The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > Member to Member Services

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Member to Member Services This forum is for members to help, and to seek help from, other members with their expertise and requests for expertise. This is outside of car related stuff, such as repairs, mods, etc. Things like plumbing problems, construction, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 08-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
Cor66Vette

Name :
Cor66Vette has disabled reputation
Default My pool pump sucks ...

... air that is. Air is getting into the system and blowing out the return jets like crazy. I can't figure out from where. Water level is fine. I checked the o-ring at the union on the suction side of the pump (did the same at the discharge side although I'm told that shouldn't matter) and I checked the gasket/o-ring on the pump cover. That gasket didn't look the greatest so I'll change it out tomorrow, but it should be good enough not to suck air. The impeller isn't stiff or stuck- it moves freely.

What I did notice and is new, is that the pump doesn't get filled with water like it used to. Would be the water could be seen flowing around at the very top of the cover, but now the level is only about half. Also, the bottom cleaner moves very slowly- and I measure very little suction at the cleaner port (where the hose connects).

I searched the interweb, and did the youtube thing and got some ideas, but nothing made a difference. Any ideas? Thanks.
Cor66Vette is offline   Reply With Quote