• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

EDIT BUTTON

xtrememotorsports

Maybe its just me but everytime I make a post and want to go back and edit it or something I CANT FIND THE EDIT BUTTON!!!!

I know it use to be there, am I missing something :banghead:

Was it in the board of inquiry sect? I don't think you can edit there. Im sure Rich will chime in on it in a moment

Yeah, the Board Of Inquiry forum is a "written in stone" type of forum. In the other forums, I believe I have it set so that you can edit and delete posts for up to one month after you post them.

Yeah, the Board Of Inquiry forum is a "written in stone" type of forum. In the other forums, I believe I have it set so that you can edit and delete posts for up to one month after you post them.

But not being able to edit, prevents you from correcting spelling or grammar ect.

I feel a person should always be able to edit their own posts,

But not being able to edit, prevents you from correcting spelling or grammar ect.

I feel a person should always be able to edit their own posts,

One can...anywhere but there. It's to keep things that are said in place so the facts or information can not be altered.:thumbsup:

Spelling and grammer? :shrug01:Why bother? It's insignificant or at least much less significant than the facts of an incident or problem.

Besides, it just an internet board. Heck! People keep using "teh":rolleyes:

Gordon is correct. I run a very active BOI forum on another site, and I have found that when issues such as will be posted on the BOI get real hot and heavy, people may want to change their stories after they discover they stuck their foot in their own mouth. Such a forum is best run (in my opinion) in the "give the guy enough rope to hang himself" type mode. Removing the edit and delete functions takes away the opportunity for them to cut the rope they suddenly realize is wrapped around their neck.

Gordon is correct. I run a very active BOI forum on another site, and I have found that when issues such as will be posted on the BOI get real hot and heavy, people may want to change their stories after they discover they stuck their foot in their own mouth. Such a forum is best run (in my opinion) in the "give the guy enough rope to hang himself" type mode. Removing the edit and delete functions takes away the opportunity for them to cut the rope they suddenly realize is wrapped around their neck.

:lmao:

I AGREE people have to watch what they say sometime before its too late!!

Back