The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 05-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
BubbaDuss
Mod-Annonymous Atendee

Name :
BubbaDuss has disabled reputation
Default My dealing with Xtreme Motorsports...

In March of 2009 I was referred to Xtreme because I was having difficulty getting a 4" Callies Dragonslayer. Chris advised he could get me one. from then on, we started doing business.

In mid April I drove up to meet him and take a look at the shop... I brought everything for a complete shortblock assembly for him also. oil pump, oil pan, timing set, timing cover, rear main cover, ARP main studs, oil pan bolts, timing cover bolts, harmonic balancer and even my camshaft. he told me where to set it all down and that we are looking at an early may completion date.

so far, things seemed to be going well.

In may, I called him up and asked how its going, He came back with things being very busy at the machine shop and that he will try to hurry them up. no worries.

June, still very little communication coming back from him, but he threw out his back or something to that extent and was moving a little slower. No biggy for me, I mean, hell, If I hurt myself pretty bad at work, I know I wouldn't be getting things done in the timetable I was able to prior to the injury.

Finally, October comes, and Chris doesn't answer my calls, or voicemails, hardly even texts. this is where I start getting the heeby Jeebies.. I already paid 100% and have no product, plus all the other things I brought up to him, and now I can't seem to get in touch... At this point my friend offered to help me get my stuff. And she did, that same week, I got some pictures of an LS2 block and the pistons. Ok.. I'm starting to feel a little better now. my friend applied a little pressure and asked if we came up on Monday, would it be ready? he advised yes. so I think it was October 26th, we drove up and picked up all my parts and the shortblock.

However, Chris or Xtreme, didn't necessarily have to be Chris. but long story short, my Cam walked off. slightly irritating, however the project did change a little bit (Scope Creep) and the cam wasn't going to be needed anyway. Chris advised to just send him the specs for my new cam and he'll get it ground and shipped to me at no cost to me. I tried to get the spec's out of my local shop so Chris could grind it for me. the Local shop was concerned about tossing out numbers. Chris then offered to just pay me $400 for a new cam, I agreed. I get the block home, starting to feel better now.

Next weekend, I pull the windage tray of just to double check everything is in good order and torqued right... and wait a sec, the Crank says "Compstar" forged into the last Bob. sigh. Called up Chris and to my amazement he did actually answer. adding to my comfort. figure everyone makes mistakes and considering all the trouble we have been dancing around. a little mix-up is nothing that can't be fixed right...
Chris apologized and said He'll get right on it. and then again. another communications blackout.

So, in November, I found a link to this forum off of Xtreme's web page. figured I'd read up a little and maybe something happened to Chris or Xtreme and I could get some info off of here.
Seemed his wife Keli did a lot of posting and public relations stuff on the board, so I figured, well... lets tell her my story and see if we can work this out.

Below is the PM I sent her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDuss 11/18/2009
I can't seem to get in touch with Chris. He doesn't answer my calls or texts.

I understand he is very busy in the shop right now, but being a customer in south Florida shouldn't get me put on the ignore list. The reason I say this, is he told me himself that he thought since I lived far away, he could tend to other customers first, and I wouldn't be able to do much about it. He told me this the day I drove up from South Florida without telling him I was coming. I left that day, still, without all of the parts. He only delivered the main stems then.

I believe I may have spoken to you some time ago when I paid for this project. I had Chris build me a 402 Stroker and even drove up to meet him and drop off most of what would be needed for the shortblock assembly. That was in April.

Things started to get in the way, and problems arise, as they tend to on an engine build. After hearing nothing from him for weeks, a friend contacted him and she managed to arrange for us to pick up the block, and we drove up. I figured since Chris had everything from our text conversations, I would pick it up and finish it down here. The parts and machining is what I was unable to get, but I could do the actual assembly myself if needed. While I was there, he was unable to find my camshaft, and said if he couldn't find it, he would pay to replace it.

Upon arriving home, I noticed the crankshaft is not the right one for my build. I spoke with him about it and he said he must have placed Jordon's in my engine, and Jordon must have gotten mine. He assured me he would ship it out. He provided a tracking number, and never sent it. After a few more weeks, my friend and I drove up without letting him know, because he wouldn't respond. He didn't respond until we told him via text that we were outside of his shop.

