The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 06-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #31
MRS. XTREME

Name :
MRS. XTREME is on a distinguished road

Weird !!
From home on this computer I am now tyoing on I can NOT go to the corvette forum without it saying

YOU ARE BANNED

So if his last activity was today, then he has to be able to log in from the shop under the same name meaning he still has access , but why not here at home??

Hmmmmm.......
MRS. XTREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #32
MRS. XTREME

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Thats more than likely what happened. If they simply banned the IP address, he should be able to get in using another computer. If they banned the name, he wouldn't (shouldn't) be able to get back in at all.

I think so too.
Unread 06-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #33
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

...another mystery solved...now...back to that little universe thing.....
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #34
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #35
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
If you can not log in I do not thin you can see the link.
xtrememotorsports
CF Member

Last Activity: Today 01:13 PM
Viewing Index Corvette Forum @ 01:13 PM
I think there is some confusion here.

When a member is banned from a vBulletin based message board, the system still registers their visit as them viewing the main index page of the forum. That is what you see when you check someone's member profile. That does not mean they can actually view or access anything on the forum, it just means that the system recognized their member name and is blocking their access.

Banning an IP address is a separate function from the admin page and is not implicit when a member is banned. The ban actually works off of the cookie that is stored on your local system that tells the vBulletin software who you are. So in effect, when you try to log into the system, you gain access to the main index page, the software reads the cookie that your local PC issues to it, and the vBulletin software then determines that you are banned. At that point, you get the message saying you have been banned, and don't actually view the main index page at all.

On my sites where I have had to ban people, the only time I use the IP ban is if they figure out how to bypass the cookie based ban and register anew with a false registration merely to kick up a fuss about it. But to be honest, with so many ISPs using dynamically allocated IPs, that is really only of limited value anyway. I suspect that CF has an admin who manually audits new registrations and blocks them. But even this is of limited value if the registrant isn't stupid about the registration info.

Hope that explains things a little better, so people don't start jumping to conclusions about things.
Unread 06-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #36
Yellow

Name :
Yellow is on a distinguished road

Rich Thanks for Clearing that up
Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 02:58 PM   #37
MRS. XTREME

Name :
Default YES THANK YOU!!!

I thought I was the crazy one there for a second!!
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #38
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
Sorry, I forgot...that's been worked out already

How about the chicken v. the egg? That one still up for grabs?
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #39
SportsCarsUnlimited
One Stop Corvette Shop!

Name :
SportsCarsUnlimited is on a distinguished road

Hello
They did the same thing to me. My Signature was the same as my Business name so I would half to pay to be a Supporting Vendor if I was to sell parts.
Smokinvettes.com did the same thing, I was just trying to help people out with the Corvette parts I dont need at a good price, Not trying to get rich.
David Steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrememotorsports View Post
I am a supporting member of the Corvette Forum,obviously not enough.I accumulate stock parts from customers cars and sell them to people who need them along with my personal parts pile I have from building race cars and other adventures.Most of the time I only respond to people who say I need this part,sometimes I will post a small Lot of parts to sell.This is the P.M.
I got today.This tells me they only care about the money generated by advertisement and not the corvette communities wants and needs.

Greetings,
I noticed you have have had many threads where you are selling parts off of corvettes.
If these parts are not off your car, rather off your customers cars, you are in violation of the forum rules.

"Supporting vendors pay for the considerable bandwidth charges on the Forum, making it free for the rest of us. In exchange, they get the privilege of using the Forum to market and promote their goods and services. Historically, we allow them to post in the generation sections and the regional sections to market and promote their products/services.

Forum members are welcome to sell a Corvette or Corvette parts they purchased for their own personal use. Anything else is considered to be a commercial sale.

No links or reference to eBay sales or any other auction or sales sites, please. If the sale is appropriate for the Forum, post it on the Forum, rather than linking to it elsewhere.

Members are not prohibited from mentioning it when they have a good (or bad, for that matter) experience with a non-supporting vendor. But such mentions cannot be so specific (address, phone number, e-mail address, URL, price, part number, etc.) and so frequent that they become marketing and promotional references.

Only supporting vendors can post Group Purchase threads.

Members can include a mention of their personal businesses in their signatures so long as the enterprise does not compete with an existing supporting vendor, is not Corvette-related and is not so detailed or so frequently appended to their posts that it becomes inappropriate marketing and promotion."

If your posting only items that belong to you, let me know and I will re-open your thread.

Jeff
Mvcrash on the Cf
SportsCarsUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2008, 01:16 AM   #40
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Now you guys have me curious. What does it cost to become a Supporting Vendor over on CF?