The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > The Lobby > CorvetteFlorida Feedback!

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

CorvetteFlorida Feedback! Site Help Needed | Admin Notices | General feedback about this site

Unread 08-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #21
MMC5

Name :
MMC5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS
I will be there as well Twisted. From about 9-1ish.
If you are "showing", you need to get there closer to 8 or you won't get in.

MMC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 01:31 PM   #22
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC5
If it is not raining, I will be there. How will I know you?

i will be in a red z with borla stingers. not going to be showing the car though. i am about 6'2" with a flat top. i will wear a grey t-shirt. we should all try to pick a spot to meet up at a specific time.
Unread 08-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #23
MMC5

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFun
i will be in a red z with borla stingers. not going to be showing the car though. i am about 6'2" with a flat top. i will wear a grey t-shirt. we should all try to pick a spot to meet up at a specific time.
I don't know if you've been to this show b4 or if you've been to The Pier on show day, but here are some tips for anyone going.
  1. If you ARE showing, get there as close to 7AM as possible. Parking for the show is directed and difficult to back into (They have ramps to get you up the curbs and all that manuvering takes a while.) Also, once you are in, you are there for the duration!
  1. If you are NOT showing, you would be better off to take your daily driver. You MIGHT be able to park along the pier entry way but unless you use Valet parking, that's going to be iffy.

You should plan on parking in the P-lot @ the W end of the pier entryway and ride the trolley into the pier
  1. That day is also a B'day party for the pier so expect it to have lots of people and kids.

Tom
Attached Images

Unread 08-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #24
MADN3SS

Name :
MADN3SS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC5
I don't know if you've been to this show b4 or if you've been to The Pier on show day, but here are some tips for anyone going.
  1. If you ARE showing, get there as close to 7AM as possible. Parking for the show is directed and difficult to back into (They have ramps to get you up the curbs and all that manuvering takes a while.) Also, once you are in, you are there for the duration!
  1. If you are NOT showing, you would be better off to take your daily driver. You MIGHT be able to park along the pier entry way but unless you use Valet parking, that's going to be iffy.

You should plan on parking in the P-lot @ the W end of the pier entryway and ride the trolley into the pier
  1. That day is also a B'day party for the pier so expect it to have lots of people and kids.

Tom
Tom, this is a preregistered event. I've paid my $20, so I'm in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Well pre-registration is sold out. Looks like if everyone shows it will be a full house.

As for the time, I've been told numerous times that they are not parking anyone until 9:00. On the flyer, it says parking on a first come, first served basis... Preregistration only. I'll have Z06Rocket chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVOZ06
If I register, will I be allowed to leave early?
Response from Z06Rocket, whose club is putting on the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Yes you may, although the door prizes and such won't be all done yet.
A link to the Corvettes at the Pier thread.
http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forum...read.php?t=111

'01 QS Corsa Touring exhaust with Tiger Shark tips. LG LT headers with X-Pipe, Hurricane intake w/ CF HF Power Duct, L.E.D. tail lights and shorty antenna. Lowered on stock bolts. Black Motorsports. FRC TOM tuned. NCM member 36741
MADN3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #25
MMC5

Name :

Quote:
Tom, this is a pre-registered event. I've paid my $20, so I'm in.
[Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket
Well pre-registration is sold out. Looks like if everyone shows it will be a full house
Z06 is correct.

Quote:
As for the time, I've been told numerous times that they are not parking anyone until 9:00. I'll have Z06Rocket chime in.
That may be, but review the pics above. You can see that all outer perimeter parking is above a significant curb. There are only a couple of ramps available to get cars up on the step and they have to be dragged into place for each car. (to get them in AND to get them out) This all takes time.

Additionally, the club directs where you park on a first come first parked basis. The best place to be so that you have some shade and breeze is along the back (E) row. The S side of the pier gets good foot traffic but the N side is like being cast into the wilderness.

I’d still suggest arriving early.

Quote:
If I register, will I be allowed to leave early? Response from Z06Rocket, whose club is putting on the show. Yes you may, although the door prizes and such won't be all done yet
This show is staged by SunCoast Corvette Association of which I am also a member. It is their premier event. They’ve been at it for a long time and do a first class show.

That said, again, refer to the pictures. If you are up on the step, your ability to leave early is severely limited, so if that is your intent, be sure you let who ever is parking you know that you will need to exit early.

Whether this is your first Pier Show or one of several, SCA will do their best to see that you have a great time.

Hope to see you there.

Tom
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #26
TwistedFun

Name :
TwistedFun has disabled reputation

thanks for the heads up. i will be in a black frc with yellow stripes on the left front fender, black motorsports and B&B bullets not the red z lol. i will look you guys up that are in the show.
Unread 08-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #27
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, got the PM from Madn3ss. The pier won't let us open up the gate till 9am. If you want to be there 8:30 or 8:45 ish then thats cool, but I wouldn't be there much before that. You might even be forced to drive in circles down the main span by the Pier security guards if you're sitting too long. We do not have any control over the security guards since they are employed by the pier.

Suncoast Corvettes will not be bringing their vettes because of limited space. We want to keep all available spaces open for registered participants who will be trying for the trophies.

It is going to be parked on a 1st come 1st served basis. If you come with friends then stay together if you want to park together. Tempers get hot with owners who sit and idle too long so the best thing for us to do and try to keep as uniform as possible is to just have the cars park in the order they arrive. We normally start on the east side, work to the south side then go to the north side. I hope with the rain that all the people who pre-registered even show up. Having said that we WILL try to make as many people as happy as possible. Customer service is the key, and we do want you to have a good time.

Parking does take a few extra minutes, but nothing too extraordinary. I've seen shows in standard parking lots that take forever to park because we all now how particular the Corvette owners can be .

If you have to leave early we will drag the portable ramp over to your car so you can easily clear the curb. I've seen a few leave early each year. No big deal except that some door prizes and such will not be done yet.

Looks like Ernesto will be in the Carolinas on Saturday so I hope to see as many of you out there as we can. It might be a liiiittle wet but the show will go on. It will give all of us a reason to polish up the rides again.

Last edited by Z06 Rocket; 08-31-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:30 PM   #28
PIVette

Name :
PIVette has disabled reputation

Great idea about flyers announcing the website. There are several shows coming up in our area - Central and on the East Coast...

Eckler's at Old Town March 30-31
Corvettes @ Uptown Altamonte April 14
Vettes at the Port (Cape Kennedy) April 21
Vettes at the Light (Ponce Inlet Lighthouse) May 5th

Do we have a logo yet? Give me some creative ideas for the text, and I'll be happy to have 500 or 1,000 b/w flyers printed for distribution.

I'd also be happy to distribute flyers at each of the above shows...
and, place flyers in our "Goody Bags" for Vettes at the Light.

PS... Rich Z, While you're in Daytona this weekend there's an open car show at the Speedway ... usually about 3,000 cars and lots of vendors. It's a smaller version of Turkey Run and a nice show (bring your snakes) !!! .
PIVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:36 PM   #29
MMC5

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIVette
PS... Rich Z, While you're in Daytona this weekend there's an open car show at the Speedway ... usually about 3,000 cars and lots of vendors. It's a smaller version of Turkey Run and a nice show (bring your snakes) !!! .
Do you have a website or contact info on this?

Unread 03-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #30
PIVette

Name :
PIVette has disabled reputation

Try this site
http://daytonabeachcarshows.com/springdex.html
PIVette is offline   Reply With Quote