• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Slow

C5Rick

I must be the only one to experience these problems. For the last 4 days the site has been slow coming up and today has been the worse. It just took me 2 minutes to access the site. Yesterday I had a hell of a time trying to post. Today I keep getting this page can not be displayed. Sorry, I seem to be the only one with these issues.

C5Rick said:
I must be the only one to experience these problems. For the last 4 days the site has been slow coming up and today has been the worse. It just took me 2 minutes to access the site. Yesterday I had a hell of a time trying to post. Today I keep getting this page can not be displayed. Sorry, I seem to be the only one with these issues.
Rick and Qman, I've got the same problem, but I've been thinking it was me. I use a wireless "air-card" from Cingular (whoops, excuse me......AT&T) for internet access and thought that it had something to do with that. It takes awhile to access the site, and then when I click on "new posts" it seems to go into REALLY-SLO mode. So......I just open a couple of Internet Explorer windows and do other things while the Corvette Florida page takes it's sweet time loading. I bounce back and forth between windows and take care of the Corvette Florida business whenever the screen comes up. Evidently, I'm not the only one with the problem.
Andy :wavey:

Well, surprisingly enough, the site has been fairly quick for me today. Been away all weekend, so I don't have any input on Saturday and Sunday.

Please continue to let me know about the issues. I'm thinking seriously that I need to move on with these servers and go to another data center. This one I am with now just doesn't seem to be working out very well. :banghead:

Rich, Although the site comes up OK, I did notice that while trying to reply to a post the upload was really slow.

Joe B.

Same here Rich. Sometimes the page won't load, other times it just loads slow.

A lot of times I have to go back and then come back to the page to get it to load:(

Yeah, I think I have given the server guys every opportunity to fix the problems, and it's just not going to get any better. So I'm looking around again for a new server host to go to. So that is going to mean some down time and the normal head bang quality problems that always show up after a server move.

You all ARE going to come visit me in the booby hatch, now aren't you? :crazy9:

Slow here too.. Although, it's going pretty well today!:thumbsup:
Did someone mention BOOBY PATCH?!!!:crazy03: ..:D

The only slowness I have been getting, When I post a reply It takes a while or double posts, But that has only happed 3 times, and my ISP has been acting up

I don't know what happened today (Tuesday) but things have been down right blisteringly fast on this site. I certainly didn't do anything, so I hope whatever changed is something PERMANENT.....

Well, THAT didn't last long..... Page displays today are relatively quick, but replies to threads are positively sluggish. Sometimes taking 30 to 60 seconds after clicking the Submit Reply button before the update is accepted and the page redisplayed.

I need a real good SCREAM................ :mah: :mah:

Hey Rich Z, I'll scream for you-AHHHHHHHHHHHHWTFAHHHHHHHHHHHWTFAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWTF. Feel better now.
Yeah, the upload speed is way slow.

I just rebooted the server. Running out of options.... :banghead:

Get ready for another server move, then. I've about used up all my patience with this current server host. I don't see any other options...

Back