The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 04-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default 2001 Mag Red II 6 Speed Vortech Supercharged.

PLEASE READ THIS AD FULLY AND CAREFULLY

Well unforeseen circumstances have forced my hand, and I have decided I need to try and sell her, the deciding factor is that my father is scheduled for major back surgery and being on a family farm I will now be responsible for the majority of all the work to come this spring and summer and simply will not have the time to take care of her the way she deserves, and I will not be able to do the part time work I was to help pay for her. I love this car, the way it sounds, looks, and performs, I wouldn't hesitate to drive her back to Florida where I bought her right this second, it kinda kills me to have to sell her, she still is my dream C5.

That being said, anyone who has read my posts knows that this car has been less than kind to me and I have come to believe it was very misrepresented to me when I purchased it. I paid $25k for the car and since getting her home have dumped over $6k in repairs into her I do believe I have come to the end of trouble and have taken two 500 mile road trips since getting everything fixed with no new problems arising. I however would rather fully disclose every thing I know about the car and potentially scare off a sale rather than have someone get into something they didn't know about. There will be a section below detailing everything that I have had done and also a section of known issues.

Price is $23,621, as that is what I currently need to pay the loan off.

I do have the clean title in hand which was released to me to facilitate the sale by my farm credit union. The price will come down monthly to reflect what I currently owe. I do not want anyone thinking I am trying to make anything off of this car, my only goal is to get out from underneath it. I was previously employed as a full time police officer but returned to the family farm over a year ago, I still part time with a local pd however, just encase someone wants a bit of credibility from me, might hurt my cred with some folks.

Basics
  • Current price : $23621
  • Year - 2001
  • Color - Magnetic Red II
  • Transmission - 6 speed Manual
  • Mileage ~53000 with aprox 20k on the motor
  • Factory options - Heads up Display, power sports seats, telescoping steering wheel, magnetic ride control "may add more here, need to locate the build sheet"
  • Location - Panhandle of Nebraska
Powertrain
  • Lingenfelter/Livernois Forged Low Comp. Engine
  • 9:1 Compression
  • Heads/Cam 20k miles
  • Vortech Supercharger V1 T Trim freshly rebuilt less than 5k on it
  • 6lb Pully
  • Blow off valve - not sure on make or current setting
  • Black Wing Intake
  • NGK Plugs
  • 60lb injectors
  • Racetronix Pump & Wiring Kit
  • Kenne Belle Boost a Pump
  • Lingenfelter Long tube headers
  • Corsa Pacecar catback with cats removed and new 02 sensors
  • LED shift light - never seen it come on personally as I have never taken it much above 5k rpm
  • Brand new optima red top battery
  • Fresh tune from reliable tuner, previous tune put down around 560wrhp on a dynojet, new tune was around 515 rwhp on a mustang dyno
  • Few underhood dress up items, Plenum cover, red, fuel rail covers, red radiator cover, fuse center cover, power steering reservoir cover, fender covers, stainless screws on fenders, and a few other small accents.
Drivetrain
  • ACT Twin Disk Clutch - Nearly new
  • New RPM stage 2 3.73 Rear Differential with c6 shafts purchased from Lingenfelter - less than 1k on it
  • Torque tube replaced with a 20k mile unit
  • Transmission replaced with a 20k mile unit
  • MGW Shifter
  • Skip shift elliminator
  • 19" Front and 20" Rear HRE 541Rs, freshly polished wrapped in 60-70% rubber
  • Baer Rotors
  • Reinforced tunnel plate
  • Stainless Steel Lines
  • Clutch Bleeder
  • New Pilot bearing
Exterior
  • Paint overall 9 out of 10
  • Front/back bumper lower fascias painted matte black
  • Powdercoated Mag Red II Calipers with chrome pad covers
  • Depo headlights with HID lowbeams, covers painted to match
  • Clear Front turn signal housings with black accents
  • Switchback LEDs in front turn signals
  • Rear LED tail lights with Halo mod
  • LED side marker light
  • Adjure rear plate mount with LED bulbs
  • Chrome billet grill
  • Chrome Front and rear corvette emblems with Carbon fiber overlay
  • Custom C5R side emblems
  • Alluminum/Carbon Fiber Fuel race style fuel door "Also included is factory fuel door.
  • Exhaust plate with emblem
  • Front and rear chrome inserts
  • Remote Control Hideaway Front License Plate mount
  • Front and side frame protectors
  • Dark tint, very dark.
Interior/Electronics
  • Interior overall is a 9 out of 10, no rips tears or stains, imo looks nearly new
  • Double DIN Console with Pioneer AVIC DVD/Nav
  • Rear View camera
  • Hyperflash module
  • Push button start "Currently disabled"
  • 2 Rockford fosgate amplifiers on rear deck in amp rack. 1 for sub and 1 for all other speakers.
  • JL 10-w3 Sub woofer in a probox.
  • All interior lights converted to blue LED
  • 2 gauge A pillar with Fuel pressure and Boost gauges
  • Window Valet
  • Smoothed interior plastics painted gloss black
  • Console also partially wrapped in red leather
  • Redline Goods leather accents (console lid, door arm rests, etc)
  • Aluminum Gauge Bezels
  • Vinyl inserts on airbags
  • Sound deadening throughout interior
  • Chrome door sill protectors
  • Travel buddy cup holder
  • Chrome C5 logo on console near where the waterfall would be
What all went wrong for me
  • Car was represented as mechanically perfect... was not the case
  • Drove her home little over 1800 miles with the only issue being a slight squeak that sounded like a belt. Previous owner told me it was the serpentine belt slipping and that "all S/C cars do this a little" I was dumb and accepted this is fact.
  • Once home noticed that she was leaking oil from the rear which looked like a rear axle seal.
  • Took her to a very reputable shop "not a sponsor here but can provide all receipts" and discovered it was the seal between the rear and the transmission
  • Upon draining differential noticed allot of metal flakes. Opened up the rear and it was grenaded I never even heard a sound or felt a vibration.
  • I spent the money on a good rear thinking that would be all I needed. And while there had them investigate the squeak I had been hearing.
  • The alternator was bad, S/C pulley was shot, as well as the idler pulley. Upon closer inspection my power steering pump bolts had backed out far enough to contact the pulley, and also my supercharger bolts were backed out as well and it was barely hanging on. Thankfully the only damage was to the pulleys. And I was told that the only way that really could of happened is if they were not torqued to begin with.
  • Got her home and the first time out I lost 2nd and 4th gear
  • Back in the shop the transmission fluid is clear but upon opening the magnets and covered in metal shavings.
  • Discover that pilot bearing, torque tube/shaft, and transmission all need replaced.
  • I spent all I had saved up on the differential so I went with a used torque tube and transmission out of a 20k mile car.

All of the above has been repaired
  • Good news is she shifts great now, there are no more squeaks only the supercharger whine, and the nothing leaks from the rear whatsoever.
All of the current issues I know of
  • Small engine oil leak from what I am told is the oil pan gasket, very minor and I guess very common as well? requires adding NO oil between changes.
  • Oil Pressure sending unit is on its way out - works intermittently
  • She likes to idle a little high sometimes, not sure if its the nature of my cam or what, never really concerned me allot.
  • Service ride control message on DIC - appears to be left rear shock it was on my list to repair but kinda spend all I had just to get her back on the road, doesn't seem to effect the ride or performance at all so may just be a sensor
  • Tire pressure sensors removed by previous owner
  • Some of the LEDS in the interior flicker
  • Minor curb rash on one of the rims "might just repair that here soon"
  • Rear deck of car if you catch it in the right light appears that there use to be a spoiler mounted to the car and you can see the old attachment points I believe, took me 1800 miles of driving and walking around it to finally see them but full disclosure here.
  • One of the switchbacks is burned out on the front but I plan on ordering one tonight, just noticed it today.
Also included
  • Seat rock repair kit will be installed if I have time
  • Fender Cove screens will also be installed if I have time
  • Very nice indoor car cover "the stretchy kind"
  • A binder with all the reciepts from previous owner and myself, before my repairs the total amount of receipts was around $48k in modifications.
Contact Information
  • I check this website daily so feel free to pm me
  • 308-360-1947 is my cell phone feel free to text me, you can call as well but if you can text me first because I tend to not answer unknown numbers
PICS
There will be some more pics coming for now I have the ones from the previous owner, nothing has changed from the pics except the stripes on the radiator tank, and windshield washer tank are gone as they were peeling so I removed them. Will also post a dyno video if desired. Just haven't got them uploaded yet.

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote