The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 04-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Name : Eric G
shakedown067 is on a distinguished road
Default Need a new Windshield? Don't go to SafeLite!

Oh man what an ordeal. This started back in March. Before the March autocross on the 24th, I got a crack in the windshield. I wanted it fixed before the autocross so I pick up the phone and get safelite to come out. They'll be there on the 21st. They show up an hour past the FOUR HOUR window, pull the weatherstripping and find rust. He stops, says they'll have to order a new top strip from the dealer and leaves...and leaves me with no weatherstripping. Of course it's suppose to rain that night so I get some vinyl tape and tape it up (looks like hell). It survived the rain storm.

So they told me they'd call friday morning with info on the part they had to order. Come Noon, no call, so I take off to the office. I get led on a wild goose chase but they end up with the part in-stock (huh?), but no weatherstripping (the installer from the day before still had it). They say the'll get it and to leave the car and they'll take care of it.

I get a call about an hour and a half later. They find rust under the metal strip that holds the weatherstripping, "you'll have to take it to a body shop." Shouldn't they be used to rust in Florida, what the hell? Could have told me that yesterday! I call my guy and schedule to drop it off on tuesday. Safelite says they'll be there between 2 and 5pm.

Now tuesday the 26th, five days now with no weatherstripping and having to retape the car each night because of the due and no garage. I call safelite at noon to make sure they'll be out. Say I wasn't scheduled till thursday. I say no, it's today, tuesday. They can't do it that day but will be out wednesday morning first thing (after I talk to the manager). Cool, body shop does the work, all is good, call up safelite to see when I'm scheduled once again. Friday between 1-4. Cool, but the shop closes at three. Rep says no problem I'll note it. Friday comes, and once again I call at noon. Says installer will be there around 4:30. Well that doesn't work, the shop will be closed. They say I'll be next. I head down to the body shop and pay them, have them move the car out of the back lot just incase they take longer. At 2:00, they show up...WITHOUT THE WINDSHIELD. He has to go back, where they supposedly had restocked it as well. Just before 3:00 he gets back and starts on the car (15 minute drive from shop to shop). At 4:00, now an hour past when they I said the car needed to be DONE, they finally call me (actually the body shop buy called me). I tip the body shop guy for hanging out. I go to leave when I see safelite didn't install the wiper arms OR the lower windshield brackets. AWESOME.

So the next day, the wife and I head to Orlando. Let's take the vette and stare out that clear windshield. Well to my surprise I've got wind noise like never before. We can hardly talk to each other. On monday I stop by autoXTC and have Jon take a look at it. They used cheap aftermarket molding (I had GM stuff replaced just two years prior). Just adjust the windows up and it "should" be fine. I give it a week and well, nope. It's better, but still bad wind noise and it still leaks water (remember that big rain storm sunday night ).

So now my carpet is soaked, I've got wind noise and I'm PISSED. Call safelite monday morning on the 19th, talk to a manager and they say they'll get the GM molding ordered (although the manager acted like she could have given two $h!ts). Well, over a week later I finally call today and say what's up with my weatherstripping? Sorry, the parts lady is out to lunch, she'll call you back when she gets in. Almost three hours later, no call. I call back, she's on a break (do these people work at all?). An hour later she calls back, it'll be he thursday. WTF? Almost two weeks for GM weatherstripping? I call autoway chevy, one of, if not the biggest parts house in the southeast. They've got two...yes two in stock. I call safelite back and of course the manager is gone at a meeting. Called up corporate and am waiting a call back from a manager there. Oh, and I found out that the largo office that I've been dealing with is even the regional office.

I've filled out two surveys now. The first time I've EVER put down a 1 out of 10 for anything. Hell, I don't think i've ever put lower than a 7 before. Once i talk to corporate, I'll probably have my lawyer right a formal complaint to their corporate offices. To say their customer service sucks would be the understatement of the decade.
shakedown067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

You've got alot more patience that I do. I'd probably be taking up desk space at their office with the Vette in the parking lot until it got fixed.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Unfortunately, I don't have the time for that. Hell I even thought about buying the GM weatherstripping myself just so I didn't have to deal with them again...then thought hell no, they need to own up to this crap.
Unread 04-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
XQIZT
Defender of the C4's

Name :
XQIZT is on a distinguished road

You're still dealing with this nonsense? Wow, you seem pretty dang laid back, but I could see you getting close to blowing your lid soon and I wouldn't blame you...

p.s. we'll be up near you on May 8th, 3-7pm at "Catches" in New Port Ritchey on 19.
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
we'll be up near you on May 8th, 3-7pm at "Catches" in New Port Ritchey on 19.
Cool. I'll talk to Natasha and see if we can make the cruise up. And yeah, I'm pretty laid back. I give the benefit of $h!t happens to people too often. But now it's time to lay some smack down.
Unread 04-27-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
XQIZT
Defender of the C4's

Name :
XQIZT is on a distinguished road

We'll be working the show, but we should be able to chat a bit and maybe grab some dinner once we're done. Bring the vette and show it. We'll catch up with ya later on......now go raise some hell and get that windshield fixed properly.
Unread 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #7
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XQIZT View Post
We'll be working the show, but we should be able to chat a bit and maybe grab some dinner once we're done. Bring the vette and show it. We'll catch up with ya later on......now go raise some hell and get that windshield fixed properly.
LOL, maybe I'll put the slicks on her so she'll look more like a race car. That way I won't feel so bad about the paint. I'll have to see what's on our calender. I'll holler at you if we get to make it.

Unread 04-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
shakedown067
Sinister C4

SO THE SAGA CONTINUES SOME MORE: I find out today, autoway chevrolet is the parts house they deal with. The one that has two in stock. So safelite could just give two $h!ts less about their customers. Thanks for nothing Safelite.
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
shakedown067
Sinister C4

Well, I actually got a call back today. But it's from the Survey people. I conveniently filled out mainly 1's with 10 being the best. I think it was the first time I'd EVER put down less than something like a 7. But they are sending me a $50 visa gift card. Will probably take three weeks to get it but I guess at least someone is admitting there is an issue here.
Unread 04-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
Mark Dalton

Name : Mark Dalton
Mark Dalton has disabled reputation

They'll probably send you a gift card....if they have any in stock. Man, what an ordeal for you. Was the survey you took just a fill in the numbers type or could you also write comments? If the latter, I'd have filled it up!
Mark Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote