The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 12-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road
Default My Character, or lack there of......

The time has come to put everything out in the open. Let’s have an open discussion about my character flaws and my so called lack of integrity. Frankly I am tired of this issue being thrown in my face so lets clear the air once and for all.

I will try to be as candid, open and honest as I am able to and hopefully recall the facts correctly and sequence the events as close to how they happened.

The only finger pointing I am doing in this post is right back at myself so as to save a certain individual/shop owner the time of sending PMs to everyone about me and all of my character flaws and dings in my integrity.

I arrived to the Corvette community the day after Labor Day 2006 when I picked up my 1998 black convertible. Purchasing it was actually my wife's idea as I had retired from coaching basketball after 25 years and at that time I was teaching the most extreme special education students (mentally and sexually abused foster kids in a group home who had been removed from their parents) and needed something of a hobby to use as stress relief. I had previously built several hot rods before and worked as a mechanic in Greensboro, NC for a couple of years. I was itching to get back into a hot rod. So we bought the vette.

I had flirted with a C5 Z06 prior to getting the vert and knew I wanted to do all my own work and match or exceed the Z's power levels. Of course I immediately found the national Corvette board and joined. I read all that I could and began my mental mod list. I was intrigued at how the use of video would allow people like my self who are visual learners (this is the teacher in me) have an easier time doing the work on their Vettes, so that is where the Corvette Show came from that you see in my screen name. I registered a web site and found an on air host and actually produced two episodes of The Corvette Show as podcasts and they were and still are on Itunes.

I did the Z06 Suspension mods and showed via video exactly how to do the Ratshack resistor mod to trick the F45 suspension and use C6 Z06 Shocks. I then did my own slave/master and clutch repair then moved on to heads and cam, all documented on video.

I began conversing with Tracy at RevX over a period of time in late 2006 and on through 2007. He graciously offered his help if I needed it to install the nitrous system I was thinking about. I thought, "Hey, cool guy, that’s awesome."

Late August of 2007 RevX had a partner that wanted out. I was not overly happy with my teaching and wanted to look into a career change. I had always wanted to be back into a shop and flirted with several opportunities at shop ownership through the years. I inquired about the RevX sale and talked to Tracy about it. Tracy's first option that he wanted to pursue was to buy out his partner and have the whole thing to himself, and I certainly could not blame him for that.

However, Tracy appeared very interested in my internet skills, combined with the potential my podcast show had, he and I worked out an agreement for me to come to work for RevX on a part time basis (I would drive to RevX after school three days a week and on Saturdays from Town and Country to Palm River) and be the company’s director of marketing.

(Cont. in next post)
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Bradzvette

Name :
Default My Character, or lack there of...... Cont.

I was to receive the following in lieu of any salary:
My own lift space
Keys to the shop so I could shoot the podcast after hours
A commission on any work I brought in
An office
Free tunes whenever I needed them and use of the dyno for the show, at the time I had it worked out to shoot a video comparing the dyno numbers of the four intakes, LS1, LS6, LS2 and FAST 90
I would also maintain and fix any of the Shop's computers at a discounted rate of 50% my going labor rate. (Yes I have my own computer business since 1997)

So, where did I go wrong and what things are my faults? Everywhere and all of it are my responsibility.

I was warned by many, many people in the Corvette community not to go there. But old stubborn me, I figured I have a degree in Applied Behavioral Science, (psychology) I can handle it. Wrong! Big mistake on my part. But I thought I saw an opportunity and was excited. I wanted to be a part of something and thought the endeavor had potential.

Almost from the get go, it was clear I was not wanted there by the shop manager, JP. A big mistake was that as soon as I realized there was friction with JP, I should have said thank you but no thank you and left. But there is that stubborn Irish/Italian streak in me and I trusted Tracy and thought we were friends. I don’t make many friends unfortunately, mostly because I don't have patience for adults, all of my patience is usually spent on my students and by the end of a school week my patience is gone. But I did truly think of Tracy as a friend and tried to act as I thought a friend should.

I definitely saw that there were many people around him who merely were there to get what they could from him for free. It did not take me long to recognize this at all and I felt bad for him. I vowed not to become like that. I did ask Tracy to adjust our agreement after a week or two to allow me to get any parts I needed at the Shop's cost. He agreed.

