The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > RSS Classifieds

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

RSS Classifieds This is a special forum that utilizes RSS feeds to plug in classified ads for Corvettes.

Unread 01-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
RSS Feed
RSS Feed Robot

Name :
RSS Feed has disabled reputation
Default FS (For Sale) 70 4 speed Coupe

After finally getting a classic car I've wanted for years, I've decided the old stuff just isn't for me. I love the classic styling of the C3's (I actually prefer C3's to C2's), but, after going to an open track day with a friend (drove my son's 370Z), I realized I want something I can track as well as take to the weekend car shows! C5 Z05 is in my future!
So, it's time to let this one go to a new home.
I bought this car last year while working in Florida from a rabid Corvette enthusiast.According to him, over the last 40 years, he's only had 3 steel cars! He bought it with the intention of flipping it, but when he saw what he now had, he decided to just leave it alone. Other than paint, the car was totally original. I have the original bill of sale, the original owners manual, and the protect-o-plate.
Matching numbers 350/300hp, 4 speed, P/S, P/B, AM/FM , 73000 miles (no A/C though), Corvette Bronze. Car was re-painted with acrylic lacquer (just like it was born with. Beautiful color in the sun. rarely do you see one in this color!
All stress cracks were taken care of when it was painted. Bumpers re-chromed, not replaced. I have pics of the painting process.
When I got it home (New Orleans), all I've done is make it more road worthy and comfortable: Calipers, rotors (The originals a bitch to get off!), pads, brake lines and master cylinder. Then, after a through radiator flush, new thermostat, aluminum water pump, hoses, tower clamps, and fan clutch. Now, even in the New Orleans heat during the Summer, it's rock steady at 180 degrees, and stops on a dime. New carpet (with some insulation under to make the cabin cooler).
Right now, my project is swapping the vinyl seats for new Corvette America Leather covers and new seat foam. The old vinyl was torn and the foam was coming out as a fine powder every time I sat in it.
All gauges work as they should...even the original clock. Radio has static, but who needs a radio with the t-tops off anyway?
I bought a fiberglass rear spring, but haven't put it on yet.
As you can see, the glass is original (Hell, it's better than the glass in my wife's 2018 Hyundai!)
Not a show car, just a better-than-average daily driver.
$25K, negotiable.

Source...
RSS Feed is offline   Reply With Quote