The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 08-09-2009, 09:52 AM   #61
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeZ07 View Post
This is true!!!! I got my baby back and running strong!!! Thank you all who helped me by listening and or giving advice. I appreciate it all. I want to give a special thanks to the guys at RevXtreme!!! I have to tell you all....They helped me in every way with this, from diagnosing the parts to listening to me cry about it for the past 8 months....and they did it all for FREE!!!!! They did this because they are amazingly excellent and professional people that realize it is not only about money but people come first. Thank you RevXtreme!!!
I am so glad your car came out ALIVE in the end !

The good thing is a good lesson was learned ,the bad thing is it was expensive

Enjoy your new car
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #62
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

OUCH! What a read. My eyes hurt.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #63
quickpaulie

Name :
quickpaulie has disabled reputation
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS. XTREME View Post
I am so glad your car came out ALIVE in the end !

The good thing is a good lesson was learned ,the bad thing is it was expensive

Enjoy your new car
looks like this new motor is kinda sorta SICK ! and not in a good way. this forged stroked beast is making stock H.P. #'s. this james posted on digital corvettes. the motor was built in pompano bch buy a well none shop. is it the builders or is it ummm, JAMES ?

TODA
quickpaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #64
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

I feel your pain. I got totally hosed on some engine work on my 65', and Corvettes West, out of Sarasota, has completely blown me off. Tommy has never even acknowedged any type of a problem. Among all the things they did wrong, when the roller lifters were installed, they never installed any locking bars on them, so of course they spun in place and completely destroyed both the camshaft and the lifters themselves. Rollers don't operate very well when they 90 degrees to the cam lobe.... Pushrods were too long allowing them to go right past the rollers on the rocker arms and bash into the underside of the rocker arm itself. I posted all the pix in my thread, "motor work gone south".

And he was supposed to be a friend....

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #65
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw View Post
I feel your pain. I got totally hosed on some engine work on my 65', and Corvettes West, out of Sarasota, has completely blown me off. Tommy has never even acknowedged any type of a problem. Among all the things they did wrong, when the roller lifters were installed, they never installed any locking bars on them, so of course they spun in place and completely destroyed both the camshaft and the lifters themselves. Rollers don't operate very well when they 90 degrees to the cam lobe.... Pushrods were too long allowing them to go right past the rollers on the rocker arms and bash into the underside of the rocker arm itself. I posted all the pix in my thread, "motor work gone south".

From your signature:
Quote:
65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Yeah, If I were only getting 128 horsepower, I'd be REAL pissed as well....
Unread 10-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #66
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Name : Tracy Lewis
RevXtreme 1 has disabled reputation

Quote:

Stop in and we can fix you up.....we had another one of theres w/only 700 miles on it....the cam button was to large and they just forced the iming cover on it so it pushed the cam backwards and had similar issues. The cam was nearly wiped out & they had a big dual quad set-up on unported heads and a baby cam. Valvetrain geometry was all wrong as well.

When we were done it made 150 more whp.
Unread 10-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #67
BP VetteClub
Breathless Corvette Club

Name :
BP VetteClub is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Stop in and we can fix you up.....we had another one of theres w/only 700 miles on it....the cam button was to large and they just forced the iming cover on it so it pushed the cam backwards and had similar issues. The cam was nearly wiped out & they had a big dual quad set-up on unported heads and a baby cam. Valvetrain geometry was all wrong as well.

When we were done it made 150 more whp.
Wow RevExtreme to the rescue.
BP VetteClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #68
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP VetteClub View Post
Wow RevExtreme to the rescue.
Care to explain you comment?
Unread 10-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #69
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 View Post
Care to explain you comment?
I took that as a positive comment for you guys. Rescuing yet another botched engine job by Corvettes West. Tommy should just stop doing engine work and concentrate on body work. He obviously has no one there who knows what they're doing....

If I were still down there believe me, you guys would have my work. You backed me up when this mess first came down for me with Tommy. Bet he didn't acknowledge or do anything about that motor you were talking about either...: down:: down:

Thanks.....: up:: up:

Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #70
RevXtreme 1
www.revxtreme.com

Quote:
I took that as a positive comment for you guys. Rescuing yet another botched engine job by Corvettes West. Tommy should just stop doing engine work and concentrate on body work. He obviously has no one there who knows what they're doing....

If I were still down there believe me, you guys would have my work. You backed me up when this mess first came down for me with Tommy. Bet he didn't acknowledge or do anything about that motor you were talking about either...: down:: down:

Thanks.....: up:: up:
Mucho Gracia's! (or thank you)