• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Browser issues

MADN3SS

Rich,

Sometimes I use Internet Explorer and sometimes I use Mozilla Firefox. Your site works better with Firefox I've noticed. Whenever I get emails from the site and I click a link, it takes forever to load on IE. :mah: So much so, that I copy the link, open Firefox, paste the link and it loads before the other one does. Any idea why? I use Outlook Express for email. Any idea if there is a way to change the settings in OE to use Firefox as the default? Or is that asking too much because OE and IE are Microsoft?

Scott

Well Microsoft kind of owns the world. I've used both IE and Firefox and for some reason I just didn't like the way Firefox constructs the page when downloading the file from the server. And honestly programming specifically for Firefox would be kind of a blunder since (last time I checked) 80 percent of the internet audience uses IE.

That being said, it is common knowledge that IE is weak in it's spec interpretation of internet protocols. But so far, I have not seen any effort from Microsoft to correct these issues. As far as getting Outlook Express to use Firefox as the default web browser, I would be real surprises to see that happen. You would probably be better off finding a third party mail reader that had the ability to change browser defaults within the program. Seems to me a tried several mail readers when I was considering converting from Netscape to IE, but I don't know if they still exist. It's pretty darn tough for a company to compete against someone giving away a product. :rolleyes:

Back