So I went along posting up on several sites marketing RevX. I went out on Sunday night cruises and breakfast cruises doing my very best to help promote RevX. I brought in a major deal for the shop from a Corvette Forum Oldsmar member who had a blown motor and it was set to generate a nice profit for the shop and a few bucks to me for the commission. Well I wont go into details as to what went wrong but the deal ended up not making any money at all due to some errors that had nothing to do with me and since the shop lost money on the deal Tracy refused to pay me any commission.

I wasn't happy but went along with it and reminded him that I wanted a 410 diff for my car and that he agreed to let me have it for shop's cost. But again, my mistake I should have left when I wasn’t paid, but foolishly stayed trying to work things out. JP was working against me every step of the way, constantly undermining my ideas. I had set up a car show at the shop on a Saturday in October 2007 but Tracy and the gang were out of town racing that day and JP tried and almost successfully got Tracy to cancel the show.

Thankfully however, it proceeded and the show went fabulously. One of the mechanic's wives called Tracy and told him how great things went and I believe some business was generated from the show.
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
Bradzvette

Name :
Default My Character, or lack there of...... cont.

Late November 2007 my number seven piston ring messed up in my motor and compression was down to 65. New motor time. I privately questioned a tuner's modification that was done to my car but I refused to air it publicly or name the tuner, to which I still have not to this day. By this time I had been in the Corvette/performance community long enough and saw how on line forums worked and what happens to people who air grievances in the open, the followers of the person you have a problem with gang up on you and it all turns bad. So I decided to keep my mouth shut and accept the blame as I could have said NO to the modification but didn't. I asked Tracy not to say anything about this issue, but he was not happy as he has a history with this particular tuner, I for one did not want the drama.

By December 2007 I was ready to leave RevX. I should have left earlier. No keys, no videos, no commissions, no parts as of yet, nothing. Several times I was ready to deck JP, he was constantly bothering me and putting me down, interfering with communication between me and Tracy. JP went into my office and removed things that belonged to me.

Some more mistakes I made. A customer came in for a differential and transmission sometime in late October 2007. I had done the tunnel plate modification and loved it. I was pitching it to the customer. I believed in the product, I still have it on my car. I convinced the customer to purchase it. I marked the price up 22%. Pretty much standard mark up in most industries. The customer accepted the price which I had to cover shipping as well. Initially the customer was happy with the item. I made like 50 bucks I think I'm not sure. Well the transmission blew up and the customer came back. JP tells the customer he could have bought the tunnel plate on line and saved the 22% I marked it up. So the customer said take it off he didn’t want it. I had already collected the fifty bucks and felt that I was owed this regardless due to the past 2 months of coming to and from the job with no compensation.

As of this point, I had one tune done which took forever to get done and I threatened to quit over not getting it like I was supposed to. On top of that the tune was a rush job, he spent all of fifteen minutes tuning the car. No commissions were paid on jobs. No keys. No space. And I passed on my knowledge of marketing to RevX. I showed them about posting in forums for marketing purposes, using pictures and videos to promote the shop, I showed little things to highlight like using painter's tape and paper to cover fenders then using actual fender covers instead of bath towels when working on cars. I showed how to post pictures and detail the progression of a customers build on the forums, including here on Corvette Florida.

My mistake. My fault. No excuses, no matter how justified I felt I was or how angry I was in not receiving the things I was promised or how pissed I was at JP for undermining my deal I should have returned the fifty bucks to RevX for the deal on the tunnel plate. I have a check ready.

Next mistake.
I had purchased a short block to go in my car. I was short on funds and needed a lift to remove the old engine and put the new one in. I asked Tracy if I could borrow the one from the shop for a few days. He kind of stalled a bit, (A clue you think??) but said I could take it till I was done.

Now mind you my thinking at the time was that I had wasted a lot of time and money (lots of Gas money) at the shop so I wanted to get something for my efforts. At least save me 100 bucks on a lift rental. So I get the lift home on a Friday and Saturday morning Tracy calls and says he wants it back. I'm like are you kidding me???????? I was pissed. So I stalled a bit on purpose. When I feel taken advantage of and get pissed off I don’t think clearly. My bad, I was wrong. I should have returned the lift immediately even though I only had it for 8 hours overnight and didn’t even get to use it. Friday at 5 Pm till Saturday morning at 8 AM when I was told I could have it for as long as I needed. I thought this was done to me on purpose. Just to "F" with me. But I take responsibility for not returning it immediately. My bad I apologize. My fault.
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
Bradzvette

Name :

