The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

Corvette Top Sites

Go Back   The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club > Florida Specific Forums > General Florida Discussions

Photo Gallery Screen Saver!      

General Florida Discussions Anything related to Florida in general. From "natives" talking about things they know about, to visitors asking about details to make their visit more pleasant.

Unread 03-18-2020, 12:35 AM   #41
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Looks like the party boats will be hit hard if it is a 10 person limit. No way they can make money taking 7 paying people per trip since 3 crew are included in the 10 max. Can't even pay for fuel going 10 miles out in the gulf.
Yeah, and car shows are definitely going to be out.

I wonder if this headcount limit will apply to going to a grocery store or shopping mall? When Connie has to go to her dentist, is she going to need to count the number of people in the lobby?
Unread 03-18-2020, 06:25 AM   #42
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Yeah, and car shows are definitely going to be out.

I wonder if this headcount limit will apply to going to a grocery store or shopping mall? When Connie has to go to her dentist, is she going to need to count the number of people in the lobby?
Not sure what will happen. I go food shopping at 7 am so no one is around that much at that time.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #43
Rich Z

Quote:
Not sure what will happen. I go food shopping at 7 am so no one is around that much at that time.
That is probably an excellent idea.

This virus can be aerosolized from infected people when they cough or sneeze. Might stay suspended in air for 3 hours or so. Unfortunately the bare virus itself is too small to be blocked by most face masks. But if attached to something else, like spittle or water, that might be able to be blocked.

So the fewer people around when you are there, the better.
Unread 03-19-2020, 08:27 PM   #44
Rich Z

Aw crap. Now it is local.

Tallahassee Memorial Healthcare confirms first COVID-19 case, death in Leon County after out-of-state patient dies

Two patients who went to free-standing Capital Regional ER test positive for COVID-19

Looks like there are 4 confirmed cases in Leon County right now, all related to travel, but still.... It is nearby, way closer than I had hoped it would get this soon. And of course, Connie's dentist's office is up in Leon County. She has an appt on Monday for that bridgework. But a glimmer of a bright side is that the dentist office has semi locked down in that they are only accepting real emergencies right now. I guess they are considering Connie's case close enough, because they said that if she feels OK about coming in, that she can do so. But man, this is cutting it REAL close. I would have preferred to be on total lockdown by now.
Unread 03-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #45
Rich Z

Default Too lighten the mood a little bit...

Looks like a new trend might be starting, making the best of a bad situation. :rofl:
Attached Images

Unread 03-20-2020, 07:18 AM   #46
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Looks like a new trend might be starting, making the best of a bad situation. :rofl:
I may use that trick if needed.
Unread 04-01-2020, 02:00 AM   #47
Rich Z

Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida
Unread 04-01-2020, 06:23 AM   #48
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :

The whole country will be on lock down soon.
Unread 04-01-2020, 02:10 PM   #49
Rich Z

Quote:
The whole country will be on lock down soon.
I think both Trump and Pence want to leave that to the individual states making their own decisions. Which is probably wise, since the democrats would give them nothing but grief for doing that, even if the democrats wanted it done too. They would probably try to impeach Trump again over it....

Connie and I watched the White House coronavirus press conference last night and apparently they are expecting a very rough time over the next three weeks. This is telling me that they likely believe that there are a ton of asymptomatic carriers now in the USA, and that once the incubation period expires and the symptoms manifest themselves, medical facilities are going to get swamped with a surge of patients with serious life threatening symptoms. At BEST, they are projecting 100,000 USA deaths during that time period.

With the above in mind, if you aren't on lockdown yourself right now, it might be a real good idea to do so immediately. Trump admitted that this is an EXTREMELY contagious pathogen, and obviously needs to be taken seriously. Meaning that if you are around someone who is asymptomatic and shedding the virus, there is a very good chance you will catch it too. And then you will be asymptomatic and be shedding viruses to everyone else you come in contact with.

IMHO, this is going to be difficult to AVOID catching unless you develop a paranoid bunker mentality. Assume the worst and don't even bother hoping for the best right now. There are cases of people developing first symptoms and then being dead three or four days later. There is evidence this attacks the central nervous system and brain stem through the olfactory and/or optic nerves. It is NOT just a flu that might give you pneumonia, which is bad enough.

Just think about it. We have had flu come and go every year, but we have NEVER seen governments react like this over a flu or cold. IMHO, they know a lot more about this than they are telling, and they know spilling those beans would expose bad enough news to cause real panic. They are building as many RESPIRATORS as quickly as they can. That should be telling you something, right there. They are expecting a lot of people to be needing them REAL SOON.
Unread 04-17-2020, 09:28 PM   #50
Rich Z

I wonder what this picture will look like a month from now for Florida if they open things back up and all the mitigation efforts just go right out the window as a result?

Looks to me that things are already heading in the wrong direction to be even thinking about relaxing any mitigation efforts.

Personally, Connie and I aren't going to be changing anything, no matter what the rest of Florida and/or the country does. We are on lockdown. Just going to the post office late at night once or twice a week.
Attached Images