The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Chris Harwood dba XtremeMotorsports, SportscarTech.com, and Arrive-n-Drive.com

There are several ongoing threads that will likely develop into discussions that will need to come to this forum, so I am setting this up as a place marker.

Those threads I am referring to are the following:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=44697
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=49634
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=44279

Just for reference sake, there are other threads in this forum concerning Chris Harwood as well. They are:

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=39312
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=46247
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=39556
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...ad.php?t=10648
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Rich Z

Here is a page I found about Chris Harwood that describes some of his self professed history. It is posted here for review, comment, and in case anyone is interested in researching Chris Harwood.

Quote:
Christopher A. Harwood, better known as Chris was born in Thomasville, Georgia on March 2nd 1978. His family has resided there since 1948 where they owned and operated a very successful automotive business and where Chris? passion for cars and racing began.

Chris comes from a family of racecar drivers/fabricators/engine builders. His grandpa began racing in the 50?s in what is now called the “Nascar nationwide series” as a driver and owner of a „55 Chevy which proudly displayed #22 on it. His grandfather has numerous feature wins as both a driver and an owner throughout his racing career. His career spanned over a decade which is when he decided to retire from racing and concentrate on his expanding family.

Chris? uncle took over the reins in the early 80?s and began racing on the local dirt track circuit which is where Chris began his experience with cars and racing at the age of five.
Chris spent the next ten years working in the family shop working on the race car with his family and spent many weekends at the race track. The family has numerous wins and won the track championship in the late model division in 1991.

In 1995 Chris? uncle retired as a driver and at the age of 15 Chris began his driving career. He began running in the local sportsman series where he had a top five run in his very first race and won rookie of the year that same year.

Chris had a limited schedule for the next three years due to school obligations. He continued to work on and set up other racers cars to race on the weekends. In 1997 one of the cars that Chris did all the chassis set up on won the track championship in the open wheel modified division.
In 1998 after graduating high school, Chris traveled with the “White racing team” racing in the “IMCA” as their crew chief, where they won another track championship at the Dead Lake Speedway. This is where he met a man named John Arnold who gave him his first break driving his dirt late model, where he finished 3rd in a field of 25 cars in the North Florida state championship race. Chris raced for John for two years consecutively and enjoyed lots of success with John Arnold motorsports.

December 1999 John Arnold introduced Chris to a professional corvette team owner. This is where the passion for Corvettes and road racing began in his life. He began an internship with the race team working at the shop and traveling the country racing in the SCCA T1 division.
division championship in T1 with Chris as crew chief. During the internship with the race team Chris learned the ends and out of road racing from driving to car set ups and the politics of SCCA racing.

Chris went on the build # 5 of 20 C5R factory Corvette kit cars which is proudly displayed in Chris? shop. The team continued to race in other divisions with the Corvette such as SARRC, SCCA, NASA and GRAND AM.

With the support of his family Chris and his wife started “Xtreme Motorsports” in 2005. The business became successful with numerous customers going for superchargers, heads and cam, nitrous kits, suspension upgrades, brake upgrades, interior upgrades, wheels and tire upgrade and dyno tunes just to name a few. In 2010 Chris decided he wanted to get back into the fabrication of race cars and get back on the track so “Xtreme Motorsports” became “Sports Car Technologies.”

==========================
16119 St. Rd. 71 S.
Blountstown Fl. 32424

Phone 850-907-9100
Fax 850-893-2345
Cell 850-559-9604

E-Mail chris@sportscartech.com

==========================
4973 Capital Circle S.E.
Tallahassee Fl. 32311

Phone 850-907-9100
Fax 850-893-2345

E -Mail chris@sportscartech.com
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

thanks rich.
Unread 09-21-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Rich Z

Domain registration info for http://www.arrive-n-drive.com:
Quote:

Registrant:
Sports Car Technologies

7306 Hollis St.
Tallahassee, Florida 32312
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ARRIVE-N-DRIVE.COM
Created on: 20-Aug-10
Expires on: 20-Aug-11
Last Updated on: 20-Aug-10

Administrative Contact:
Harwood, Chris chris@sportscartech.com
Sports Car Technologies
7306 Hollis St.
United States
(850) 907-9100 Fax -- (850) 893-2345

Technical Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
7306 Hollis St.
United States
(850) 907-9100 Fax -- (850) 893-2345

Domain servers in listed order:
NS31.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS32.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
===================================
Domain registration info for http://www.Sportscartech.com:
Quote:

Registrant:
Sports Car Technologies

16119 Hwy 71 S.
Blountstown, Florida 32424
United States

Domain Name: SPORTSCARTECH.COM
Created on: 04-Feb-09
Expires on: 04-Feb-11
Last Updated on: 25-Jul-10

