The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Events and Happenings

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Events and Happenings Shows | Cruises | Parties | Swap Meets

Unread 12-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation
Default Space shuttle launch on Saturday

Managers to Discuss Atlantis Launch Today
Image above: Space shuttle Atlantis stands on Launch Pad 39A at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Photo credit: NASA/George Shelton
› View High-res

Dec. 7 - 2:15 a.m. EST
The launch of NASA's space shuttle Atlantis will take place no earlier than Saturday, Dec. 8, at 3:43 p.m. EST. Thursday's scheduled liftoff from NASA's Kennedy Space Center, Fla., was postponed because of a problem with a fuel cutoff sensor system inside the shuttle's external fuel tank.
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road

Looks like it's now scheduled for sunday. Anyone have any recommendations for a place to view the launch? My wife and I will be in orlando sunday and figured we'd make the trip over to KSC.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

Well, they found another fault before launch. I think they said it will be January before they try again.

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Well, they found another fault before launch. I think they said it will be January before they try again.
That is what I heard today.

Since it is going to be awhile untill the next launch, maybe we could get a few of us together and head over to watch LIFTOFF.
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

Not a bad idea, BUT, who's to say it will go off when they say it will once we get over there?

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #6
shakedown067
Sinister C4

yeah, we saw the mission was scrapped before we left yesterday morning. That sure sucked. I'd certainly be down for a nice caravan or meeting up to watch the launch...or expected launch. Just has to be a weekend for me to make it.
Unread 12-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

That would be cool to see lift off together. Hopefully we can see a night lift off. Now that would be so awesome! Maybe Nasajack can help us arrange this.
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 05:26 AM   #8
vettejack

Name : Jack Legere
vettejack is on a distinguished road
Default Well guys and gals...

I'm a little late coming into this 'conversation', so by now everyone should know that the launch of Atlantis won't happen until at least January 2nd, 2008 at the earliest.

As far as a good place for viewing, well, I always have the best seat in the house, , but for you mere mortals out there, trying to find a good place to view along the shoreline here is at best described as a dept store opening its doors on Black Friday...you run, or drive in this case, to secure the best spot you can.

I always tell people who wish to view, that along the shoreline in Titusville proper (Route 1) is the best location and it keeps you close to the highways (normally a drive to work for me is 20 minutes, but after a day time launch, that changes to an hour and a half for the same distance). I'm sure most of you dont want those pretty Vettes moving along at a snail's pace with chances of overheating. So, the following would/could be an alternative...

Those 'major' highways that get you in, and out, of town is SR 528 and I-95. And from I-95, the shoreline in Titusville is just 3.5 miles east. Once in town, I could ask Ron Wood of Corvette Interiors (Route 50/Cheny Highway) if you could use his parking lot...then take a short walk, maybe a quarter mile, to the shoreline, with your chairs and other assorted goodies.

And even if the launch is scrubed any other time, wasn't it always the excuse to drive the car in the first place, and the real reason?? And besides, you're a bit closer to the escapes routes than most of the other 100,000 to 200,000 people who come to watch a launch!

Last edited by vettejack; 12-13-2007 at 05:37 AM. Reason: U know....grammmer and speelong crap...lol
vettejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 06:41 AM   #9
"Backyard Mechanic"

Name :
"Backyard Mechanic" has disabled reputation

Now that would be
Thanks for the info
"Backyard Mechanic" is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
shakedown067
Sinister C4

That's some great info. Also if it gets scrubbed and it's not too late, we could all cruise over to Ecklers in titusville for a good Corvette spending spree!!!!!!!