The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 09-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #21
C5Rick

Name : Rick Hice
C5Rick has disabled reputation

I believe the reputation system has flaw built in flaws. What one sees as a valued post another can see it as " What" the He** I never liked the old subjective VS objective thing or who's the most popular. I come here for a lot of reasons and being judged isn't at the top of the list. Even if it's in fun, some people can still get their feelings hurt.
I mentioned before about another forum I belonged to when I had slot cars. It was set up so members could make monetary contributions. The was a contribution page which you could have your name and amount donated displayed or you could make it anonymously. The date for the payments was shown so people would know when to contributions were needed.
Other then working on the financial aspects, I like the way it is now.
Unread 09-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #22
dark_phantom

Name :
dark_phantom is on a distinguished road

Can I get a special one? Since I'm "Member 101."
Z06 widebody, brakes and sway bars; HRE 543R black with polish lip; bilstein shocks; magnaflow's 15884 exhaust system; 44 LED 3rd brake light; GS stripes; tinted windows and more.
Custom cobalt red & black two tone leather interior by DownSouthVettes and some of Pipedreams' items.
dark_phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 04:59 AM   #23
98 softtail
Bug Killer

Name :
98 softtail will become famous soon enough98 softtail will become famous soon enough

I just thought about this,

Rich, if we are going to be paying members, then we should be a certified club, with all the rights and priveliges granted to a paying membership.

I mean things like; formal recognition at car shows, the ability to write on entry forms "CorvetteFlorida.com" and that be a valid club.

Then you have the task of appointing club officers, Creating an online Club Meeting, creating a Bank Account to take care of the membership dues, and to account for where the money(membership dues) will be spent, such as statewide club picnics, regional gatherings or even giveaways from sponsors.

Since it is "CorvetteFlorida" and there are members statewide, you are going to have to create "Regions" to accomidate the local members. If people are paying, they want something in return, a regional party, get-together, or something for their money.

Everyone likes this website because it is free, and the quality of people that have made this website home because of that.

When you start asking for membership dues or even donations, you are creating a "Partnership", unless those monies are openly given as a "GIFT", or religious donation without any expectation of reimbursment of any kind.(and even monies given to the church have an expectation on gratitude from GOD).
We would just be giving you our money.

I would guess that you would have to create some sort of a "501" corporation for tax purposes.

Give it some thought...
98 softtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 06:46 AM   #24
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

(In my best Foghorn-Leghorn voice) Damn! I say Damn son!! It took the boy this long to get this far! Lets not confuse him son...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail

Rich, if we are going to be paying members, then we should be a certified club, with all the rights and priveliges granted to a paying membership.

I mean things like; formal recognition at car shows, the ability to write on entry forms "CorvetteFlorida.com" and that be a valid club.

Then you have the task of appointing club officers, Creating an online Club Meeting, creating a Bank Account to take care of the membership dues, and to account for where the money(membership dues) will be spent, such as statewide club picnics, regional gatherings or even giveaways from sponsors.

Since it is "CorvetteFlorida" and there are members statewide, you are going to have to create "Regions" to accomidate the local members. If people are paying, they want something in return, a regional party, get-together, or something for their money.

Everyone likes this website because it is free, and the quality of people that have made this website home because of that.

When you start asking for membership dues or even donations, you are creating a "Partnership", unless those monies are openly given as a "GIFT", or religious donation without any expectation of reimbursment of any kind.(and even monies given to the church have an expectation on gratitude from GOD).

I would guess that you would have to create some sort of a "501" corporation for tax purposes.

Give it some thought...
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 07:15 AM   #25
larrybroga
Vett'n since 1961

Name : Larry Broga
larrybroga is on a distinguished road

Rich, please consider my contribution a religious donation. I have "worshiped" Corvettes for the past 46 years, I consider my garage a sanctuary and my wife is always preaching to me. I think that covers all the bases, I mean pews!!!

Growing old is inevitable !
Growing up is optional !!!!
larrybroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #26
THOR

Name :
THOR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybroga
Rich, please consider my contribution a religious donation. I have "worshiped" Corvettes for the past 46 years, I consider my garage a sanctuary and my wife is always preaching to me. I think that covers all the bases, I mean pews!!!
AMEN to that!!!!!
THOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #27
Kap142

Name :
Kap142 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Do I hear a hallelujah?

Ditto what Larry said.
Unread 09-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #28
SteveK
Car Show DJ

Name :
SteveK will become famous soon enough

Can I get an Amen!

I expect nothing from my transfer of funds from 1 friend to another.

Rich does an incredible job of hosting and maintaining this site for all of us. No one is forced to make a contribution, it is totally up to each individual.

I have a web server and I host car dealerships, realtors, etc.... they pay me to host them, it cost money to have that computer hook up to the internet. Yes, Rich offers this for free, but trust me, he is paying to keep it going.

Remember those things in life that are free, are usually worth what you pay for them!

Charter Member #64
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #29
Ms. AntiVenom
Vicious Evil Person

Name :
Ms. AntiVenom will become famous soon enough

Quote:

we have allready tried that one with the tax people, "the church of GM" didnt work

Website
------------------------------------------------------
Ms. AntiVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #30
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 softtail

Give it some thought...
OK, I gave it some thought.............................................................................................................................

Nah..... I'll do it the way I am doing it....