The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > Legal Issues

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Legal Issues Traffic tickets | Laws | Pending Legislation

Unread 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #21
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
It is the pilot's choice if he/she want's to become a FFDO, Federal Flight Deck Officer. You go through several written test and a psychiatrist evaluation. After that it is a week training at the same place as the border patrol and FMAs. You get credentials just like the FMAs but your jurisdiction is only the cockpit so you don't need as much training.

I was a FFDO but you can't carry international so I am not anymore. I won't say what the gun is but it is extremely good quality and more than enough. There are tons of FFDOs and even though the current administration and most the airlines don't want the responsibility it is a good thing.

The airlines don't want you because of the risk of problems and there have been some. Pilots do this, paying for their own training and bear the responsibility of the weapon. All this is done for the aircraft security and yes I'm sure a few have gotten out of speeding tickets
Thanks Jeff. I was curious as to the round and not the make of the gun. If that's a problem for you to disclose that info I understand.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #22
Dick
My two boo's \/

Name :
Dick has disabled reputation

In the aircraft, what kind of rounds are you using? would a frangible round be enough to penetrate a person yet still disintigrate if it hit the fuselage?
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #23
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Gordon, my friend, don't presume to tell me what to do on my own site. I'm calling things as I see them. Period.
Whatsa matter Rich? You normally have the most liberal views on allowing people to discuss things on "your site" without being ridiculed banned threatened etc. Why the lash out at someone else posting on the site? I don't see any of the posts as any sort of attack on you personally or your point of view in my opinion.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #24
ClockworkC5
droog

Name :
ClockworkC5 is on a distinguished road

i appreciate everyones input, and had no have any intentions of this post going the way it did. there are 4 of us in the house. we all sat down and discussed what happened and planned how to act if we come into this situation again. everyone will be awake, the girls together armed in a room. (my girlfriend was in the national guard, and likely can shoot better then alec and i). they call the police. the way the house is setup, you can go partway down the stairwell partially covered (visually, not balistically) and have a clear view of the living room, office, front door. ect. there is enough ambiant light to clearly identify the intruder. we are using the alarm, also using an extra deadbolt, one that cannot be accessed from out door. and reinforced the sliding glass doors. the thing i hope people can take from this is everyone should have some sort of plan in place for everyone in their household. we live in a nice housing development and never thought this would happen to us.
160 hypertech stat
taylor thundervolt wires
tb coolant bypass
slp short tube headers
borla quad stingers
anti-venom/tampa tune
cross drilled and slotted rotors
ClockworkC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #25
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockworkC5 View Post
... we live in a nice housing development and never thought this would happen to us.
You're not alone my friend.
Many of the subdivisions around here are gated, some guarded.

The gated ones we slip into with ease. Heck, I've even had people give me the code

The guarded ones could be accesses easily enough for the dedicated criminal with a little ingenuity and a printer...need ID?

Finally, you can always just go over the fence

Quote:
the thing i hope people can take from this is everyone should have some sort of plan in place for everyone in their household.

Well said brother!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #26
Bob K
Deceased

My brother is in a really nice sub division north of Orlando. About two/three years ago a new couple moved into a house down the street and within a week the guy was shot and killed while he was in his garage. I don't have any other details but it just goes to show ya what can happen.

I now keep a pistol in the garage.
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #27
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
Whatsa matter Rich? You normally have the most liberal views on allowing people to discuss things on "your site" without being ridiculed banned threatened etc. Why the lash out at someone else posting on the site? I don't see any of the posts as any sort of attack on you personally or your point of view in my opinion.
Sorry if you may disagree and interpret that as me "lashing out" (yet you don't seem to interpret someone else telling me "ENOUGH" in a similar light), but I do not have to tolerate ANYONE telling me to shut up on my own forum. That is not a "liberal" nor a "conservative" view at all. It is merely ME saying what I am willing to continue to tolerate HERE. Someone telling me "enough" HERE is not only being rude, but definitely way overstepping their authority in this domain.

