The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Classifieds and Commercial Sponsors > Board of Inquiry®

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Board of Inquiry® Got a problem with someone you had a dealing with? Can't get it resolved and no other recourse presents itself? Had an especially good transaction with someone? Looking for info on a dealer?

Unread 05-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default BendPak Lifts

Back when I was having the garage built, I decided that I would like to have a lift installed there for the times when something like that would be real handy to have. So I checked around to see what people were using for their own Corvettes, to make sure I got one that would work. So I wound up getting a BendPak XPR-10ACX 2 post lift. This is the 10K pound asymmetrical, extended width model. Even with all that, I found that the C6Z06 is a real bear to get it lined up right, as the newer three section front arms have that outer sleeve too tall to fit underneath the rocker panels on the car. Other lifts I looked at in shops had the older two sleeve arms, apparently. With the new model arms, there is about an inch of tolerance I have in order to position the car EXACTLY in the middle so I can swing the arms around to get them under the car without them hitting the rocker panels. It might take me 15 minutes or so of backing up the car and repositioning it before I would get it right, even with marks on the floor.

Here's some pics to show you what I mean...

This was getting REAL old.. So I contacted BendPak just to ask them how much those arms weigh so I would know what I was getting into in order to remove them and take them to a machine shop to have an inch removed from that outer sleeve to make my life a bit easier. This seemed to be my only option, so I had decided to just bite the bullet and do it that way.

To say the least, I was astonished when BendPak responded with an offer to simply send me a set of shorter arms off of another model that would solve the problem for me. Not only are they sending them FOR FREE, they are paying for shipping and said I can keep the old arms so I don't have to hassle with sending them back to them. I was flabbergasted! So maybe my luck is turning around finally.

Here's some pics of the shorter front arms they are sending me:

BTW, the guy I talked to at BendPak is Jeff Kritzer who is Senior VP of Sales and marketing. And no, I didn't even tell him about this situation with my C5Z, so it wasn't a pity call on his part. He just offered to help out a customer in the easiest way possible. I don't know how many other lift manufacturer's would do something of this nature. But I have to say I'm REAL glad I chose to get a BendPak lift after seeing this sort of customer service first hand.
Unread 05-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

I'll put BendPak down in the "refer to anybody" column after that. Good for you, Rich,
and good for BendPak as well!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Mannings

Name : Rick Manning
Mannings is on a distinguished road

I agree with Andy, GREAT Customer Service.
Mannings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #4
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road

It's nice to deal with a company that remembers the customer is why they are in business and treats them accordingly.
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Connie and I got back from visiting with my mom yesterday and found the new lift arms from BendPak sitting under the car port.

So today we dived in and replaced the older longer ones with these new shorter arms. Moved the C6Z that was sitting under the lift out of the way, and rolled the wagon with the new arms on it into place to do the swap.

Piece of cake. The arms are about 80 pounds each, according to the shipping manifest, but manageable even for a puny 60 year old like me. Connie helped, of course, so it was even easier. I used a car jack to support the arms as I removed them, and then to position the new arms in place. The hardest part of the entire process was to line up the huge pins that hold the arms in place. I really needed Connie's help for that part, as it would have been rather difficult to do by myself. She would move the arm as needed as I looked from underneath to line the pin up with the bottom hole.

So, I pulled the C6Z back into position and put the support pucks in place and set up the lift arms. What used to take me 15 to 20 minutes of trying to jockey the car into the EXACTLY correct position between the arms I was able to easily accomplish in less than a minute. Now there is approximately 5 inches of room between the outer sleeves of those front arms instead of the 1 inch I had to struggle with using those original arms.

Thanks BendPak! Makes using the lift a WHOLE hell of a lot easier and more convenient for me.