The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > General Corvette Forums > Maintenance, Mods, & Tips

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

Maintenance, Mods, & Tips Mods | Tips | Repairs & Troubleshooting

Unread 10-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default New fender badges for the C5Z

Well, since I've been taking the C5Z to a few cruise ins and such, I've had several people comment on the old fender badges I had on the car. They were showing that the car was putting out 600HP. When they asked me about it, I told them "Nah, it's not really putting out 600HP."

So I decided to get new badges made up. They just showed up today.

These were done by Austin Barnett (http://bit.ly/kMj2km) email: austinbarnett@charter.net. He did the first badges for me as well. I told him the design I wanted, he sent me a couple of drawings, and less than a week later, I had these in my mailbox.

Now all I have to do is remove the old ones and then put these new ones on.

At least these fender badges won't be telling a lie like the old ones were.
Unread 10-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
zzzona

Name :
zzzona has disabled reputation

Those are sweet................
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

NICE !!!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Should read,

427 cu in
850 HP
Unread 11-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Should read,

427 cu in
850 HP
But I don't KNOW that. Heck, I may NEVER know what HP it is putting to the ground.
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
85vette

Name :

I don't remember where I saw it but someone advertised a GPS(I believe) device that calculated vehicle weight, quarter mile speed, G force, etc. and gave a fairly accurate estimate of horsepower. Or so they claimed. I believe there are formulas that allow for such estimates. Have you heard of this?

Or just rent the dyno at SS Performance for an hour. I think it's $120.00 or less. I know you're ticked off at them and I don't quite understand what the reason was that caused the rift, but they are close by and have what you need to answer that question. Besides, I want to know! Plus you could tweak stuff on the dyno better than on the highway(and not get a ticket doing it). I'm not trying to be a salesman for them, but they did a great job on my car and beat a well known former vendor of this site(in Seffner)by about 25% too. Maybe it was just a communication issue or a misunderstanding. Again, I don't know but if you guys could bury the hatchet it would probably benefit you both. They do seem to be a wealth of knowledge on the LS engine and GM cars in general. Life is too short to carry a grudge. Just my opinion.....
Unread 11-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Rich Z

Quote:
I don't remember where I saw it but someone advertised a GPS(I believe) device that calculated vehicle weight, quarter mile speed, G force, etc. and gave a fairly accurate estimate of horsepower. Or so they claimed. I believe there are formulas that allow for such estimates. Have you heard of this?
Actually EFI has a PID for a calculated horsepower reading, but I have no idea how accurate it is. Would seem to me that if it was REAL accurate, tuners wouldn't be saying they needed to put cars on a dyno.

Quote:
Or just rent the dyno at SS Performance for an hour. I think it's $120.00 or less. I know you're ticked off at them and I don't quite understand what the reason was that caused the rift, but they are close by and have what you need to answer that question. Besides, I want to know! Plus you could tweak stuff on the dyno better than on the highway(and not get a ticket doing it). I'm not trying to be a salesman for them, but they did a great job on my car and beat a well known former vendor of this site(in Seffner)by about 25% too. Maybe it was just a communication issue or a misunderstanding. Again, I don't know but if you guys could bury the hatchet it would probably benefit you both. They do seem to be a wealth of knowledge on the LS engine and GM cars in general. Life is too short to carry a grudge. Just my opinion.....
After I had brought my car home from Aaron Scott's shop and saw everything that still needed to be done on the car, especially the disaster of a fuel system that Chris Harwood installed, I went to them for help. And they completely snubbed me. Wouldn't even reply to my emails. You know what they say about a "friend in need"? Well it works in the opposite direction as well. That was THEIR choice, not mine.
Unread 11-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #8
navy2kcoupe
!ereH nI depparT m'I pleH

Location: 25 miles south of Boston, MA. Also have a house in Dunedin FL.
Name : Andy Anderson
navy2kcoupe has disabled reputation

The best way to show displeasure is with your feet! Use them to walk away
and never come back!
Andy
VIETNAM VETERANS CORVETTE CLUB - FOUNDING MEMBER #1
https://sites.google.com/site/vietna...scorvetteclub/
navy2kcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
Rich Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe View Post
The best way to show displeasure is with your feet! Use them to walk away
and never come back!
Andy
Actually I never was a customer of theirs. Only tried to be.

The Cruisin' Corvettes Club had a couple of "Chili Cookoffs" there and I spoke to one of the guys (Ryan, I believe). I could tell that he was only grudgingly talking to me when he figured out who I was. But I figured I would see if he would fix that fuel system garbage for me. He obviously wasn't interested so I asked Kenny Blankenship to help me trace some of the wiring to the fuel pump to get me grounded at where I needed to start, and after scouring the internet for answers, I just jumped in and did it myself.

Speaking of which, S&S was claiming to be able to do anything and everything on cars, but when I asked Ryan specifically if he could do a wheel alignment on my C6Z for me, he declined. So yeah, I know all I need to know about them, thank you very much.

If I need work done that I can't do myself or just don't feel like tackling, I'll take my car to Shane at the local Chevy dealership. BTW, Shane told me that he had people calling him urging him not to work on my car when it was out there, so that shows you the pettiness of some people around here, apparently. I guess they were rooting for me to fail getting the car back on the road.
Unread 11-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
85vette

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
BTW, Shane told me that he had people calling him urging him not to work on my car when it was out there, so that shows you the pettiness of some people around here, apparently. I guess they were rooting for me to fail getting the car back on the road.
Because....? I can only assume those "people" had/have been following your web saga. What would be their purpose for wanting to see you fail? Because you didn't choose them to do your work? (assuming said people were in competition with the ones you chose) Or are they folks that are easily amused by other peoples frustrations? In any event the news must have travelled in automotive circles here for someone to be telling a tech at a dealer not to work on your car. Maybe after reading all the tribulations some decided they did not want to get involved??

1. For fear of further failure

2. Because they were not capable

3. Because you call people out for shoddy work

4. Because Obama is president

5. All of the above

I can't believe that SS is not capable and I haven't seen any examples of shoddy work on their part. Personality clash? What's left?