The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Detailing

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Detailing The art of having gleam and sparkle in your ride and pride. From fixing an abused finish to keeping your perfect one that way.

Unread 09-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
Rich, I'm not Madn3ss but I will chime in here. When I bought my Z in 2000 I used Zaino's cause everyone said it was the best. Up to that point I had always used Liquid Glass. Zaino's is a very good product and Sal offers good customes assistance, but I believe that Adams is better. I never liked mixing the Z2 and ZFX, and I had a couple of ZFX's dry up on me before I used them, Sal offered to replace them free of charge but I never took him up on his offer. I spent my whole life working at new car dealers so I know what customer assistance and satisfaction is, and no one, I mean no one is more dedicated to customer satisfaction than Adam Pitale. He is the best. Sal Zaino's products are excellent and so are Adams and them some. Adams Butter Wax is easy on and easy off and chines, chines, chines. Even his tire black is a cut above, a nice finish but not real glossy and phoney looking.
Nytro, thanks for the information. When I said I had no complaints about Zaino, I meant the performance of their products. I also am not thrilled with mixing Z2 with ZFX. I try to proportion it out so that I only mix what I am going to use and then I don't have it going bad on me. But I don't like the mixing part. I'll take a look at Adams site and maybe give his stuff a try. I use Zaino on the '01 and Liquid Glass on the '69. After redoing the shine on the '01 I was just going to strip the '69 and convert it to Zaino. But maybe I'll wait and compare the Adams with the Z.

Thanks for the info guys!
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 05:31 PM   #12
Suicide King

Name :
Suicide King is on a distinguished road

Nytro,

That pic looks AWESOME! The should use your photo for advertising. The only problem there is most people wont believe that’s a car….. they’ll thinks it’s a mirror.

Thanks for the info all. I’m going to give Adams a try.
Suicide King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #13
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Thanks King, the only thing wrong with that picture is that I'm in it.

Rich, I'm not sure how far Ft. Meyers is from Valrico, but if you want to drive that beast here you are more than welcome to use my garage and Adams products to detail the car. You just might have to clean up my drool though. I use to use and sell Liquid Glass, it is a very good product and doesn't stain the rubber or plastic, but Adams I believe is far better. Hell I don't even use soap when I wash the car anymore, just cool water and after six months it still beads up and runs off. True the car is a garage queen but the polish is still there.

Jeff

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2006, 07:59 PM   #14
2Vettes

Name :
2Vettes is on a distinguished road

Ok, now you guys have my attention. I"ve been a Zaino user for a long time. The husband uses Meguires NXT but I'm checking out the Adams's site and will give it a try when I'm ready to re-do the vette. Great photo Nytro!
Unread 09-14-2006, 10:30 PM   #15
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
Thanks King, the only thing wrong with that picture is that I'm in it.

Rich, I'm not sure how far Ft. Meyers is from Valrico, but if you want to drive that beast here you are more than welcome to use my garage and Adams products to detail the car. You just might have to clean up my drool though. I use to use and sell Liquid Glass, it is a very good product and doesn't stain the rubber or plastic, but Adams I believe is far better. Hell I don't even use soap when I wash the car anymore, just cool water and after six months it still beads up and runs off. True the car is a garage queen but the polish is still there.

Jeff
Jeff, thanks for the offer, but my Corvettes are not in Ft. Myers yet. I built my retirement house a little early to take advantage of the interest rates when they were down a few years ago. I am still in Maryland, damn it, at the moment, but come down to Ft. Myers every 6 to 8 weeks or so. When we come down for the Christmas holidays, I am bringing the '01 vert down and leaving it in Ft. Myers. That way I won't have to rent a car when I come down and I'll have one of the Vettes there. I will be moving down permanently sometime next year.

I also am not sure how far Valrico is from Ft. Myers, in fact I have no clue what direction Valrico is in. But, I am about 1 1/2 hours west of Ft. Lauderdale and about 2 hours sout of Tampa, if that helps you.

I did take a look at the Adams site and was very impressed with the spectrum of products that he sells. As I start to get my garage ready for the the Corvettes, I will need to get stocked with something. I plan to email Adam to get a little information from him.

Thanks again for the offer.

Rich
Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #16
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

Y W Rich, I didn't realize that you weren't here in Fla. Ya, you are south of me, Valrico is about 10 minutes east of Tampa.

When you email Adam tell him Nytro (Jeff) sent you. If you decide to buy anything tell him you are a member of Z06vette.com and you will get a 10% discount.

www.adamspolishes.com

Authority forgets a dying king
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2006, 12:39 PM   #17
Cmanhome
cmanhome

Name :
Cmanhome has disabled reputation

I have a black '95 coupe and use ICE by Turtle wax, it is a clear polish and does not dry white or powdery. Easy to apply and buff off with cotton cloth. I use Meguiars detail spray to keep it shinny and black afterwards.I live on a dirt road and need all the help I can get. It seems that the Vettes makeup attracts dust like a magnet.