My next mistake:
Late February 2008, I thought my motor was ready to be started up. Tracy was working on some new products, I had picked up my differential and paid for it by check which cleared. Tracy agreed that this was fair to compensate me for the time at the shop I spent, but he wasn’t happy about it and he let me know it. The diff was at his cost, I had no intention of costing the shop money and I wanted nothing for free, at least I tried to be that way. So I thought my new motor was ready to go, it was in the car and I offered to show case a few things on the car like fuel rails and a tensioner pulley Tracy was making to sell so I had a video ready to highlight the new motor. I told Tracy I would show off his new parts in the video and post it on Corvette Forum. I was no longer at RevX officially but was over the hurt feelings of how I felt I was treated there. I agreed to pay him for the items at cost in a week or two.

Unfortunately the motor did not start. I was pissed. The fuel rails did not fit as both he and I forgot that 97 (?) and 98 vettes have a return fuel rail system and also I was using an LS2 intake.

I was under a huge amount of stress as we had sold the house at the height of the real estate boom and we had two weeks to get out, I had Hillsborough code enforcement on my ass about working on my car in the driveway (which is illegal, go figure) they were threatening to tow the vette and fine me. So I had the car moved to the Chevy super center in Largo to have it looked at and see what might be wrong and why it wouldn’t start. Next thing I know Tracy wants the fuel rails back. I'm like I cant get to it right now, I want to return them of course but I'm swamped. I was all packed up and I couldn’t locate the dang things as they were packed by my wife. It took until we moved for me to find them and return them. No excuses though I should have returned them immediately. My mistake. I apologize for the delay in getting the fuel rails back to RevX.

My next mistake, in January 2008 as I was putting all the parts together for the new motor, Tracy volunteered to assemble my heads if I shot a video of the procedure and posted it. I said OK, sounds good. Well that day arrives and I get the feeling he has regretted making the offer. I am a profiler, I can sense what people are feeling by how they act, their body language. I knew something was up and that he wasn’t happy about doing the heads. He was preoccupied with working on his lathe project and was not devoting his full attention to assembling the heads. Again, big clue on my part that I missed, I should have stopped right there and said thanks but no thanks. Dummy me didn't.

Well I come to find out later after I pull the motor in March because it wouldn’t run that the head assembly was completely botched. This motor was never started, had no miles on it, never fired as it had no compression, yet the locks fell out of the heads when the builder took the valve covers off. The builder was shocked, said he never had seen anything like that before. I was so upset. I felt this had cost me time and money (and I felt betrayed more then anything) because the heads were not correctly assembled, I blamed Tracy when I should have blamed myself. I know better then to expect something for free. There is still a cost. So I kept a set of wires for 60 bucks that I did initially intend to return. Check is ready to go on my next paycheck in January. My bad, my fault. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Lets see what else am I aware of that I have done wrong. Oh yes, on corvette Forum and LS1tech where I did all the posting for RevX, Tracy asked that my screen name reflect the RevX company when I posted. So I had achieved a good following on both sites under my original SN. But I changed it to accommodate Tracy. So my name had the RevX name under it when ever I posted. After I left RevX I didn’t push to remove the RevX name from under mine. It still read supporting tuner. Now did I know this, of course. Did I do it purposely and try to take advantage of it? No I did not.

Unfortunately one of my character flaws (many as you can see by now) is that I am a procrastinator. I had a lot going on. I did send a PM to a couple of mods at Corvette Forum to remove the RevX name but it was right at the time CF was bought out by IB brands and it didn’t get done. So I did try. As for LS1tech I researched on changing my SN and it said they no longer accepted requests for changes that you had to create a whole new profile and you would lose any of your seller ratings. Ughhh. I didn’t want to do that. So I left it, I wrongly figured it was Tracy's responsibility to tell the forums to remove me not mine, even though I did try. Could I have been more diligent in the pursuit? Most definitely. However with three kids to take care of and teaching duties, I was tired. But again, I'm an idiot, my fault for not immediately changing the RevX tuner name from mine. I am sorry.

Cont.
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
Bradzvette

Name :

On to my next mistake.
I again trusted Tracy when he said he would help me assemble my new motor. Again with the video, we agreed to shoot the build up and post it. Initially complicating the matter was that Tracy fired Kyle the RevX mechanic three days before Christmas and Kyle had the tools necessary to assemble the motor. These are Kent Moore Specialty tools and are needed to install and align the oil pan with the front and rear covers. Kyle had them but obviously was in no mood to assist after being fired so close to Christmas time 2007 and Tracy did not own the tools himself.

