The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 04-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default A confession....

Recently someone posted a thread here about his dissatisfaction with the last Corvette show he attended, and that got me thinking. I mean, what is this all about? Who needs a car like a Corvette anyway? Spending hours of our lives waxing, polishing, and making it pretty. For what? To take it for a drive and then have to do it all over again? And who cares about those sleek aerodynamic lines and the power to push that hunk of plastic 150 miles per hour and beyond? Who needs it? It's not like anyone is really going to DO that all that often, now is it? And it only has TWO seats? And it's not much of a grocery getter either. Forget about going to the hardware store to get some lumber or supplies! Sheesh! What the heck kind of TRANSPORTATION is this supposed to be anyway?

So when I just grabbed a hold of myself and thought about all this, I guess I had a revelation. This is just stupid. Here I went and bought TWO Corvettes and now today I'm thinking it was the WORST mistake I have ever made. I find that I miss the days of seeing moss growing on a vehicle because I haven't washed it in years. I miss the days of not caring about parking under a pine tree. And I CERTAINLY miss having a vehicle that is thousands of times more practical and logical to have for transportation from point A to point B.

So this has all boiled up into my making a decision. Yes, I am selling off the vettes and initially getting one replacement, with maybe another later on down the road. Something much more practical and suited to my lifestyle and personality. Something that won't attract unwanted attention wherever I drive with people giving me the thumbsup sign and appreciative stares. I hate that crap....... So yeah, I guess I have a TON of cleaning and polishing supplies to get rid of as well. This stuff just is NOT for me.

So I guess this site is going to be making a major change in the near future. Certainly a name change. I do expect you all, out of blind loyalty to follow me to the new site, and perhaps you too will have this revelation that I have had today and join me as well with the shaking off of this Corvette taint and rejoining the world of sane and practical members of society.

So ladies and gents, I am proud to announce that this site will shortly be renamed to reflect this change in my direction, and feel it appropriate to show you the car that has recently caught my eye and captured my heart and soul. After today, CorvetteFlorida.com will be renamed to MiniCooperFlorida.com.

I am CERTAIN that all of you are now thinking, "Damn! Rich Z is RIGHT! What the hell were WE thinking? " I have broken the Corvette spell we have all been under..................
Attached Images

Unread 04-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #2
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

WOW! Thanks Rich, for waking me up.
I have replaced brake lines and A/C parts and the list seems to never end. Practical??? Yeah, right. We stopped at Wal-Mart after Eckler's and didn't even get some stuff that we realy needed because we didn't have the room.

I like the Mini Cooper idea. I have heard that you can get an "S" model with a super charger.

I'm with you, you can see the add for the Vette on E-Bay.

Please send me the new flyers!

Charter Member #64
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
chris308
spam sniper

Name : Chris Huff
chris308 is on a distinguished road

i'll give you 10 bucks for the Z. Ease the transition for ya

happy 4-01 to ya!
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Man!!!

You had me worried there for a bit.
Then I saw the Mini.... Knowing how much you LOVE them!

~Ray
Unread 04-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
vett boy

Name :
vett boy has disabled reputation

What ,you take me for a fool or something?
vett boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :

SOLD!
Got my "But It Now" price on E-Bay!

Mini Cooper here I come!

Charter Member #64
Unread 04-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynkedad
You had me worried there for a bit.
Then I saw the Mini.... Knowing how much you LOVE them!

~Ray
Well Ray, actually this has been percolating (festering?) in my brain ever since we were in Micanopy. Remember that cool looking Mini Cooper parked right in front of you that everyone was drooling over while IGNORING our vettes? Maybe that planted the subliminal seeds in my brain. Certainly that car had to be easy to park just about anywhere. And I have to admit that everytime I have seen one on the road, I would say words of proper appraisal under my breath at the time.

Seriously guys, just because I came up with this idea on April first it really doesn't mean anything less than serious. Do you honestly think it impossible that someone could suddenly make the switch from loving Corvettes to becoming a Mini Cooper aficionado? BTW, what does a regular sized Cooper look like?

Do they come in 4 wheel drive? I'm envisioning one with big knobby tires on it that I could take cruising on the beaches in Cape Hatteras. GUARANTEED that would be the coolest ride on the beach there!

But yeah, you all probably think this is some sort of April Fool's joke, now don't you? Man, story of my life. I just don't get ANY respect......
Unread 04-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #8
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

April Fools!! It better be
Unread 04-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #9
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :

Better not be, I sold the Vette.

Charter Member #64
Unread 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #10
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road
Default Rich

Ya know smokin that stuff is still illegal and Qualudes have gone way outta style. But........... I love it.

Ken