The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 06-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
xtrememotorsports

Name :
xtrememotorsports is on a distinguished road
Default WHY THE CORVETTE FORUM SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!

I am a supporting member of the Corvette Forum,obviously not enough.I accumulate stock parts from customers cars and sell them to people who need them along with my personal parts pile I have from building race cars and other adventures.Most of the time I only respond to people who say I need this part,sometimes I will post a small Lot of parts to sell.This is the P.M.
I got today.This tells me they only care about the money generated by advertisement and not the corvette communities wants and needs.

Greetings,
I noticed you have have had many threads where you are selling parts off of corvettes.
If these parts are not off your car, rather off your customers cars, you are in violation of the forum rules.

"Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.

Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they purchased for their own personal use. Anything else is considered to be a commercial sale.

No links or reference to eBay sales or any other auction or sales sites, please. If the sale is appropriate for the Forum, post it on the Forum, rather than linking to it elsewhere.

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, etc.) and so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

Only supporting vendors can post Group Purchase threads.

Members can include a mention of their personal businesses in their signatures so long as the enterprise does not compete with an existing supporting vendor, is not Corvette-related and is not so detailed or so frequently appended to their posts that it becomes inappropriate marketing and promotion."

If your posting only items that belong to you, let me know and I will re-open your thread.

Jeff
Mvcrash on the Cf
xtrememotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Well, FWIW Chris, we're happy you're here
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
xtrememotorsports

Name :
Default Thanks

Thanks man,
This is why I decided to sponsor this site and I always promote this site,Its not all about the money.It is more about the people and I have yet to hear anything negative on this site.

Unread 06-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

For a lot of reasons, I believe this thread would be more appropriately placed in the Board Of Inquiry forum here. Therefore I am moving it there.

That being said, quite a few people were surprised that I chose not to run this site the same way as quite a few other Corvette related sites are run. This site is MEMBER driven, not SPONSOR driven. And as a member myself, quite frankly I really appreciate seeing anyone and everyone making offers to me (along with everyone else) for items and services to sell. I personally am not comfortable holding sellers, that I believe most members would like to hear from anyway, as hostages preventing them from reaching an appreciative audience, by requiring that they pay me for that privilege.

That is not saying that CF and others are right or wrong at all. It's just that I have a different perspective and attitude about such things. Paid sponsors are certainly appreciated and welcomed, but they will not be booted in the butt because they don't line my pockets.

Just treat the members here right, please. That is what is important to me.
Unread 06-16-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
fletcher4u

Name : Bob Fletcher
fletcher4u has disabled reputation

THAY SUCK
fletcher4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememotorsports View Post
I am a supporting member of the Corvette Forum,obviously not enough.I accumulate stock parts from customers cars and sell them to people who need them along with my personal parts pile I have from building race cars and other adventures.Most of the time I only respond to people who say I need this part,sometimes I will post a small Lot of parts to sell.
There is a difference between a "supporting member" and "supporting vendor".
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/member.php?u=240082

It is obvious you are skirting the "supporting vendor" rule, by selling parts from your business (I understand they are take offs). Also your user name is your business name and you have your business name in your signature. To me this means you are using the forum to advertise your business.
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
xtrememotorsports

Name :
Default BANNED!!!!!!!!

Well I will now only be making post on this site seeing how I was BANNED from the corvette forum.

Unread 06-16-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Hey Rich! We need a POPCORN smiley
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 11:53 PM   #9
LS2POWA
Team Afterhours Member

Name : Corey Metz
LS2POWA is on a distinguished road

Unread 06-17-2008, 02:07 AM   #10
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememotorsports View Post
Well I will now only be making post on this site seeing how I was BANNED from the corvette forum.

Banned? Why? Did you say anything to them after you got that reprimand?