I do allow a fair amount of head bumping and chest thumping here, but it gets old after a while, and one way or another it will have to come to an end if carried on for too long.
Unread 02-25-2011, 01:16 AM   #28
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Sorry if you may disagree and interpret that as me "lashing out" (yet you don't seem to interpret someone else telling me "ENOUGH" in a similar light), but I do not have to tolerate ANYONE telling me to shut up on my own forum.
Well ain't that just a hoot?
So much for free speech
It's ok, it proved something I needed to prove to myself.

BTW- Rich, at the risk of once again upsetting you, read the danged post again!

No one told you to "shut up!", on "your site" or anywhere else

What I was trying to get across as politely as I could, were concerns being voiced to me by other members regarding your repeated disparaging commentary, and how it was likely to not only offend some of us that are/were in the field, but also many of those who have been long time friends and supporters of the site.
Guess it fell on deaf ears.

You probably couldn't see it, but the comments in one form or another, were showing up in almost every thread. It was becoming so much sour grapes.
Let's run off what's left of the house

But now that I can speak freely (I think?), I'll say that personally, your continued disparaging comments, and apparent disdain toward anything law enforcement, was exceedingly insulting to ME!!
I'm sure I'm not alone.

Quote:
That is not a "liberal" nor a "conservative" view at all. It is merely ME saying what I am willing to continue to tolerate HERE. Someone telling me "enough" HERE is not only being rude, but definitely way overstepping their authority in this domain.
Tolerate?
What are we, 4?

1st- My comments were not made under any "authority." They were made as a member and a friend, in an effort to keep you from alienating members.
And yes, despite what you think, I would have said the same thing to your face.
Enough was enough.
And that's MY feeling on the matter.

Second- I'm sorry to say, you did exactly what I expected

Quote:
I do allow a fair amount of head bumping and chest thumping here, but it gets old after a while, and one way or another it will have to come to an end if carried on for too long.
Yeah, that was pretty much my point

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Last edited by Shadow; 02-25-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #29
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Well ain't that just a hoot?
So much for free speech

I reckon I gambeld and lost, but it's ok.
At least I was able to solidify an opinion I've had for a while.
It seems my gut was right again

And BTW- while we're at it, read the danged post again!

What I was trying to get across as politely as I could, were concerns being voiced to me by other members regarding your repeated disparaging commentary, and how it was likely to not only offend some of us that are/were in the field, but also many of those who have been long time friends and supporters of the site.
You probably couldn't see it, but the comments in one form or another, were showing up in almost every thread. It was becoming so much sour grapes.
Let's run off what's left of the house

But now that I can speak freely (I think?), I'll say that personally, not speaking for anyone else, your continued disparaging comments, and apparent disdain toward anything law enforcement, was insulting to ME, and I'm sure I'm not alone there.
But I guess that' ok?

Tolerate?
What are we, 4?

1st- My comments were not made under any "authority." They were made as a member and a friend, in an effor to keep you from alienating members.
And yes, despite what you think, I would have said the same thing to your face.
Enough was enough.

Second- I'm sorry to say, you did exactly what I expected

Yeah, that was pretty much my point

Thank you for confirming that my decision was based on a sound judgment call.

Addendum: Gordon, please don't make any further disparaging back handed comments about me or this site nor "swan song" style posts.

Last edited by Rich Z; 02-25-2011 at 02:11 AM.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #30
Bob K
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Enough was enough.
And that's MY feeling on the matter.
Quote:
Thank you for confirming that my decision was based on a sound judgment call.

Addendum: Gordon, please don't make any further disparaging back handed comments about me or this site nor "swan song" style posts.
WTF, This had been a good site. All he said was "enough was enough" meaning he said all he had to say.

Rich, you can hate the world but you can't take it out on us. There were no "disparaging back handed comments". I'm not going to get into any comments made by anyone on this site. I also know that we do not have freedom of speech on a privately owned site but I do know the day you exercise your right not to allow free speech you'll end up talking to yourself.

The day that Shadow or anyone else is removed from this site for voicing an opinion is the day that many others will also leave.

Edit: Now I see he's been removed as a mod. Damn.

Last edited by Bob K; 02-25-2011 at 07:46 AM.