The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > General BS forum

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General BS forum I guess this will be for anything that would seem to be off topic in any other forum here. Just general shootin' the breeze kind of topics.

Unread 03-28-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough
Default Hello?

Awfully quiet in here. Is everybody alright? We're spending the weekend in Canada, it's supposed to be warm tomorrow. Somewhere in the 50's.
Unread 03-29-2020, 12:04 AM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Heck, it has been too quiet in here for years. Can't seem to get most people to find anything to talk about, I guess.

I just got done doing my taxes, and have been reading a lot about this coronavirus thing. In lockdown mode here at home now. Only planning on going to the post office maybe once or twice a week, and likely after hours.

Spending time working in the yard. Got my informal shooting range cleared out, so I can sight in some guns I have never fired. So I have stuff to keep me busy.

Temps have been getting up into the mid and upper 80s here lately. Glad Canada isn't freezing you solid.

Stay healthy. Lots of cases of the virus going around apparently, and it looks like it is going to get worse before it gets better.
Unread 03-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #3
85vette

Name :

Yeah, they're taking this thing pretty serious up here in Canada. I've never been exposed to so much hand sanitizer in my life! But it's probably better to over react than not. We're good. pretty well isolated as we stay in the truck 99% of the time and wear gloves anytime we fuel up. Truckers are about the only ones allowed to cross the border now and the roads are absent many drivers due to staying home I guess. There is a huge Ford plant up here and it's parking lots are empty with yellow "DO NOT ENTER" tape at their entry ways. I guess all the car dealers will be suffering this year. Maybe they'll be making deals once they get back to "normal". Y'all stay safe! I'll stay in touch.
Unread 03-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
Rich Z

Last few times I gassed up any of our vehicles I used disposable gloves too. Then used sanitizer, and then when I got home washed my hands thoroughly.

Be careful about the alcohol based hand sanitizer in cold temps and dry air. The alcohol can dry out your skin so badly that it can crack and bleed, and then leave open entry points for pathogens.

The airborne nature of this virus seems to be not well understood (at least publicly), so bear that in mind.

Stay well!
Unread 04-04-2020, 07:24 PM   #5
85vette

Name :

We've made two trips from Canada to Miami this week. Traffic is noticeably lighter, hardly anything that resembles a rush hour. I drive nights and it's pretty much just me and some other trucks on the road. It's hard to find anything other than fast food now. Folks living paycheck to paycheck are the ones really hurting these days. People sleeping in their cars in rest areas and truck stops. We went to work for a small Canadian company that hauls medicines back and forth from Canada to the US. The large company we left lost $70 million in revenues last week and many of their trucks are sitting. We are blessed. Lay low my friends, let's hope and pray this thing peaks soon.
Unread 04-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #6
Rich Z

Wakulla County has 5 confirmed cases now. We're trying to stay in, but have to run to the post office now and again. Want to go after hours, but a couple of places we ordered some stuff from that was supposed to be shipped via UPS and delivered to our home went to the post office instead. So we have to go there to the counter to pick them up. USPS doesn't deliver to our home address since we only have to post office box with them.

Seemed like a good idea up till now.