• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Video upload?

IVOZ06

CRAZYME
I tried to upload a video. I got the window that said everything was fine but no video?

It was a MOV file of my car idling.

Hmm, no idea. The upload should allow MOV files, but I haven't tried that format. Can you email it to me and let me try for you?

Rich Z said:
Hmm, no idea. The upload should allow MOV files, but I haven't tried that format. Can you email it to me and let me try for you?

What's your email? I tried to send it to you but I got this:

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help."

Ivo
IVOZ06@tampabay.rr.com

IVOZ06 said:
What's your email? I tried to send it to you but I got this:

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help."

Ivo
IVOZ06@tampabay.rr.com

Eh? Oh.... I checked my profile and for some reason that little checkbox wasn't checked. Sorry...

But anyway you did find my email address.

I tried that video as well and got the same results you did. None. So I tried to load it into my video editing software to look at it and it choked up on it. Said it was invalid or something. Does it work in whatever software package you have? I'm using the Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum edition.

Sorry I couldn't get it to work...

Rich, I was having trouble loading an avi file recently. I also haven't figured out how to make the file smaller. It's about 12mb. I don't remember if there was a limit or not.

Scott

Hmm, if you notice, the video isn't really doing anything at all. It's a static image with only streaming audio. I've been using .WMV files with the best results so far. It's also possible to embed such files right in a post on the forums here without putting them into the Photo Gallery. One of the tricks I learned somewhere along the line.....

Back