The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 09-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #101
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Name : Daniel Halpin
Fatbum has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
All involved in the problems with Chris Harwood will be meeting together with the state investigator in the near future. We are all pretty worn out and strapped for cash after going through this ordeal. Going to court isn't worth the effort due to a judgment would never be paid. We plan on letting the state handle this.I'm sure Bob Bucholz has more then our complaints to look into. So for the people who are posting the state is dragging on this need to be aware of the investigator's current workload. As for wanting to know what the sheriff's department said to me it's not your concern. I'll do what I have to with the state to get Chris his just rewards.
Another victim bites the dust:

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144804

Wow.

I remember seeing that car in shambles outside Xtreme. I asked about it and Chris told me the guy was deployed and couldn't pay...or something like that.

Au contraire to the money portion...I forgot about his wife... I believe his wife has a daycare that is her business, so they have income coming in that way, my mother used to have one, she took money under the table, and knowing Chris and the lies his wife have dealt out, I'd put money on the fact that something isn't legit with HER business. Time to file a complaint. Also, Chris' father was huge into racing, I'm sure he has money. I wish the state could just say "Pay these dudes X amount or go to jail for X amount of time".

That would be lovely, but he would have to go to jail anyway to satisfy me.
Fatbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #102
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

Rich here is that David Munder guy, and he doesn't look like he builds transmissions anymore, I would contact him though, maybe he does it on the side.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...648001&ref=sgm

Also, I'm sending messages to all of his friends/family with links to here and explaining what he has been doing in brevity.
Unread 09-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #103
Fatbum
My car got Xtremely F'd

I just send messages to some of Chris' friends and family and also...

to ALL of his supposed sponsors for Sports Car Technologies with links to all of these complaints on multiple sites. Don't worry Chris, even the ones without emails I got a hold of

BCB Construction was a tough one to find! Thank the Coast Guard for listing all of their contractors!
Unread 09-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #104
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
Rich here is that David Munder guy, and he doesn't look like he builds transmissions anymore, I would contact him though, maybe he does it on the side.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...648001&ref=sgm

Also, I'm sending messages to all of his friends/family with links to here and explaining what he has been doing in brevity.
Yeah, I found that page as well, but he has not replied to my attempts to contact him.

In my opinion, the invoice I got from Chris supposedly from David Munder is completely bogus. The fact that he never answers his phone nor returns calls even leads me to believe that he may be a willing accomplice in this situation, and is purposely dodging the attempts at contact.

The expense I have to pay to verify the internals of the transmission and differential will simply be added onto the damages in the claims that will be filed if I did not get what I paid for.
Unread 09-28-2010, 03:35 AM   #105
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbum View Post
Au contraire to the money portion...I forgot about his wife... I believe his wife has a daycare that is her business, so they have income coming in that way, my mother used to have one, she took money under the table, and knowing Chris and the lies his wife have dealt out, I'd put money on the fact that something isn't legit with HER business. Time to file a complaint. Also, Chris' father was huge into racing, I'm sure he has money. I wish the state could just say "Pay these dudes X amount or go to jail for X amount of time".

That would be lovely, but he would have to go to jail anyway to satisfy me.
Interesting line of thought. Don't people have to be licensed to run a day care center? Perhaps Mr. Buchholz would have some input on that as well.

I wondered if Keli was just an innocent party in all this, but with the account indicating that she was hiding in the house when Thunder showed there, it pretty much clinches my opinion. I figured she either had to be a party to this, or else completely oblivious to what Chris was doing. Seemed kind of odd that the shop phone rang in their house, but Keli never really picks it up that I have seen. Of course, probably the calls were heavily screened.

BTW, now that I am thinking of this about phones, in case it isn't common knowledge, Chris is pretty much married to his cell phone. I rarely saw him without it, and most often when at the shop, he was always doing something on it. Point is, if you called Chris's cell phone and didn't get him, 99 times out of 100, it's because he just didn't want to talk to you, in my opinion. I saw MANY instances while I was out at his shop of calls coming in, where he would glance at it to see who was calling, and then just stick the phone back in his pocket without answering it.
Unread 09-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #106
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

Rich,
I can tell you when my situation hit she was not fully involved but did come up with some crazy and completely ridiculous lie as to why my car wasn't done. She was acting as part of the Xtreme team at that point and it makes her just as guilty.

As for the unlicensed day care that would be Dept of Children and Families.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #107
vetteguy61

Name : Mike Elmore
vetteguy61 has disabled reputation

I saw Chris do that many times when he received calls. he even did it once when I called him from his parking lot. So yes I believe he was screening his calls from customers . Most times he wouldn't even bother to call back.
vetteguy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #108
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

I heard from Bob Buchholz today and I will post part of the conversation. It really just causes more confusion on my part. I wanted to know why the business was allowed to operate initially without a license. That has not been answered yet.

From Bob Bushholz:

"The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services serves to protect the rights of the consumer and the business, and we do this through the application and enforcement of civil law for the State of Florida. If the victims feel they have been criminally wronged, they need to contact their local Law Enforcement agency for guidance."

It looks obvious to me that without further action from the complainants the state will not pursue collection or criminal complaints.

I find the following comment to be very disturbing. Looks to me like they have less control over a business that operates without a license.

From Bob Bushholz:

"From the current position of the investigation, all of the alleged violations occurred prior to the business being licensed which means that there are very limited violations which can be cited "

Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:33 PM   #109
Someoneyoushouldknow
victim #1

Name : Elizabeth Kelly
Someoneyoushouldknow has disabled reputation

Rich and Mike have the best chance to make things happen, we need to find out the date that Sportscartech got licensed.
Someoneyoushouldknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #110
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow View Post
Rich and Mike have the best chance to make things happen, we need to find out the date that Sportscartech got licensed.
In my opinion, that will be irrelevant. This is why I made a post detailing the connection with Chris Harwood and the business names he has and is operating under. He PERSONALLY was acting in the capacity of a business and he PERSONALLY is responsible for all damages he may have inflicted while operating in that capacity. If there was no recourse from someone who was not actually a business engaging in alleged crimes while pretending to be a legitimate business, then EVERYONE would run their "business" in that manner.

As I noted in the title line of this thread, Chris was DOING BUSINESS AS..... He has advertised as such, generated invoices as such, and ACTED as such in order to have people believe that he WAS a business at the time the transactions took place. So whatever legal actions that would be initiated would most certainly need to be filed as being against Chris Harwood, DBA....., regardless of which business (or lack thereof) happened to be imprinted on the hat he was wearing that day.