So I started posting on Corvette forum about how to acquire the tools and seeking info on them. Obviously I needed them to complete the assembly of my motor. Although the time line is fuzzy, I was still technically working as part of RevX when I borrowed the tools. What I should have done was clarify that these were for my personal use and not for the shop. But to be honest, I really wasn’t thinking about little things like that as I was focused on getting my motor completed. Turns out a very generous forum member offered to loan me the tools. I offered a deposit, he declined. Said he knew my rep on the forum and we were good. He sent them to me, but they were delayed arriving to me, the box ripped open and was in tatters when I received it. I took pics and sent to the owner of the tools. I told him I would use a stronger box and insure them when I return them. Alas, stupid me, I should have just bought the dang tools for 500 bucks. However I had to replace my heads as they were cracked and the budget was tight.

This tool transaction came back to bite me in the ass. I paid for the return shipping via the internet for the post office. I messed up the weight and didn’t include enough postage. I was short $1.38. However I didn’t know it at the time, I sent the package out right when I moved. I meant to use my new return address but on the USPS web site it defaults to the address on your credit card and I didn’t uncheck the box. My neighbor across the street had become good friends with me. He was an older gentleman and I looked after him and his wife. After eight years there we had become close.

Well, Dom is his name, saw the mail man and took the package trying to help me out and figured he would see me in the neighborhood as I still worked in the neighborhood school but had moved 45 mins. North. Unfortunately Dom suffered a stroke and was not able to get over to the school and give the package to me. I had no idea what had happened to the package. I filed insurance claims with USPS and they kept denying them, claiming the package was never picked up. I had a lawyer write a letter to USPS threatening breach of contract and that cost me 85 bucks. But litigation would have cost me more then the value of the tools so I worked out a deal to pay the owner out of my pocket. Thankfully Dom recovered and showed up at my school with the package and I was finally able to return the tools. My fault though, had I slowed down and paid attention to what I was doing and put in the correct return address for my new residence the tools would have been back to the owner much sooner. But I accept the responsibility, totally my fault.

cont
Unread 12-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
Bradzvette

Name :
Default My Character, or lack there of...... last one

Lets see what else, oh I had a deal on an LS2 throttle body go south. I paid 100 and we were going to trade LS6 injectors for the difference then he changed his mind so I sent him two payments of 50 bucks each. Took a little while but was taken care of.

At times, yes I have posted things negatively about my experiences with RevX and what I did not like about their business practices and how they treated customers. In retrospect, I wish I hadn’t. I realize now sometimes its better to let people learn things for themselves, I can’t save everyone. There are a lot of things I wish about all of this but I cant go back, all I can do is move forward and learn my lessons.

Let me say this again, this is all about my mistakes, my errors in judgment, nothing else. I offer no excuses, just insight. I am to blame for these problems.

What I have learned is that I need to slow down some times and devote my attention to one thing at a time. I have to recognize when I am in over my head and walk away. It is just hard sometimes because I have had to be a fighter all my life, nothing ever given to me.

I also know to NEVER EVER do business with friends and to NEVER EVER take anything for free or in trade. That is a mistake I will not make again. There are no freebies in life, everything has a cost regardless.

The biggest cost this situation has had on me is that all of these things add up and have given someone ammunition to use against me and to send PMs to other members about these issues. At times, I have remained silent due to the obvious length in explaining everything. Hopefully, with all of this out in the open, there is nothing left to be used against me. But who knows. A few members in the Corvette Community who know me well know the whole truth about all of this including wrongs done to me, and still support me and believe it or not, respect me, but I am not going to point fingers and make accusations or state what I feel was done wrong to me, I take full responsibility for my actions and I apologize.

All I can try to do is learn from my mistakes, own up to them and try not to make the same ones. Obviously I didn’t learn that for a period of time in my choices over a year or so but I see that clearly now.

In retrospect moving was a major episode and took a lot of time and I should have set aside everything else and took care of that major task first, then worked on the car. I should have severed ties early on with the shop that is also plainly clear to me.

My whole purpose for this novel of a post was and is to remove the ammunition a particular person has against me. Do I believe all that I have written? Absolutely.

The last thing I want to be is a distraction on this forum. It is quite clear to me that even after 2 plus years the negative PMs are still being sent out and things are not left in the past. I hope this once and for all resolves it.