Administrative Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States
+1.8509079100 Fax -- +1.8508932345

Technical Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States

NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
==============================
Domain registration info for http://motorsportsxtreme.com:
Quote:
Registrant:
Sports Car Technologies

16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States

Domain Name: MOTORSPORTSXTREME.COM
Created on: 06-Oct-06
Expires on: 06-Oct-11
Last Updated on: 25-Jul-10

Administrative Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States

Technical Contact:
Sports Car Technologies
16119 Hwy 71 S.
United States

NS17.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS18.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road

I don't know the ends and out of what is going on but have a pretty good guess that it could become heated at times. With that in mind be careful not to put anything in print that could be used against you in a court if one becomes involved.
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteJohn View Post
I don't know the ends and out of what is going on but have a pretty good guess that it could become heated at times. With that in mind be careful not to put anything in print that could be used against you in a court if one becomes involved.
True. Only the facts need to be stated and everyone reading them can make up their own mind about what has transpired. Opinions, when stated, should be prefaced with the statement that they ARE opinions, and not unsupportable facts.
Unread 09-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

I think the bio was written by Keli, there are major glaring gaps in the bio. I wish I could remember the guy in Atlanta's last name that he used to work with, his first name was Reese (sp). I don't know exactly what happened but there was a falling out. Maybe someone here will know who he is.

The other part which I find funny is that it says he started it with his wife in 2005 rather then, he started the business in 2005, screwed numerous people over then got married in Dec of 2009.

Ok so that was a low blow but still. It is a lie that they were married in 2005.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
THUNDER
Rideing in style

Name : Chris Plato
THUNDER is on a distinguished road

Has anyone informed the owner of thered c-4. Or atleast herd from him on my way to shop now ro get my trany. Dtive shaft and arigunal block. And what ever else i can fit in a crv
Unread 09-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDER View Post
Has anyone informed the owner of thered c-4. Or atleast herd from him on my way to shop now ro get my trany. Dtive shaft and arigunal block. And what ever else i can fit in a crv
The red C4 belongs to Robert. He was out at the shop today and is preparing it to be moved out of the shop. Had quite a crowd out there. Talked at length with John Arnold about the situation. The locks have been changed on the building, and Chris Harwood doesn't have a key. So anyone needing to gain access to the building for any reason will need to contact Mr. Arnold about that.

Mike removed his car today by pushing it into a covered trailer. I think he also got most of his parts, but apparently not everything.

I got a receipt emailed from Chris that is supposed to be a copy of the invoice for the transmission and differential that he put into my car. Has anyone ever heard about, or from, this place or individual?

DRM Motorsports
David Munder
404-932-6355
drm440@gmail.com

The phone number indicates the Atlanta area.

I found my STS turbo manual at the shop, but it looks like it sat in a pool of oil. All the pages are oil soaked.
Unread 09-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
I think the bio was written by Keli, there are major glaring gaps in the bio. I wish I could remember the guy in Atlanta's last name that he used to work with, his first name was Reese (sp). I don't know exactly what happened but there was a falling out. Maybe someone here will know who he is.

The other part which I find funny is that it says he started it with his wife in 2005 rather then, he started the business in 2005, screwed numerous people over then got married in Dec of 2009.

Ok so that was a low blow but still. It is a lie that they were married in 2005.

To clarify who Reece is, here is a conversation between me and Stephen from MTI in Atlanta. Below is me fact
checking statements with MTI in Atlanta a long time ago, I took what Chris had posted on his site and showed it to them so they could verify if what he had listed was true or not.

Everything in caps is from Stephen at MTI commenting on the things Chris said in Quotes, with the
last thing in quotes being something I asked because i thought Chris
mentioned he tuned there, but I wasn't sure, but at least now you know he didn't.

"joined MTI Racing in Atlanta where I worked in the shop." - TRUE

"became the crew chief on the 2001 C5R driven by the owner of MTI,in
2004 I was chosen to head up the build of one of the 20 C5R covette
kit cars" - DON'T THINK SO.

"was hired on to personally build and oversee the C5R" - NO. ALL
DIRECTION AND SUPERVISION WAS DIRECTED BY REESE COX, OWNER, RACER AND BUILDER OF MTI RACING.

'clarify if he did any actual tuning" - ALL TUNING IS DONE BY REESE COX.

Now it's possible that he could be talking about a completely different C5R (maybe it's John Arnolds), but I'm curious as to why MTI has been left out of biography that Rich posted above. He used to have them in pretty much the same bio, but now doesn't.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote