vehicles cars to take down the runway. One of them being their 2010 One Lap of America winning Porsche 911 GT2 race car!!

Unique Audio of Destin (http://www.uniquedestin.com) is a one of a kind customization center for your car or truck! They specialize in audio, security, window tinting and custom wheels and tires. If you can dream it they can create it for you!

TDC Performance (http://www.tdcperformance.net) is the only auto performance enhancement center in Mobile, AL. They specialize in dyno tuning and have EFI Certified Tuners to take care of all your specialized tuning needs. TDC's main focus is building drag cars for a wide variety of vehicle manufacturers to include Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Honda. They will also be bringing a couple of their shop cars to take down the runway!!

*Check out our website (http://www.wannagofast.com) to register. Be sure to read all of the forms and have your tech sheet filled out prior to entering the gate!

*Driver's you must register online by March 19th, 2012 at our website http://www.wannagofast.com

*For places to stay in the area click the link that says things to do and places to stay in Carrabelle (or visit www.carrabelle.org). If you need a hotel it is recommended that you book it now to make sure there’s availability!

*If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call or email us.

Email: info@wannagofast.com

Take care and I hope to see all of you at the event!

Video from our July 30th, 2011 event!!

wannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation

Thanks for the info.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
wannagofast

Name :

Our list of registrants is growing everyday!!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4&type=3&saved
Unread 03-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
wannagofast

Name :

Event has been postponed to April 21st, 2012 due to RAIN!! See everyone in 30 days!!
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagofast View Post
Event has been postponed to April 21st, 2012 due to RAIN!! See everyone in 30 days!!
I've been watching the radar and I'm not sure we're even going to get anything from that front moving through. Seems to have broken apart. The local Corvette club has a show at Champion Chevrolet on Saturday as well, so if the rain holds off, I'll likely be going there.
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
wannagofast

Name :

Wish we could predict the future.........this morning and still now all forecasts say 60% chance of rain. Couldn't take that chance!
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagofast View Post
Wish we could predict the future.........this morning and still now all forecasts say 60% chance of rain. Couldn't take that chance!
Yeah, I hear that! The weather forecasts have been pretty much useless beyond 4 hours into the future lately. I'm going to get up tomorrow morning, take a look at the weather radar, and either get ready to go to the show or go back to bed, depending on what I see on the screen. But you certainly can't play it that loose with all the people counting on a nice day at your event. Hopefully April will be better. Probably way too soon for me to even think about taking the C5Z out there even if it gets done in time. I'm just not going to be able to trust it to not kaboom on me for a while.
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Rich Z

Connie and I drove through Carrabelle today, so we decided to find the airport there in case we decide to run out to this event. It's actually southwest of the town, on the other side of the bridge, but not at all hard to find.

Hopefully the weather forecast will be better for next Saturday.
Unread 04-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #9
Rich Z

Man, you guys just can't seem to catch a break. Weather forecast is calling for a 40 percent chance of rain on Saturday. The wife and I were planning on running out there as spectators.

Are you going to run with it, or reschedule?
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
Rich Z

Aargh... Now the national weather service has a severe thunderstorm watch out for Saturday. Rats. I was planning on getting some video of those cars running flat out.