Would my leaving this forum help? I will do that if the members feel it would. My form of punishment for poor judgment. I can accept that. I will abide by the will of the members.

I wish everyone and their families a safe and happy holiday season.

Thank you
Unread 12-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow View Post
Would my leaving this forum help? I will do that if the members feel it would. My form of punishment for poor judgment. I can accept that. I will abide by the will of the members.
Well, I think I can answer that one...

Everyone is welcome here as long as they are not GROSSLY out of line in respect to the manner in which they interface with the other members and staff. And quite frankly, I haven't seen that from you.

Will everyone here always agree with everyone else over ALL matters? Of course not! But as long as we can have mature discussions concerning even volatile personal and professional issues, perhaps they can be resolved, or at least both sides understanding the other's point of view enough that people don't become mortal enemies over it.

That's my take on it, anyway.....
Unread 12-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@TheCorvetteShow View Post
...Would my leaving this forum help? I will do that if the members feel it would. My form of punishment for poor judgment. I can accept that. I will abide by the will of the members...
Who the F**k are you again? Are you new here?

Chill man! Damn that was a novel and coming from me, that says a lot!

I agree with Rich. Everyone's welcome here and I don't think you'll here any hue and cry for your head (I'll keep the machete sharp just in case )

The one big question I have is...why did you give back the $50.00 commission on the tunnel sale?

If JP was that concerned, why not let HIM refund the dudes money

And I loved this:
Quote:
I don't have patience for adults
Ain't that the God's honest truth? (in my best Bill Clinton voice: I feel your pain...)

Anyway, that took a lot to bare your soul here.
We all have scars and skeletons. Some more obvious than others.

Hopefully this will be the end of the troubles between the 2 of you and everyone can move forward peacefully

Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season!!

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
Bradzvette

Name :

I posted what I did to avoid being a hypocrite in my own mind. I preach to my students and players (yes I am coaching again, I was dragged back in at my new high school) to give more then you take in this life. And I felt that due to the perceptions and negativity surrounding my presence here based on past events that it was distracting from my contributions to the forum. The contributions in my mind that I try to make here and give back on the forum are from an individual's perspective doing all of their own work in their driveway. I did not feel that was happening anymore.

Thus I felt it prudent to practice what I preach. In no way shape or form was this a ploy for sympathy. I merely accepted the fact in looking back that I had choices to make in each situation that happened in the past and that the choices I made were mine. Further realizing too that I had the power to choose a different path that might have changed things and I should have made better choices, PERIOD! I certainly would have made better ones if I had the chance to do it all over again. But that is a Hollywood script, not life. So I try to learn.

I had stayed away from the forum for a while and refrained from posting things on several occasions (I was even thinking of being a supporting vendor for my PC business) just because I knew what would be the result; a constant and sustained attack against me. It does tend to get old after a while. But I completely blame myself, no one else.

And although my greatest gratitude is towards Rich and Gordon for their support, without the belief from the collective forum community as a whole of my ability to be a contributor here, I become a detractor instead. Satisfaction in my life is at its highest when I feel I make a difference and give something back, which is why I teach. I want to feel that way here too. I hope you understand.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers
Unread 12-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
Bradzvette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Who the F**k are you again? Are you new here? You stole that line from my wife damnit. LMAO

Chill man! Damn that was a novel and coming from me, that says a lot!
I was aiming at breaking your record, but at least I broke it down into several posts so folks could read it easier.

I agree with Rich. Everyone's welcome here and I don't think you'll here any hue and cry for your head (I'll keep the machete sharp just in case )
Have you checked your hearing????

The one big question I have is...why did you give back the $50.00 commission on the tunnel sale?
I didn't, thus was part of the friction and hard feelings from the other party. I retrospect, I should have though, would have made things better, not worth it for 50 bucks, I was stupid to stand on principle.

If JP was that concerned, why not let HIM refund the dudes money

And I loved this:

Ain't that the God's honest truth? (in my best Bill Clinton voice: I feel your pain...)

Anyway, that took a lot to bare your soul here.
We all have scars and skeletons. Some more obvious than others.

Hopefully this will be the end of the troubles between the 2 of you and everyone can move forward peacefully

I hope so too.

Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season!!

Gordon
Gordon, thank you, you have been a friend to me since day one here and I can't thank you enough. You have been and always will be a class act, and my friend as trying as it can be at times.

Thank you brother.