The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 09-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #21
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

Sure is BIG

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #22
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN
Sure is BIG
Yeah, no doubt about that.

But the goal is to catch people's eye "on the fly", which means oncoming traffic, in many cases. As I have been driving around, on occasion I would see other vehicles with similar windshield decals and I made note of which ones I could read and WHY. Type of font was important as well as SIZE.

So you can see why I was reluctant to do this. If I was going to do it, I had to do it RIGHT.

But in any event, I don't think the lettering will come off with too much trouble if it wears on my nerves. Right now it's a toss up as to whether I like the look or not. Well "like" may be kind of strong. More like "what I am willing to tolerate" in order to help to promote this site......
Unread 09-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #23
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

I would put it on my vette in a NY minute
9T8Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #24
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

I think it looks fine. Is the one on the back a small one or a duplicate of the front one?
Unread 09-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #25
Rich Z

Well, I'm not sure how permanent the install is going to be. Bonehead (me?) misread the directions..... I was supposed to soak the decal in water before applying it. Seemed to stick just fine the way I did it, though. Luckily I bought two sets, so if this one blows off, I can do the install the *correct* way...

The decal on the front is 4 feet wide, and the one on the front is 3 feet wide. The front one is also curved substantially, to accommodate the 4 inch bow the roof line makes into the windshield, however looking at it from the front makes it look like it is perfectly straight.

The small ones I am giving away upon request are only 8 inches long.

Anyway, I think it is growing on me. My wife came home from work and I cringed thinking what she was going to say about my latest "mod" to the vette. Surprisingly enough she said she LIKED it! That certainly surprised me enormously. She fought me tooth and nail over the rear bumper lettering, but after she saw it, she finally grudgingly admitted it looked GOOD. I thought NO WAY she is going to like those window decals....

Oh well. Hopefully they will stay on the way I did the install. If not, it really wasn't tough at all to do.

BTW, the place that did the decals for me is http://www.wildergfx.com. The guy seemed REAL easy to work with.
Unread 09-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #26
Rich Z

Well, I took the CorvetteFlorida mobile billboard out for a ride today through Tallahassee. Saw 4 vettes along the way, so maybe they took note of the lettering on the windows. I should would be curious to see how many (if any) members I might attract to the site in this manner.

I have to admit that I felt a little self conscious about the decals at first, but after a short period that wore off and I just sort of felt, well, what the heck. I may have done dumber things in the past. At least I think so.

Matter of fact, I'm actually beginning to like it. And just maybe someone who never would have heard about this site except for seeing the decals will wind up joining us here. You never know. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

And look at it this way.... now when I want to take a drive, I can just say I am going to go out and do some "advertising for the site". Makes it sound much more necessary to do, now doesn't it?
Unread 09-29-2006, 11:23 PM   #27
naples

Name :
naples is on a distinguished road

I am sure you will get some hits from your decals. I have written down and went to a lot of sites I have seen while in traffic. With the turbos it is better that it is in bigger letters. You will not be in sight long.
Unread 10-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #28
CREWZIN

Name :
CREWZIN is on a distinguished road

Rich,

Received the small decal yesterday in the mail. At first when I opened the letter all I took out was a blank piece of paper Then I looked harder and saw the decal. Haven't had a chance to make up my mind as to which glass to put it on (front/back) as I just had surgery Friday and can't get around too well right now.

Thanks for the decal.

87 Dark Red Metallic Coupe. L98 Auto, 143,000 smilin miles.
Black 17" Z06 Motorsport Wheels, Muffler Eliminators, "Y" pipe w/o pre-cats, K&N with open lid, TB Flow Booster, Big Mouth Performance Air Dam, Vette Connection Stage II Chip. Citrus County Corvette Club
CREWZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #29
Rich Z

Sorry to hear about your surgery. Hope you will heal up quickly. The decal should have VERY low priority on your list! Don't worry about it till you are able. We'll be here for a while........

Thanks.
Unread 10-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #30
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Thanks RichZ,recieved the decal on saturday but happen put it on the caar yet .Thinkin the rear of the car since most folks only see that part .Thanks again and will post pics as soon as the decal is install
9T8Vette is offline   Reply With Quote