The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 05-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #11
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well what do you expect when the driving "test" is a joke? You really don't have to know how to drive to get put in control of a 3,000+ pound bullet. How many people really know what to do when the backend of the vehicle tries to come around in front of them? Or realize that driving high speed through rain can bring the tires off of the surface via hydroplaning? I've seen people pass on blind curves like they didn't have a care in the world.

I've heard it suggested that all trucks and SUVs should have black boxes in them like they do in airplanes. I would bet BIG MONEY, that the most common LAST THING heard when the black box is pulled from some redneck's crumpled pickup truck and analyzed would be the driver saying "watch this!".......
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #12
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Well all the rain the last couple days has resulted n my Z getting wrecked. COming off the turnpike northbound on the exit to I595 last night the Ford Explorer next to me lost traction, hydroplaned and spun head on in my lane. I coule not stop and plowed into the car. The front end of my Z and front fright quarter panel is al lbusted up, my car is not driveable. Now I need to deal with insurance adjusters, settlements and figuring our what to do. Do I fix it with a new hood and tigershark front end, if I get a settlement do I sell it as is and get a new Z? We will see, but for right now, no Z.

Man, THAT SUCKS!
Sorry to hear the bad news, keep us posted on how things work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I've heard it suggested that all trucks and SUVs should have black boxes in them like they do in airplanes.
Some if not most do. They cost alot to analyze so it's usually only done in very serious or deadly crashes.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2006, 07:36 PM   #13
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Well all the rain the last couple days has resulted n my Z getting wrecked. COming off the turnpike northbound on the exit to I595 last night the Ford Explorer next to me lost traction, hydroplaned and spun head on in my lane. I coule not stop and plowed into the car. The front end of my Z and front fright quarter panel is al lbusted up, my car is not driveable. Now I need to deal with insurance adjusters, settlements and figuring our what to do. Do I fix it with a new hood and tigershark front end, if I get a settlement do I sell it as is and get a new Z? We will see, but for right now, no Z.
OOOOOOOOOHH! That sucks . I would just s#*t if it happened to me. Best of luck to you. I hope the situation is resolved quickly and to your satifaction ..........Tom
Unread 05-31-2006, 04:48 PM   #14
C5STATETROOPER
Lakeland, FL

Name :
C5STATETROOPER is on a distinguished road

I miss the daily rain in Tallahassee - my grass needs it bad down here now! One thing about Tallahassee; it was the hottest place in the summer and the coldest place in the winter, but we got a good dose of rain everyday in the spring and summer moths!
C5STATETROOPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2006, 06:40 AM   #15
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Where's the Rain. Thunder only worrys me when i am fishing or like now that it's so dry.1 strike could easly cause a Forest Fire around here . I kinda live in the woods.We are back up to a Reserve Area with a Buttload of Trees .Please bring on the rain
9T8Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2006, 12:39 PM   #16
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I'm surrounded by heavy forest. And 3/4 of a mile from the Apalachicola national forest. One Spring there was a huge fire in the forest (caused by a prescribed burn that got away from them) and we actually had smoldering embers falling out of the sky onto our lawn. That was pretty scary. Fire trucks were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Kind of like the Keystone Cops in that they were stopping to ask directions to the fire.

But at least I had the foresight to put tin roofing on the house and buildings. Most house catch on fire because of burning embers igniting the asphault shingle tiles more commonly used.