The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 07-05-2006, 01:18 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Question Am I just nuts?

A while back, Zach sent me a link to a guy who does vinyl lettering and I am talking with him about doing some decals for me. What I have in mind is to get some made up saying CorvetteFlorida.com with the idea of putting it at the top of my windshield. Maybe the back window as well.

So I sent this guy a photo of my Z so he can get an idea of the roof line and the dimensions needed, and I started thinking, "Are you out of your friggin' mind?" Won't that make you car look tacky as all hell? Man, I don't know. Do I REALLY want to do something like that?
Unread 07-05-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
Zach

Name :
Zach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
A while back, Zach sent me a link to a guy who does vinyl lettering and I am talking with him about doing some decals for me. What I have in mind is to get some made up saying CorvetteFlorida.com with the idea of putting it at the top of my windshield. Maybe the back window as well.

So I sent this guy a photo of my Z so he can get an idea of the roof line and the dimensions needed, and I started thinking, "Are you out of your friggin' mind?" Won't that make you car look tacky as all hell? Man, I don't know. Do I REALLY want to do something like that?
Good question Rich

I normally won't put any stickers on my car, but I look at this website as my 2nd home (besides my own website of course) so I'd be happy to sport a sticker. I'm getting some made for FCC and they will be approximately 7 inches wide by 1.5 inches tall.

Windshield stickers can look good if you can get the right font and embed it nicely on there, but usually I'm not too keen on them. I usually put stickers on the rear left and right window, or on the rear window.

It's not an easy decision so you'll have to ponder it for a while... I would definitely consider business cards as a form of promotional advertising though. I got 1,000 business cards made a long time ago for my website and the results were great. I don't think anyone has registered from the window stickers I made, but it seems that the response to business cards is pretty well....especially if you include a little note such as "Nice Z06! - Zach" or something.
Unread 07-05-2006, 03:50 AM   #3
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

It's personal preference. I have a windshield "glare strip" wth the Florida Camaro & Firebird Ass. on it on red on my black Z28. It looks good without being tacky and gets attention. Has it garnered any new members? Probably one, maybe 2. but it's the only one I'd put on the windshield.

If it's your site, and your have paid sponsors, then you could theoretically use the banner to promote the site and get a write off on the car

FOr that reason alone I'd probably consider it at least on the rear window.

Something smaller like the college strips you see on cars and SUVs

Certainly wouldn't go too large on either one though.

Just my buck 2-fitty.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z

Rich, as you've seen, I have a Z06Vette.com sticker on the back of my Z. I don't think that looks tacky, and believe me, I'm not one for stickering my car at all. I personally don't think I'd do the front windshield. I'm in total agreement with Zach on the business card angle. I can't tell you how many shows I've been to that I wish I had some cards for this site as well as Z06Vette. You could also run to your local mall and they usually have someone that makes license plate brackets pretty cheap.

Here's the sticker on mine.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
gsjack

Name :
gsjack is on a distinguished road

Like the idea of business cards to hand out at shows. I also have a Z06Vette.Com sticker, although i couldn't bring myself to put it on the Z.
I have it on my garage door window along side my NCM sticker.

Sure as hell not going to stick one on my verts. plastic rear window.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
gsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
MADN3SS

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjack
Like the idea of business cards to hand out at shows. I also have a Z06Vette.Com sticker, although i couldn't bring myself to put it on the Z.
I have it on my garage door window along side my NCM sticker.
Jack
Ahh, it comes off.

I thought about it long and hard before I put it on mine. In the end, I like it, that's all that matters. I don't think it's too tacky. If I get tired of it, I'll just remove it.

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #7
gsjack

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS

If I get tired of it, I'll just remove it.
I have almost the same theory Scott, only, instead of removing the sticker. I just sell my Vette and replace with another one.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
Unread 07-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
MADN3SS

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsjack
I have almost the same theory Scott, only, instead of removing the sticker. I just sell my Vette and replace with another one.
Jack
If I had your money I'd burn mine!

So what are driving up to the Fest? Or are you flying? You should have flown up and driven Leslie's snake down for her. That would be a fun trip.

I was hoping to go to that Spring Hill show again, next Thursday the 13th, but that might fall through. If not, I'm still on vacation until the 28th. We could meet for the show on the 27th, if you are back from the Fest.

I'll be leaving on Sunday morning, but I'm heading over to the Knoxville area. I'm in the preliminary stages of maybe looking into moving up there. Lots of things would have to fall into place, but it could happen. I'll fill you in later.

Later Bro.
Scott

Unread 07-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #9
gsjack

Name :

Flying into Nashville and renting a car from there Scott. Leslie moved to Indiana recently, would gladly drive her "Snake" anytime though.

You can't leave the Tampa family without the God-Father's permission. Don't make me call Mark and get the hockey stick bloody.

Jack

04 Z06 Z16(SOLD)
Unread 07-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #10
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Rich,

If you are unsure, have the guy make the stickers out of the static cling material. If you don't like it, just peel it off!

They can be done tastefully!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote