The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 06-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default F/S 1981 Corvette - auto - $7000

Ladies & Gentlemen,
Sadly the time has come for me to cut ties with the Vette. I’m putting it up for sale as a whole, not ready to look at “parting it out” yet.

Here’s the story if you haven’t already seen it on another thread:
I took the car to a shop called Retro-Tech in Brownsburg, Indiana. I took it in to have them check out the dash wiring harness for issues because I didn’t have any interior lights and the tachometer wasn’t working. Something was also pulling on the battery causing it to die if I didn’t start the car every few days. I was also going to have them replace the heater core while they had the dashboard off because it made sense to combine the labor. To make a long story short, they ended up with my car for 10 months before they finally contacted me to say they were going out of business and I needed to make arrangements to move my car. I had it transported to my home garage, but the dash, wiring harness, gauges, center console, and door panels were still disassembled. They also took off the starter for some reason, I’m assuming they were testing it to make sure that wasn’t part of the issue.

So I’ve decided to sell the car as it is. This would be an excellent opportunity for anyone who has experience putting all of the above items back together. I have all of the parts, at least the shop was nice enough to label all the wires and place bolts, screws, etc. into labeled ziplock baggies.

Here’s some other important information. This would also make an excellent parts car for anyone looking to upgrade their engine and/or exhaust:

1981 Corvette, 89,590 on the odometer. I’ve owned since 8/17/04….86,800 miles when I bought it.

Located in Noblesville, Indiana

Auto trans, and I’m not 100% sure what kind of transmission. I would guess TH-350. No issues with shifting, even after doubling the horsepower.

Aftermarket 400HP/350ci crate motor from www.enginefactory.com (Spring ’07 at 87,863 miles) – I have a spdsht with all the specific parts used to build (carb, cam, fuel pump, etc.). Came with a new mini-torque starter. Have starter heat blanket too. Less than 2000 miles since the install. Beast of an engine with a great lumpy idle.

PYPES dual exhaust system with Violator mufflers (Sept ’08). Straight pipes because the X-pipe provided by Pypes would not fit well due to the cats being a little long and the crossmember not lining up well. No matter, because it sounds GREAT!

G-Force Dual Hump crossmember for the conversion to true dual exhaust. Dual Catalytic converters, Hedman headers (Sept ’08)

New camel carpet throughout (installed Spring ’06)

Tires still have the nubbies (Goodyear Eagle GT II’s, 255/60 R15, RWL)

Aftermarket paint job, my avatar gives an idea of the metallic brown finish. Not flawless by any means, but very nice on 95+% of the car. The chin has some paint scraped and chipped, and there is a small area of bubbling on the hood bulge. Other than a nick or two and some minor scratches on the T-tops, it’s very nice paint and a fantastic 10 footer.

New speedo/tach lens cover (March ’06)

Power brake booster (May ’09)

Brand new heater core, yet to be installed

I think the above is enough description to help someone determine if they might be interested. If so, please feel free to send me a PM with any follow up questions or request for specific pictures. I am happy to answer any questions or send you a picture of whatever you want.

I’m asking $7000 and am more than happy to listen to reasonable offers.

Please note the engine alone was $5150, and the headers/exhaust system tacks on another $1200 at least. Less than 2000 miles on these items. I have receipts for everything I’ve bought for the car and am happy to share them with interested parties.

Thanks! :cheers:

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote