The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 01-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS (For Sale) 1968 Coupe L79 4spd Numbers matching Cruiser - Jacksonville FL

1968 Chevrolet Corvette T-top coupe, L-79 with 4-spd - - - Asking $24,500 - - -

Summary: very nice cruiser/driver condition, matching numbers first year C3 that has been tastefully modified for reliability and enjoyment. Optioned with high output 327, 4spd transmission, posi-traction, manual disc brakes, no AC.

Link to Google Photos (~100 pics)

Link to video 1

Link to video 2

Link to video 3

Link to video 4

Ownership history: I have owned the car for nearly 10 years (in Jacksonville). I purchased it from what appears to be the original or second owner’s son. It had been in storage (port orange) for around 10 years prior to me purchasing. According to the previous owner, they had rebuilt the engine and repainted the car prior to putting it in storage when the fathers heath declined. Believe they bought it in Lakeland and lived near Miami. I have most of the original documentation from initial purchase. Many boxes of original parts (carburetor, wiper motor, water pump, alternator, trim, steering wheel, etc) will be included in the sale.

Factory options: Included when I bought the car was the “tank tag” which provides the options installed on the car. “L79” – 350hp 327 4-barrel carbureted and high lift camshaft engine. “G81” – posi-traction rear differential. “M20” – 4-speed manual transmission.

Work performed during my ownership:

Within the last 5 years / 1500 miles:

-complete front and rear suspension overhaul: new bushings, new bearings, Van Steel Street and Slalom kit (sway bars front and rear, shocks, springs, adjustable rear lower links), Van Steel rear trailing arms, all wearable components were replaced. VPB refurbished brake calipers, Hawk brake pads, SS flexible brake lines, refurbished master cylinder, new brake rotors. Borgeson power steering system replacing the hydraulic ram.

-differential complete rebuilt to factory likeness by Van Steel. Driveshaft refurbished by Driveline services.

-intake gasket replaced, pertronix electric ignition (replaces points) installed, new valve covers and gaskets, Stewart water pump, thermostat, clutch linkage and pivot shaft, starter, last oil change January 2019.

-overhaul wiper system and automated, vacuum actuated wiper door assembly. New wiper motor, wipers, door vacuum components.

5-10 years ago:

-refreshing of interior. New seat foam and seat upholstery, stripped to floorplan and installation of dynamat insulation, new carpet, new center console, new speakers, digital radio (aux/usb inputs). Repaired gauges (all work, except clock), new steering wheel (smaller diameter), added 3-point seat belts, battery cutout switch.

-exhaust upgrade. Hooker long tube headers, coated and wrapped, full length Magnaflow SS system.

-radiator and core support replaced with big-block engine setup. Multi-core aluminum radiator, fan clutch replaced. Belts and hoses.

-new tires, removed the spare tire carrier (retained carrier).

-vacuum operated headlight system refreshed. New hoses, new operators and vacuum valves

Work performed by previous owner (~15-20 years ago);

-new fuel tank

-rebuilding of original engine

-base + clear coat paint to original color, color sanding and buff

Pricing:

To price the vehicle, I have followed the market for the past several years. Obviously, no two 50 year old corvettes are in the same condition. This car has cosmetic blemishes but has had suspension and drivetrain work that (typically) only fully restored cars have undergone. Limited owners, desirable options, desirable modifications, original paperwork and parts, stored/driven in Florida should also be considered when trying to value. Goes without saying that numbers matching engine to chassis is valued by most corvette enthusiasts. On the down side, there are many flaws/blemishes that are typical of older fiberglass cars and the car has not been “frame-off” restored. The Muncie transmission leaks but doesn’t leave drops, the inner doors window mechanism needs refurbishment and the heater core leaked, so I have plugged it off. Hagerty estimates that L-79 coupes, with 4spd manual transmissions in Concours condition to be worth ~$54k. Excellent condition ~$40k. Good condition ~$23k. Fair condition ~$14k.

Sellers motivation:

I have owned the car for nearly 10 years. I bought it out of a storage unit and got it running to a high level. As a mechanical engineer I have done the projects on the car I find enjoyable and rewarding as a driver. In the past 10 years I have had 2 kids and added 2 other project cars. Plain and simple, the ’68 is being neglected – I rarely drive it. Financially, I don’t need to sell it.

Request of buyer:

Look at the photos provided. I have done all I can to ensure the representation online is as reflective as possible of the car in person; so as to not waste your time. Do not waste my time by sending offers without seeing the car in person. Please do not take time out of my schedule by asking to see the car if you are not truly serious about purchasing and prepared financially to make a fair offer. Watch all the videos I have provided links too, the exhaust sound and performance are well represented – it’s a driver! Plan on paying with a cashiers check that will be deposited at my credit union prior to signing of the title (at the bank) and deliver/pickup of car and included parts/paperwork. Please provide an email address and cell phone number in your PM.

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote