The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 02-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #61
Benjamin

Name : BENJAMIN LONG SR.
Benjamin is on a distinguished road

I have no first hand experience with people in the Tallahassee area.

The 2 people I deal with up here either ONLY do insurance work, or do paint jobs that are a get what you pay for, but it is a better job than Spray Glow or Macco. They are not a showroom shine, slick as glass, ZERO imperfection paint job, and the price heavily reflects that.

There are a couple of places that do good work in Thomasville, Dunham Body Shop and Pro Paint and Body. IF I were to recommend someone to a reputable shop that will do a complete car paint job those would be top of the list.
Unread 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #62
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

Speaking of which, who around this area does good work in this department?
Rich, I know of a guy that can do that for you. He was working at
Tallahassee Ford's body shop last year, not sure if he's still there. I don't know if he does work on the side, he's got so many of his own projects that keep him busy too. He's got three Corvettes himself. A C3, a C4, and a C5 Z06, plus a 57 Chevy, AMX, Impala SS, and several other cars. Call the shop number, 576-6100, and ask for Jerry Furnish. If he's not there they can probably tell you where he works now. He has his own spray booth at home but he may want to do it through the body shop. He's not hurting for money or work, but I've seen some of his cars. They look great. He did a front and rear spoiler mod to his C4 that looks really good. I don't see him much since I moved but I hear about him in circles. I bought some carpet from him for my C4 when I was restoring it.
If he's not interested in doing it let me know. I can get in touch with another guy that worked with Jerry years ago that does bumpers and paint matching work also.
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #63
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

OK, thanks. I'm not quite ready for the paint job yet, but I want to see what sort of options I have available when that time comes.
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #64
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Nice score on finding a Tiger Shark bumper cover!
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote