• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Soon to be a newbie!

Hi All:
Later this week I will be fulfilling a long term ambition when I get my 2006 'vette. I'm a Brit who spends as much time as I can here but I'm restricted to 180 days in any 12 months as I'm an ALIEN!:hehehe:

Love to get in touch with any local clubs around the Lakewood Ranch, Bradenton, Sarasota area.

Regards to all,
Flash.

Attachments

• DSC_5533.jpg
    DSC_5533.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 68
:welcome: Welcome to the forum. Every 2nd and 4th satuday of the month, theres always a small group of local fellow vette owners who meet at Joey D's on 41 and cortez on the second saturdays, and hooters on 41 and cant think of the light north of 53rd lol.

If your available next saturday, some of us are meeting up and going for a cruise to a dyno day held at antivenom i believe then heading over to the car show at joey d's.

Maybe Ill see ya around the bradenton area, if you see a stealth black c6, thats very loud, more then likely me lol. :rofl1:

:welcome: Welcome to the forum. Every 2nd and 4th satuday of the month, theres always a small group of local fellow vette owners who meet at Joey D's on 41 and cortez on the second saturdays, and hooters on 41 and cant think of the light north of 53rd lol.

If your available next saturday, some of us are meeting up and going for a cruise to a dyno day held at antivenom i believe then heading over to the car show at joey d's.

Maybe Ill see ya around the bradenton area, if you see a stealth black c6, thats very loud, more then likely me lol. :rofl1:

What time do you guys meet up?

:welcome:Flash and thanks for joining our little family:wavey:

There are several great members arouind the Sarasota/bradenton area and I'm sure by tomorrow this time you'll have heard from most or all of them:thumbsup:

I'm down in that area quite frequently on business and theres a group here that meets at the Hob Nobdown there as well.

Look forward to meeting you and enjoy your stay.

When I get there, its around 530 and majority of the local vette crew is there(look for the corvette canopy lol), and some come a bit later. Usually ends around 830/9.

Be forwarned, there is a GT500 owner who comes who thinks corvettes are plastic pigs(i guess in her world 4k+ lbs is lighter then a 3200lbs?!?!)....instant enemy haha. A lot of nice cars come as well. Last Joey D's meet there was a huuuuge vette turn out from the regular crew.

Rick(C5Rick) and Tim(Curacao), are the ones who keep the locals informed. So if you see a post by them in the events section usually leads to a good time.

:welcome:

If you need any help breaking in your new vette, please let us know.... :hehehe:

Well you could follow me and the call 1-800 how's my driving?:hehehe:

LOL!! Yeah, maybe. But be careful. There are some law enforcement and ex-LEO types here who might pull you over and commandeer your vehicle. :yesnod:

Welcome

:welcome: Welcome :welcome:

You are in Bradenton and the best Club to hook up with is SunCoast Corvettes:

http://www.suncoastcorvette.com/

You also can join up with us in Tampa, but SunCoast goes with us on most events:

www.tampabayvettes.com

If you want, we meet in Brandon this Wednesday (10-08-08) at 7:00pm for meeting and dinner. You do not have to be a member to join us. See calendar for location.

http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2008-10-8&e=328&c=2

:hehehe: Jim :hehehe:

:welcome::welcome::dancer01:
Nice car:thumbsup::thumbsup:
If you have any detailing questions or needs just let me know.Check out my website to help you keep your Baby looking good.
Welcome to our home:wavey:
Check out the "events and happening" and the "calender" section for your lastest get togethers,alot of shows coming up:thumbsup:
more :pics:when you get them,we love pictures here:crazy03:

:welcome::welcome:

GLAD TO HAVE YOU !!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR SOON TO BE NEW CAR !!!

THEY ARE A BLAST !!!!

:crazy03::dancer01::party::yourock::hurray::party:

Hey congrats on new wheels. I'm in your local area and live in the NW section of Bradenton as you head towards the beaches. Send me a PM and perhaps we can meet for lunch and see your new wheels. 98Softtail, C5Rick, LS2POWA, and a few others live here.
The Gulf Coast Corvette Club in Bradenton doesn't do very much as indicated by their website. The Skyway Corvette Club in Sarasota has more involvement if you are really into clubs.
Anyway, congrats again and give me a shout. Mark :thumbsup:

Hey Clive, I believe they meet on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. I saw this on thier home page. So the October meeting should be Oct. 21. It didn't look like their calendar had been updated from the Sept. meeting.

Back