Cmanhome in Green Cove Springs, Florida.
Cmanhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #18
Flash man
Cruzin

Name :
Flash man is on a distinguished road
Default Auto Detailing Products

Hello Guys,

I am glad that some of you are pleased with our Flash products. For other members that dont know me, my name is Joe Carollo. My wife Kellie and I own and operate Flash Distributors in Largo, Florida. We are Corvette owners and belong to a local Corvette association in Largo, Florida. We started out as an auto detail product distributor in 1998 but we now manufacture 90 percent of our automotive detailing products. We distribute waxes and compounds for Malco products. They manufacture the famous Flash Liquid Paste Wax and many top quality compounds, glazes and waxes.

Although we are not a nationally known company, we use only the best raw materials to blend our products. We have created state of the art formulas. We manufacture our own Tire shine, leather conditioner, spray wax, wheel cleaners, car wash & wax soaps, glass cleaners & interior & carpet cleaners and much more. We also carry interior aerosol leather, plastic, vinyl & carpet dyes in OEM colors.

We are so confident that our products work so well that we have tested them against almost every national chemical manufacturer, and have surpassed them in quality, performance and price. I also have extensive auto detailing experience, so if you have any questions pertaining to paint defects, wheels etc. feel free to email me. If you live in the Tampa Bay area, I invite you to come in and check out our store in Largo, or you can order from our website www.flashwax.com. Our products are safe for your vehicle, easy-to-use and will provide outstanding performance. Thanks very much for the introduction.

Last edited by Flash man; 12-16-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Flash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #19
Mekanic
Injector Guy

Name :
Mekanic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash man
Hello Guys,

I am glad that some of you are pleased with our Flash products. For other members that dont know me, my name is Joe Carollo. My wife Kellie and I own and operate Flash Distributors in Largo, Florida. We are Corvette owners and belong to a local Corvette association in Largo, Florida. We started out as an auto detail product distributor in 1998 but we now manufacture 90 percent of our automotive detailing products. We distribute waxes and compounds for Malco products. They manufacture the famous Flash Liquid Paste Wax and many top quality compounds, glazes and waxes.

Although we are not a nationally known company, we use only the best raw materials to blend our products. We have created state of the art formulas. We manufacture our own Tire shine, leather conditioner, spray wax, wheel cleaners, car wash & wax soaps, glass cleaners & interior & carpet cleaners and much more. We also carry interior aerosol leather, plastic, vinyl & carpet dyes in OEM colors.

We are so confident that our products work so well that we have tested them against almost every national chemical manufacturer, and have surpassed them in quality, performance and price. I also have extensive auto detailing experience, so if you have any questions pertaining to paint defects, wheels etc. feel free to email me. If you live in the Tampa Bay area, I invite you to come in and check out our store in Largo, or you can order from our website www.flashwax.com. My wife processes all orders fast! All Corvette owners from this site or anywhere in the US will receive a 10 percent discount on all of our products. Our products are safe for your vehicle, easy-to-use and will provide outstanding performance. Thanks very much for the introduction.
I rock it. I've had my kit since the UVP and I'm already going to be ordering more Aqua Gloss and Brown Royal soon.. I've done my vette, my DD Cavi, and my dads truck with it all this week.

I'm never using any other products again
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #20
ynkedad
Wassup!!!

Name :
ynkedad will become famous soon enough
Default Follow up!

I'm a Zaino user, and like many others got it based on word of mouth. I'm looking at trying something different, rather than settling for the shine I have without trying others first.
Now... there was a post on this thread, where Nytro took a pic of his Vette after using Adams and WOW!!!
Also, there were other posts, where MADN3SS and others chimed in on Adams and other like products.

***My questions are... Are ya's still happy with the service, the product, etc.?
Did anyone else who may have been using other products switch to Adams, or another product since then and notice a difference?

What about the "Flash Wax" advertised here on this forum. Anyone using it
That may or may not have been using other products before?
How well does it apply in the FL. heat?
I'm wondering if "Flash Wax" may be a "Diamond in the Ruff". Just waiting for people to make it as well known as the other top brands.? Or is already, and I just haven't heard of it till joining this forum?
Is their (Flash Wax) customer service as good as Adams? Sounds like Adams "CS" would be hard to beat, according to some of the previous posts on this thread.!
I know, there's a lot of questions coming at ya's after a hard day at the job!!!
I Really do appreciate those of you who'll give me feedback!

~Ray