The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 12-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
presidential_detail
CQuartz FINEST Installer

Name :
presidential_detail has disabled reputation
Default 2014 Stingray - CQuartz Finest - Presidential Automotive Detailing - FL

Hey guys, Im new here but not to the detailing profession. I hope you dont mind me posting, I told the owner I would post them for him. After hearing about the amazing results some of the other Corvette owners were having with Cquartz Finest Ceramic Coating, he decided to book a detail with me. THANKS GUYS! Of course being brand new, the car already looked great when I showed up, but I knew we could still find that extra 1% to make his car look absolutely stunning. On top of that, the Cquartz Finest application will keep it looking this way for years to come. The day after the detail was complete, the owner sent this over to me via email..

"Good afternoon Billy, Well the weather cleared enough that I finally felt comfortable enough to open the garage door. The car looks absolutely beautiful. John from across the street saw me out and had to come check it out. He drooled over it for about 30 minutes. From a safe distance of course. Sadly not sunny enough to pull out and take pictures but I guarantee as soon as it brightens up pictures will be sent. As of right now you have one very happy customer. I also ordered a few supplies today to keep her clean. Once I get some pictures I will post them to the forum and if ok with you I will let others know who performed the magic. Thanks again and have a great holiday season.
-Bill"

I started by decontaminating the wheels with Iron-X to remove any brake dust or other contaminants that may be stuck to the surface, that a normal wash would not remove.

Two thick coats of Cquartz Finest were then applied to the faces of the wheels to help keep them clean for longer periods of time, and makes for easier cleaning.

Pre-Detail Inspection

After washing the car and using clay to decontaminate the paint surface, I began inspecting the true paint condition. Overall, it was in pretty good shape with some Isolated Deep Scratches throughout and some minor hazing from a machine polisher at the dealer.

A closer look.

If you look closely, you notice small dots gathered around where the light is reflecting on the surface of the paint. They ended up being small etching from hard water resting on the car at some point in its short life.

You can see them even better in this photo, along with a deeper scratch.

Fortunately, I was able to achieve a 100% defect removal after trying several different pad/polish combinations.

Great care is always taken to protect rubber trim and sharp edges, this car has a lot of them!

Here you can see some more of the deeper scratches found in the side panels.

Once again, the car corrected very well, achieving a 100% defect removal.

Awesome capture showing the hood completely defect free and extremely deep gloss!
Unread 12-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
presidential_detail
CQuartz FINEST Installer

Name :

This is when the owner started getting excited, already a noticeable difference in gloss and depth, and we havent even applied Cquartz Finest yet!

I pulled the car outside for a final wash to remove any remaining dust from polishing, couldnt help but stare at all the angles and curves on this car!

Cquartz Finest Ceramic Paint Coating

After completely drying the car, the paint was wiped down multiple times to ensure there were no oils left over on the paint surface from polishing. This allows for the best bond between the paint and Cquartz Finest during installation. We also applied CarPro Forte Extreme Glass Coating on the front windshield, which will make you forget you even need to use wipers in the rain!

Unfortunately, I didnt finish until it was dark, so I wasnt able to get the final photos I had hoped for, but you can get an idea of how clear the finish is on the car. The owner will be sending me some photos once the weather clears up a bit and lets the sun shine through to show the true finish!

Unread 12-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
presidential_detail
CQuartz FINEST Installer

Name :

Tags
cqfinest, cquartz, finest, presidential detailing, tampa detailing