The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 01-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

My guess would be that if all four of them failed on you, then the manufacture of the sensors is sub-par. One could just be a random failure that can happen with anything. Two could be a coincidence. Three could be just REALLY bad luck. But all four? They probably weren't designed for the speeds a Corvette can attain, but apparently were sold that way.

Refund time and get a different manufacture.

I know the same thoughts have to be going through your mind, Ken.
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #22
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Yes they are Rich. I was just wondering if I had failed to think of some other glitch that could cause all that poo before I fuss with the dealer.
Unread 01-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #23
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Ken,

Just as a point of reference, as I mentioned before, I put the OEM sensors on my Z06 and have had them above 130 MPH at Pocono, Summit Point, and Road Atlanta. If you can get a refund on the ones you purchased, I would contact gmpartshouse.com. That's where I bought my sensors for the Z06 and the replacements for my '01 vert when the originals went bad. If you go this route, when you order the sensors, make sure you also order the retaining nuts. If I remember correctly, the total cost for the 4 sensors was around $140.

I hope this helps!

Rich

2014 Z51 7 Speed Convertible
Laguna Blue/Grey/Grey
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #24
Kap142

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
Ken,

Just as a point of reference, as I mentioned before, I put the OEM sensors on my Z06 and have had them above 130 MPH at Pocono, Summit Point, and Road Atlanta. If you can get a refund on the ones you purchased, I would contact gmpartshouse.com. That's where I bought my sensors for the Z06 and the replacements for my '01 vert when the originals went bad. If you go this route, when you order the sensors, make sure you also order the retaining nuts. If I remember correctly, the total cost for the 4 sensors was around $140.

I hope this helps!

Rich
It does help Rich. My plan is to ask for a refund and go with GM sensors. I will order the required retaining nuts too.

Thanks guys.
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
Kap142

Name :

Final update on the sensor issue. The Company I purchased them from (Driven Products out of Kent Washington) treated me very well. All four sensors (mfg. by Orange Electronics out of some friggin place in China) were still under guarantee and they offered to replace all if I had them diagnosed as DRT (dead right there).

Goodyear using two different tech tools and then a reverse scan said all four were shot (now how odd is that?) .

Driven Products sent me four of a different mfg which I had installed. All mounted as intended and responded to training correctly. At this point all are working perfectly. Well see how they do the next time I hit 120+

Driven said they will check the Orange mfg. ones when received and issue a refund on each.

Two lessons learned. One, if it's made by Orange Electronics out of BFE it wont last and you can scare it to death and two, Driven Products are good folks.

Of final note the cost of replacement (removing the old ones and installing and balancing the wheels with the new sensors) sucks but compared to what RichZ has had to spend on his Z it was just a bump in the road.

BTW ALL sensors are made "over there".

Oops forgot to say they the Plasti Dip I just peeled off, very easily, so the spin balancing to over the 300 MPH I'll be doing will still be right

Last edited by Kap142; 02-03-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added info
Kap142 is offline   Reply With Quote