The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 03-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
ClockworkC5
droog

Name :
ClockworkC5 is on a distinguished road
Default installing front bumper cover

getting a bumper cover painted. corvette shop and supply wants $300 for a fixed cover, $300 to paint it and $100 to reinstall. i took the cover off myself in about 20 min. i know coming off is easier, but should i pay the $100 and be done with it. how much play do you have with the paint on the plastic? im a little worried i have them paint it, and i go to put it back on myself (id use roomate to help) the plastic bends and the paint cracks. anyone have experience here? also, while i have the bumper cover off, im installing and aiming headlight/ foglight hids. also got new clear corner signal housing with internal led strip and switchback leds. also z06 style fog light inserts pieces (for lack of better wording). while ive got the front cover off, anything else i should consider doing, mod or maintenance. thanks
160 hypertech stat
taylor thundervolt wires
tb coolant bypass
slp short tube headers
borla quad stingers
anti-venom/tampa tune
cross drilled and slotted rotors
ClockworkC5 is offline   Reply With Quote