Right now, I'm still waiting on the crankshaft for this engine, because as I mentioned the crank that was used in the build was not the one ordered. I spoke with Chris while I was there over the phone, and he admitted that he didn't have the crank. He advised that the crank was at the machine shop being "duplicated" just with the proper crank this time. However I have not heard anything since.

I'm looking for is some communication here. I was hoping by now I would have some information regarding the crankshaft to my engine. I'd also like to find out about the replacement camshaft.

I'm not one to publicly bash sponsors and vendors. I run a small shop down in South FL too, no need to start that, but this car has been waiting for an engine since his "Early May" delivery date. He told me to send him a paypal invoice for the camshaft amount, and he has not responded to that either.

I'm always available via E-mail and phone.
I hope we can get this sorted out before next years season. I need my crankshaft, or the money refunded for that. I also would like the Camshaft reimbursement satisfied so I can proceed with that aswell.

I paid in full, $6000, and I thought that would guarantee me better service than what I have received.

Please contact me so we can resolve this amicably.

- Paul Sommerer
bubbaduss@yahoo.com
954-65x-11xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME 11/18/2009
Wow. Ok let me see what I can find out. I am kinda left in the dark when it comes to whats going on at the shop. I will get back to you. We have a funeral out of town tomorrow so I will get back as soon as I can.

thanks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDuss 11/18/2009
Ok, I appreciate you looking into it. I'm sorry to hear of a funeral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME 11/18/2009
No problem at all !! Thanks for your condolences it was Chris' grandpa.
Also thanks for contacting me about whats going on too, I really try hard to keep our companies name in good standing with everyone. This just doesnt seem like Chris at all but I will find out what I can

~Keli~
December 14th rolls around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDuss 12/14/2009
Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving weekend.
Were you able to look into this at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME 12/14/2009
Thanks Paul !!! I hope you yourself had a wonderful Thanksgiving also..
I got the $400 payment to you and working on the crank...sorry it is taking so long...everything that could happen and go wrong has happened

talk to you soon !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDuss 12/14/2009
I understand.

I received the paypal notice yesterday. Much appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time on this. Sorry to be such a pest. Chris sent me a text yesterday not long after the paypal notice saying he should have something on the crank soon.
And I still have not received the crank, But the project can proceed with the compstar for now, and if I ever do get the dragonslayer for this build, I can do a crank swap fairly quickly on this engine.

Now, as I stated before, I don't like bringing the negative out into the light. According to Chris and Keli, Chris suffered a back injury, machine shop slowdowns, his grandfather passing, and possibly many other things.
I'm not god, I will not judge. I do hope everything is alright with him and in the future, If I need something, I hope I can look to Xtreme to help me out.
BubbaDuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
BubbaDuss
Mod-Annonymous Atendee

Name :

I should add I live in Coral Springs, FL Approx 502 miles away.. so Driving there is not necessarily a spur of the moment thing.
Unread 05-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering if this poster has the same IP address as the "other" poster who is upset enough to drag on a simple solution for years..... This poster is quite long winded as well.... Same poster who signed up for a new screen name?........... Rich? Shadow? Can either of you advise?
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
BubbaDuss
Mod-Annonymous Atendee

Name :

My story is honest and true, I was just being poked and prodded when i posted on another thread, that I should start my own. so I did.
Unread 05-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket View Post
I'm wondering if this poster has the same IP address as the "other" poster who is upset enough to drag on a simple solution for years..... This poster is quite long winded as well.... Same poster who signed up for a new screen name?........... Rich? Shadow? Can either of you advise?
No man.... This guy doesn't sound anything at all like the person you are referring to.... And for the record, there is no match with the IP address.
Unread 05-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

I missed this post on 5-26 but now that I see it I notice no response from Xtreme since Bubba posted this thread. Maybe Xtreme doesn't don't know about it. This guy also posted his name and city. And his story sounds very familiar.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote