The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 06-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default 1973 For Sale (partial restoration)

I just bought a 73 from a kid moving to Canada. He needed to sell the car before he left the country, and I was the only one who responded to his ad.

I really don't need the car, but I thought it was a good deal and it might bring joy to someone here. I got a good deal on it and want to pass it on. I may grab a few of the parts, though, for myself.

Information:

1973 Corvette Coupe

Body:

One-piece front end with L88 flares (I think it is a tilt front-end) held on by screws that has been bonded to the lower fender pieces. There is no seam between the bumper and fenders
New bonding strips and firewall peices held on by screws
New inner fenders - still in boxes and not installed
Rear L88 flares installed (the fenders have been cut)
Rear valence panel filler installed (no seams where it meats the fenders
L88 hood with some corner damage (has the air box)

The body was once painted LeMans Blue by the paint shop, but there were paint issues and it has been sprayed flat black. The rear panel and door jambs are still LeMans Blue.

Interior:

It appears the car had A/C but it is a blank panel now in the firewall where the evaporator would be.

Interior is almost completely stripped and in boxes - was light saddle - has been dyed black - it seems to be all there though, except the evaporator and heater box.

Drivetrain:

Good Frame - Restored
New Suspension
New Radiator core support
Brakes grab - needs bleeding and maybe more. They appear to be new, but are kept me from driving the car any more than around the parking lot.
383 Stroker Engine - 0 miles - runs great
Muncie 4-speed - shifts great - 0 miles
Clutch is light and releases nicley - 0 miles
Chrome Side pipes (regular headers with fabricated s-pipes)
Aluminum radiator with electric fans(I may keep this for my 72)
Edlebrock carb has been sitting for a while, but was rebuilt a couple weeks ago
HEI ignition

The kid knew noting about cars. He had it at a professional restoration shop and was paying by the hour. He had a falling out with the owner and got the car back. he said he had spent over $15,000.00 getting the car to where it is now. I have the shop owner's name and intend on getting as much informaito nfrom him as possible. Hopefully he will give me al lthe receipts for the parts he bought for the car, too.

You can buy the whole lot for $4,500.00

There are 3 large boxes of parts that go with the car.

I can take any pictures you want, just let me know. Here are some crappy iPhone pictures I took of it when I went and picked it up.

It looks like all of the big ticket items are done. Final bodywork and interior is left.

I have a truck and trailer and can deliver anywhere in the lower 48 states for $0.50 a loaded mile.

I also have another 73 Vette parts/project car, that I have in boxes as well, so between the two cars, I should have anything you may need for a 73. I just have to find it. I bought this other one a few years ago for the frame and suspension to replace the rusted and repaired one on my 73.

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote