The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #21
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road
Default yeee doggyyy

We are "VERY EXCITED" about this build...I know Rich will be one HAPPY man when it is done !! I cant wait to see his face the 1st time he drives it

Rich will be there as much as possible to get plenty of video and pics so I am sure you will all be kept up to date.

We are grateful and honored we were chosen to head this up and while we dont have a "big" following on this site we will certainly make sure we continue to prove ourselves

Last edited by MRS. XTREME; 08-11-2009 at 09:09 PM.
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #22
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I'm trying to think of additional upgrades and bling to add while the car will be opened up on the operating table. I should have put in an insulated and stiffer tunnel plate when I had the headers installed, but I didn't know a thing about them at the time. So they are on my list.

Can anyone else think of anything I should consider?

Since I'm not buying that new C6 Z06 3LZ that I planned on with my gun sale money, I've got some extra $$ in my pocket to play with for this project. I know I'm going to need some new wheels, since one of those chrome plated ones I got from House Of Wheels a while back has the chrome flaking off at the tire bead and is slowly leaking air. I like the looks of chrome, but I think I will go with polished next time. They can be a pain to polish up, but at least the finish won't flake off and cause me to have to replace the darn things. Plus it appears that many of the chrome wheels only have the outside lip chromed, and everything else is just a flat gray looking finish. Just doesn't look very good to me that way.

When I get retired, I will have some time on my hands and will try my hand at wet sanding. I'll probably ruin the finish, so then it will be time for a new paint job. But maybe I can learn something that will come in handy later on just by trying it. But I do want to do something about the scratches and rock chips sometime.... Heck, we've taken that car to quite a few Corvette shows and have an unbroken streak of not winning any trophies or awards. Even at a small show with 50 cars and they gave out trophies to 45 of them, we STILL came away without a trophy... I dunno, maybe I'll leave it as it is, even with the rat chewed hood liner so I can keep the unbroken record I am amassing, well, unbroken....
Unread 08-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #23
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

All the extra power why not some big brakes and deep dish wheels?

Maybe projector style headlights, unless you like the flip-up style.
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #24
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, not sure I need big brakes. Not intending to do any playing at the track where I need to worry about slowing down from 150 mph+ a lot. Or if I do it would be a onetime shot just to see what it is like. But they would look better, at least in the rear. I've always thought those small brake rotors just look out of place in those wheels.

Yeah, I've seen some really deep wheels I really like. Been kind of holding off till my current rubber wore out before taking a closer look at the options. Not sure how big of a wheel/tire combo I can fit on the C5Z, though. I would want to go the max without any fitment issues.

As for the headlights, I've looked at the projector style, but the ones I saw just didn't fit like I thought they should. All sides weren't flush, and they just didn't seem to fit the part on a vette. Besides, I don't drive much at night any longer, it seems. But that could change once I rid myself of my business and have more free time.

I do like the looks of the tigershark front end for the C5 and think it would actually be better for airflow into my turbos' intercooler. They aren't that expensive, and maybe if I wind up getting the car painted anyway, that would be the time to think of it. Not sure Connie likes the looks, though. She doesn't like too many of the changes I do to the car until she sees the results. afterwards. Her philosophy is kind of "well you really liked the way the car looked when you bought it, so WHY change that?" There is something to that, I suppose.

Thanks for the thoughts....
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #25
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Chris said something about brakes too awhile back

He said your def gonna need better brakes eventually to stop all the HP your gonna have.

Not saying you will or wont test it but when you do test it , your def gonna want that car to STOP QUICK LIKE !!

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY !
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #26
Lou G

Name :
Lou G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z;94913[*
So why am I doing this? Heck, just because I WANT to!
Music to my ears Rich. I am very excited for you. There are a few things I want to do to my Vette, as money and time allows, and am keyed-up just planning it. You are getting it done and it must be a blast with the anticipation.
Please keep us informed.
Lou
Lou G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #27
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

check these guys out for your clutch --------------> http://www.powertraintech.com/Files/...0Clutches.html

MOI is even more critical with the large increase in HP.

You may want to consider beefing up the transmission while its out.

Make sure the air gap is set on the clutch installation. Many shops skip this important step because it is a time consuming extra process.

Throw in a remote speed bleeder for the slave. You may need an adjustable master cylinder as well.

Projected CR Ratio?

You will want to know what your breakaway and rotating TQ is and what the gap will be on the rings.

You will love the tunnel plate. Get the thickest ceramic coated one available. The thing gives you three benefits, reduced heat, reduced noise and better handling. I would never part with mine.

I beleive FAST now has an intake for the LS7??? I could be wrong.

Wish you the best on the project.
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #28
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

LS7 Intake-330cfm
L76 Intake-300cfm
Fast 90 Intake-300cfm

Taken from a post on ls1tech, by Richard at West Coast Cylinder Heads. Said none of those intakes were ported, straight out of the box numbers.
Unread 08-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #29
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow View Post
check these guys out for your clutch --------------> http://www.powertraintech.com/Files/...0Clutches.html

MOI is even more critical with the large increase in HP.

You may want to consider beefing up the transmission while its out.

Make sure the air gap is set on the clutch installation. Many shops skip this important step because it is a time consuming extra process.

Throw in a remote speed bleeder for the slave. You may need an adjustable master cylinder as well.

Projected CR Ratio?

You will want to know what your breakaway and rotating TQ is and what the gap will be on the rings.

You will love the tunnel plate. Get the thickest ceramic coated one available. The thing gives you three benefits, reduced heat, reduced noise and better handling. I would never part with mine.

I beleive FAST now has an intake for the LS7??? I could be wrong.

Wish you the best on the project.

Xtreme is MORE than capable on this build and any advice from an idiot hack like you is an insult to them.

On the brakes, I totally agree. More HP = the need for better stopping power.
Unread 08-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #30
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Thanks Rev! Dang it feels nice to have someone have our back every now and then..

We are DEF not most shops and we def dont "skip" steps when it comes to ANYTHING we do !!

Rich has had work done by us before, nothing this major before but still work

and I am sure if he thought we would shortcut anything he wouldnt have

even considered us.

I dont want to start a big uproar or argument I am just hoping you didnt

mean what you said to come out as it was read cause

that wasnt nice.