The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > The Ranting Room

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

The Ranting Room Got a gripe about life? Want to sound off about the unfairness of the universe? Does something just REALLY piss you off? Well, come on in and talk about it!

Unread 06-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation
Default Where Have All the Posters Gone

I've been reading and posting here for little over a year. I would log on and there was always new threads in about all the topic's/ Sub-Forums.
There was always plenty of responses.
New members are joining daily, but the activity doesn't appear to be what it was. I notice a few members who were very active, don't post much anymore and a lot of the new members don't post.
I for one don't post as much, except for in the Event and Happenings Forum because of the issue I have with timing out. I've even notice myself going to Corvette Forum more and even posting there .
Is this lack of posts a figment of my imagination or is it happening?
Unread 06-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5Rick View Post
I've been reading and posting here for little over a year. I would log on and there was always new threads in about all the topic's/ Sub-Forums.
There was always plenty of responses.
New members are joining daily, but the activity doesn't appear to be what it was. I notice a few members who were very active, don't post much anymore and a lot of the new members don't post.
I for one don't post as much, except for in the Event and Happenings Forum because of the issue I have with timing out. I've even notice myself going to Corvette Forum more and even posting there .
Is this lack of posts a figment of my imagination or is it happening?
Lot of stuff going on this time of year with schools getting out, graduations, job, fuel prices, all have an impact.

I've notices some of the old timers (Like Ray) are not around much lately but I'm guessing it's more due to his business than anything else Some of the others (like Madn3ss) are back

We just need to generate more activity. Post more and people will respond.

Quote:
I've even notice myself going to Corvette Forum more and even posting there
That might be part of the problem

Seiously though, I too look at other international sites as well since our (international) site is kind of DIW for now. Thats just one i choose to skip.

Pretty fed up with the petty attitudes of some and the smart arsed mod/Gods.

One of the folks from there (obviously a moderator), signed into the Guru a couple of weeks back and slammed everyone with petit comments and commentary, but he did it from a proxy server.
Didn't even have the juevos to identify himself (we pretty much know who it was, but chose not to identify him). I found it pretty childish and petty, not to mention pretty Charlie Sierra if you ask me, but not uncommonly par for the course
Since then, I've noticed an "interesting absence" of post by a couple here. Probably just a coincidence

Things will get better with time, just keep posting and they will come

We need to set up some events and generate some activity, but again, with everything else going on right now, it's just a common slowdown. I've seen it on all the sites (even CF)

Planning on seeing you at the 1st annual AntiVenom/HobNob/CorvetteFlorida BBQ
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
C5Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Lot of stuff going on this time of year with schools getting out, graduations, job, fuel prices, all have an impact.

I've notices some of the old timers (Like Ray) are not around much lately but I'm guessing it's more due to his business than anything else Some of the others (like Madn3ss) are back

We just need to generate more activity. Post more and people will respond.

That might be part of the problem

Seiously though, I too look at other international sites as well since our (international) site is kind of DIW for now. Thats just one i choose to skip.

Pretty fed up with the petty attitudes of some and the smart arsed mod/Gods.

One of the folks from there (obviously a moderator), signed into the Guru a couple of weeks back and slammed everyone with petit comments and commentary, but he did it from a proxy server.
Didn't even have the juevos to identify himself (we pretty much know who it was, but chose not to identify him). I found it pretty childish and petty, not to mention pretty Charlie Sierra if you ask me, but not uncommonly par for the course
Since then, I've noticed an "interesting absence" of post by a couple here. Probably just a coincidence

Things will get better with time, just keep posting and they will come

We need to set up some events and generate some activity, but again, with everything else going on right now, it's just a common slowdown. I've seen it on all the sites (even CF)

Planning on seeing you at the 1st annual AntiVenom/HobNob/CorvetteFlorida BBQ
Yep noticed them missing as well. Se ya on the 14th
Unread 06-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
Shadow

Name :

Looking forward to it.

Come on folks. This place is centrally located and near the interstate. Lets have a party at Anti Venom on the 14th!
Unread 06-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Beats me.... My other sites have slowed down as well. Probably more people are spending time outside and not sitting in front of the computer as much.

As for the timeout issue you mentioned, Rick, can you pinpoint it to anything specific that you do or where you post? And does anyone else have this problem? I haven't noticed it myself, so it's not something I can get a handle on if I don't have a symptom I can work with.
Unread 06-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
C5Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Beats me.... My other sites have slowed down as well. Probably more people are spending time outside and not sitting in front of the computer as much.

As for the timeout issue you mentioned, Rick, can you pinpoint it to anything specific that you do or where you post? And does anyone else have this problem? I haven't noticed it myself, so it's not something I can get a handle on if I don't have a symptom I can work with.
It comes and goes. A lot of times when I go to post it takes forever or times out. We've dicussed this issue before as it seems to be only me. I've tried Firefox which doesn't help here but it does on CF. go figure.
It occurs when trying to log on, post , just accessing a particular forum or the site in general. I would say minimum 25% of the time
Unread 06-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Maybe people can't afford the things they used to enjoy. Seems this country is in big time trouble.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
Shadow

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Maybe people can't afford the things they used to enjoy. Seems this country is in big time trouble.
Ain't that the truth brother

And the weather is getting nice and as Rich said, a lot of people are doing things outside, taking vacations and such, that don't require a computer

A lot of places are slow. It'll pick back up again
Unread 06-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
C5Rick

I was comparing to the same period as last year. I thought with the economy more people would be at home, but then again, I'm usually wrong.
Unread 06-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
als2052
Road Trip!

Name :
als2052 is on a distinguished road

Rick,

Been lurking myself here nightly and noticed lack of activity. Nothing really happening so have not posted as I used to...Will have to do something about it...Been wanting to go to some of your outings but the price of gas and my need for new tires has held me back...

Armando