Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Suggestion Box

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Suggestion Box Forum Requests | Site Mods | General Suggestions

Unread 05-01-2006, 01:18 AM   #1
Zach

Name :
Zach is on a distinguished road
Default Some friendly suggestions

Take these with a grain of salt, let me know if you approve/disapprove of any Rich.

I would:
  • Rename 'Admin' to 'Main Section'
  • Rename 'Administrative forums' to 'General Community Discussion'
  • Rename 'Welcome Room' to 'Welcome Room & Off Topic Chat' (Not 100% sure on this...just a thought, what do you all think?)
  • Move 'Florida Corvette Clubs' category to the bottom of the heirarchy

My $0.02

Take care
Unread 05-01-2006, 03:02 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach
Take these with a grain of salt, let me know if you approve/disapprove of any Rich.

I would:
  • Rename 'Admin' to 'Main Section'
  • Rename 'Administrative forums' to 'General Community Discussion'
  • Rename 'Welcome Room' to 'Welcome Room & Off Topic Chat' (Not 100% sure on this...just a thought, what do you all think?)
  • Move 'Florida Corvette Clubs' category to the bottom of the heirarchy

My $0.02

Take care
Well, I tend to agree with changing the "Admin" label, but not too sure about the choice of "Main Section", however. It makes the rest of the sections sound like they are superfluous or NOT main. Perhaps something like "Lobby" or "Atrium" or anything that implies an entrance may be better?

And of course the description of that section would be relabeled accordingly.

Not sure either about expanding the Welcome Room. The idea of that is for new members to introduce themselves, and I guess a certain amount of off topic chatter is going to be expected. I think it may be best to wait on this one to see if it warrants perhaps creating an Off Topic forum completely. Right now I am trying hard to not overpower the site with TOO many forums. That would be very easy to do, and for some people note real fluent with the web and message boards in particular, it could overwhelm and frustrate them. So I'm trying to keep it a bare bones site until (and if) I see it is necessary to do otherwise.

As for the Florida Corvette Forums section, well I'm going to hold off to see what, if any, results I will be getting from the email I sent out. Quite honestly, however, I don't have my hopes up that that particular effort will bear fruit. Participation from the various clubs may have to come from the membership that comes to this site rather then having anything to do with the actual officers of the clubs. And as such, it is entirely possible that I may need to completely rename this Clubs section into something more akin to having local areas (cities and/or counties) as separate forums rather then my original idea of having it segregated by formal club designations. My original idea of having the section close to the top of the site was so that it would be more visible and perhaps more attention getting to the clubs that I had hoped may be interested in participating with this site. If that does not happen, then it will change my opinion of where it really needs to be in relation to the rest of the real estate improvements on the front page.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2006, 06:41 AM   #3
Zach

Name :
Zach is on a distinguished road

No problem, just thought I'd throw them your way!