The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 10-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #21
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

No way trying to stir anything up here, but going back through everything I noticed I'd forgotten to mention that no locking bars were ever installed on the roller lifters....oh well....

In the meantime, since: I've mothballed the L-76 to protect it and am now having a 383 stroker built to use as the "driver" motor. When it's done I'll post pix and dyno results. Some of the parts include:

AFR heads
RPM Air Gap manifold
Custom grind roller cam by CamMotion
Roller lifters and rockers
Eagle forged "H" Beam rods
Eagle forged
MSD ignition
Mahle pistons
Custom built Holley carb
Headers

and some other goodies.....

Tim Hartley of Hartley Performance Engines, a highly respected builder in this area with winning race cars routinely running his engines, has been kind enough to allow me to watch every aspect of this engine build. It's like watching a brain surgeon, his attention to detail is unreal. I've learned so much from this it's amazing. I've taken over 350 digital photos of the build. Can't wait to finish it and get it in the car.

Everyone be safe....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #22
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw View Post
No way trying to stir anything up here, but going back through everything I noticed I'd forgotten to mention that no locking bars were ever installed on the roller lifters....oh well....

In the meantime, since: I've mothballed the L-76 to protect it and am now having a 383 stroker built to use as the "driver" motor. When it's done I'll post pix and dyno results. Some of the parts include:

AFR heads
RPM Air Gap manifold
Custom grind roller cam by CamMotion
Roller lifters and rockers
Eagle forged "H" Beam rods / 6.0
Eagle forged shaft
MSD ignition
Mahle pistons
Custom built Holley carb
Headers

and some other goodies.....

Tim Hartley of Hartley Performance Engines, a highly respected builder in this area with winning race cars routinely running his engines, has been kind enough to allow me to watch every aspect of this engine build. It's like watching a brain surgeon, his attention to detail is unreal. I've learned so much from this it's amazing. I've taken over 350 digital photos of the build. Can't wait to finish it and get it in the car.

Everyone be safe....
Forgot to say shaft....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Unread 10-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #23
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Great to hear from U R U in Fl or upstate?
Unread 10-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #24
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9T8Vette View Post
Great to hear from U R U in Fl or upstate?
Still up in the mountains. Meant to be back in FL. back last spring, but had to go up to New York State for a wedding of a cousin, his first at 48 years old...

Planning on coming down in the spring. Will get hold of you. Hope this finds you and yours well....

Unread 10-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #25
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Still up in the mountains. Meant to be back in FL. back last spring, but had to go up to New York State for a wedding of a cousin, his first at 48 years old...

Planning on coming down in the spring. Will get hold of you. Hope this finds you and yours well....
Still to dang hot down here!
Unread 10-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #26
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Still to dang hot down here!
Don't complain, we've had the second wettest September in 145 years, and it hasn't stopped yet. In the last six weeks we've had five days total with no rain...

If you get the chance, PM me the info on that other motor you had from you know who that went south....sounds like a lot of issues were similar to mine.
I'm still boiling mad over that...

Unread 10-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #27
9T8Vette
Been around for awhile

Name :
9T8Vette is on a distinguished road

Quote:

For sure Bro we can do a cruise or something when you come down this spring
Unread 10-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #28
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9T8Vette View Post
For sure Bro we can do a cruise or something when you come down this spring
Looking forward to it. With any luck, I'll have the TK-600 installed by then (as well as the motor)...

Unread 10-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #29
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :

I see the "Message Board" on CorvettesWest website has been taken down.

Geee......