• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Batteries are Catching Up with Technology

Yeah, great. Batteries would leak and we would catch the virus. Symptoms would be illuminated eyeballs and sparks from the nostrils when we sneeze.... :lmao:

Seriously, did you all catch this?

Bill Dubé, a member of the KillaCycle electric motorcycle drag-racing team, used A123 batteries to create an electric motorcycle that goes from zero to 60 in 1.4 seconds.

What kind of G force would that kind of acceleration entail? :eek:

Yes, I saw that. Impressive.
I can see us all driving our Battery Powered Corvettes in 2025 :eek:

Sorry Honey, we can't go to dinner tonight, the car has a cold. :lmao:

Well, until the big oil companies lose their clout in Congress, you can forget about seeing battery powered cars take over. If they don't get a slice of the action somehow (which means we will STILL be paying through the nose for "fuel"), then it just won't happen.

But, I do know one thing, investing in companies that manufacture electrical extension cords would probably be a real good idea if this catches on. I can see it now... every weekend, people driving their battery powered cars on trips will stop for the night at some motel, and have to run that 200 foot long extension cord out the window of their motel room to charge up the car in the parking lot over night....... So the motels will all look like they have been invaded by giant spiders from Mars or something with all those power cords hanging out of every window........ :lmao:

You know, you would think that with a combination of solar cells and some sort of wind driven turbines, the cars could mostly recharge themselves while driving. :shrug01:

I can see it now...

Rich Z said:
every weekend, people driving their battery powered cars on trips will stop for the night at some motel, and have to run that 200 foot long extension cord out the window of their motel room to charge up the car in the parking lot over night....... :lmao:QUOTE]

Yup, then by morning when everyone at the motel wakes to find themselves stranded, because the local teen pranksters, who have no curfew due to "their rights being viloated", went around unplugging or cutting your power cords so that your car doesn't get charged.:hehehe:

~Ray

ynkedad said:
Yup, then by morning when everyone at the motel wakes to find themselves stranded, because the local teen pranksters, who have no curfew due to "their rights being viloated", went around unplugging or cutting your power cords so that your car doesn't get charged.:hehehe:

~Ray

And the judge sentences them to the Electric chair and you beg to let your car take their place because you need to get to work.... :lmao:

Back